#1 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,209 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 07, 2017 - 05:47 AM

Sadly the state of Lakers has come down to: hope, potential and tank.

The state of the Lakers is so bad that we have to look into the future and hope that in 4 years we're relevant. 

We can sit hear and we can make all the excuses we want but the bottom line is we suck... s--- has come down to hope, prayers and banking on "potential" in addition things have gotten so bad that now we're down playing the importance of keeping this pick, LOL.

Russell: We still don't know what he is, Im not sure he knows what he is, is he a PG or SG? Is he a keeper or a moveable asset? IMO he seems more comfortable playing the 2, as of now Im keeping Russell but he's on the table for discussion.

Randle: I've said it before and I wont back off now, Im not a fan of his fit with this team/system, I wish him all the best that said Randle is definitely on the table for the right deal but Im not giving him away.

Clarkson: He is who he is, I don't see him getting much better, a nice piece at a good price but he can be kept or he can be moved, just depends on the return.

Ingram: He's a keeper.

Zubac: He's a keeper.

Nance: I like Nance, I would prefer to keep him but...

Mozgov: No comment.

Deng: No comment.

Young: It was time to go 3 years ago.

Robinson: Plays hard but...

MWP: Thanks for the good times, would make a nice defensive coach.

Black: Plays hard but...

Brewer: 7M damn...

Ennis: Deuces.

Nwaba: Played hard but... back to the D.

Walton: Im a fan.

Its a dark time for the franchise, lots of uncertainty, 32M tied up on 2-bench players at best, lots of journeymen, kids with "potential" and the pick is unknown. 

Pelinka and Magic have their work cut out for them, I hope they are up to the task.

I still believe... Go Lakers!

#2 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,202 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 07, 2017 - 09:49 PM

how many threads of those post-future lakers threads do we still need?

please lock

• pkflyers and Ventiquattro like this

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#3 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 794 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted April 07, 2017 - 10:50 PM

lock

• 43,794 posts

Posted April 07, 2017 - 11:14 PM

manaro calling to lock threads now? Lol.
  • DeeZee likes this

yo.

#5 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,121 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted April 08, 2017 - 04:20 AM

Sadly the state of Lakers has come down to: hope, potential and tank.

The state of the Lakers is so bad that we have to look into the future and hope that in 4 years we're relevant. 

We can sit hear and we can make all the excuses we want but the bottom line is we suck... s--- has come down to hope, prayers and banking on "potential" in addition things have gotten so bad that now we're down playing the importance of keeping this pick, LOL.

Russell: We still don't know what he is, Im not sure he knows what he is, is he a PG or SG? Is he a keeper or a moveable asset? IMO he seems more comfortable playing the 2, as of now Im keeping Russell but he's on the table for discussion.

Randle: I've said it before and I wont back off now, Im not a fan of his fit with this team/system, I wish him all the best that said Randle is definitely on the table for the right deal but Im not giving him away.

Clarkson: He is who he is, I don't see him getting much better, a nice piece at a good price but he can be kept or he can be moved, just depends on the return.

Ingram: He's a keeper.

Zubac: He's a keeper.

Nance: I like Nance, I would prefer to keep him but...

Mozgov: No comment.

Deng: No comment.

Young: It was time to go 3 years ago.

Robinson: Plays hard but...

MWP: Thanks for the good times, would make a nice defensive coach.

Black: Plays hard but...

Brewer: 7M damn...

Ennis: Deuces.

Nwaba: Played hard but... back to the D.

Walton: Im a fan.

Its a dark time for the franchise, lots of uncertainty, 32M tied up on 2-bench players at best, lots of journeymen, kids with "potential" and the pick is unknown. 

Pelinka and Magic have their work cut out for them, I hope they are up to the task.

I still believe... Go Lakers!

Im not too sure where the other TRUTH threads like this are. I know in various threads similars feelings are expressed but maybe I missed viewing them. I also noticed all of the talk of how much better by the end of Russells second year we are going to be has stopped. All the Clarkson is going to be an All Star talk has stopped. All the analytics just to make a player look worth a damn has stopped. All the he's better than Booker talk has stopped. Alot of the keep this young core no matter what has stopped. Just Sayin

Edited by lakersince75, April 08, 2017 - 04:21 AM.

• LACAS likes this

#6 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,522 posts

Posted April 08, 2017 - 06:13 AM

Character development.
  •     likes this

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#7 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,142 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted April 08, 2017 - 06:40 AM

Im not too sure where the other TRUTH threads like this are. I know in various threads similars feelings are expressed but maybe I missed viewing them. I also noticed all of the talk of how much better by the end of Russells second year we are going to be has stopped. All the Clarkson is going to be an All Star talk has stopped. All the analytics just to make a player look worth a damn has stopped. All the he's better than Booker talk has stopped. Alot of the keep this young core no matter what has stopped. Just Sayin

Just because something isn't being discussed doesn't mean it isn't still true. Most of those topics have been covered far too many times.

I'd take Russell over Booker still. Until either proves that they are much better than the other, I'll take the one with a more well rounded game and more potential to actually carry a team which is easily Russell.

I thought Booker was better after their rookie seasons but now I don't see it. He's had some great games but outside of spot up shooting, the rest of his game is pretty awful. Bledsoe creates a lot for him as well which Russell doesn't have.

Edited by kidpolean, April 08, 2017 - 06:42 AM.

#8 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted April 08, 2017 - 08:11 AM

Im super impressed with Ingram. Russell has shown signs of improvement over the course of the season as well. Randle played a nice season too. He has a lot of work to do in terms of executing the plays. He's like Deng, they always forget the play calls. Yesterday, as an example, Randle blew up couple of calls Russell and Clarkson tried to run. However, the growth he's shown is impressive as well.

If I had to categorize the keepers Id say:

Class 1: Ingram, Russell and Zubac/Nance. ( In order)

Class 2: Clarkson and Randle.

The rest arent valuable enough to move the needle or net assets in trades.

Lakers could always use the 2 picks this year and Clarkson for example for a better and more proven player.

The reality is, I doubt Magic/Rob will continue with the path movement. They'll probably keep a few of them and try to mesh some young players with stars(via trade or FA).

I'd give a look at Fox If Lakers land the 2nd or 3rd pick or maybe trade down a spot or two and get an additional player from Magic or Sixers.

Edited by Ventiquattro, April 08, 2017 - 08:13 AM.

#9 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,529 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 08, 2017 - 09:42 AM

If the front office believes in Ingram and or Russell... and they know basketball... theybwouldnt bring in a player to step on their toes in terms of development.

I think this star by next season talk reeks of desperation

#10 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,202 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 08, 2017 - 09:42 AM

Character development.

you welcome 

giphy.gif

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#11 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,209 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 08, 2017 - 02:19 PM