Lakers Host Shaqtown Street Fest

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,537 posts

Posted March 20, 2017 - 04:54 PM

To celebrate the unveiling of a bronze statue of legendary Los Angeles Lakers and NBA Hall of Fame player Shaquille "Shaq" O’Neal in Star Plaza at STAPLES Center, the Lakers and AEG will host Shaqtown, a street festival on March 24 from 2pm to 7pm to take place on Chick Hearn Court and Microsoft Square at L.A. LIVE.

http://www.nba.com/l...?ls=recent_news

I'm considering on going.

• Mr Terrific likes this

#2 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,598 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 20, 2017 - 05:41 PM

I'm going to be there at like a good Friday agreement to drop on the scene of his age group that has been waiting for a real lineup and rotation of his teammates and that the checks be there at like a real lineup and Mosgov leave when kids are assets and it's up to the GM of whatever team to be a good girl and ride this year at the very least you have been better with a guy that is close to drop off
  • pkflyers likes this

#3 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,566 posts

Posted March 20, 2017 - 07:13 PM

^ what ?
  • JEN likes this

#4 dazz

dazz

• 1,199 posts

Posted March 21, 2017 - 03:23 AM

Can't wait for Shaq's speech about how flat the earth is :/

hsl17b.jpg

#5 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,752 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 21, 2017 - 08:31 AM

hmmm, I acutally have that day off...I'll think about making the drive down

Posted Image

#6 Yaboy

Yaboy

Starter

• 4,624 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 24, 2017 - 05:29 PM

Did anyone go? ... I wish I was in LA i'd be there without a doubt haha

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#7 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,357 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted March 24, 2017 - 06:19 PM

I live 20 mins from Staples. Lol I refused to deal with that traffic. Shaq is my boy but no lol. Now Kobe Bean? I'm there lol
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#8 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight got traded for the ends of the white🍞& an 🍊

• 8,758 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted March 24, 2017 - 06:52 PM

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#9 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,537 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 07:27 PM

I went earlier today. Great ceremony all-around. The festivities throughout was pretty cool. May post pics some time during the next few days...
  • FranklinPeanuts and     like this

#10 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,537 posts

Posted March 27, 2017 - 04:52 PM

I have uploaded several photos from the Shaq Town Street Fest on my Facebook. I've made this particular photo album public, so if you don't have a Facebook account, you're still able to view the images: https://www.facebook...=1&l=8e5b9705da

• Game and Busty Bluth like this

#11 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,385 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted March 27, 2017 - 05:20 PM

I was there too.

That stage was surreal, with kobe and shaq sitting together.

And Phil and Jeannie sitting with Kareem between them.

Such drama.

I applaud Jeannie for holding things together in what must have been a really painful day coming after this whole jim buss thing (who wasn't there)

Special shout out to shaq's first daughter who spoke and was really magnificent in what she said.

• JEN likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#12 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,779 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted April 02, 2017 - 07:30 AM

Just in case you missed it; there's some traffic but wasn't crazy, parking was low of ten to forty bucks streets had tow-away signs but my fav spot was ok, I brought a chair not liking to stand waiting was a good move, statue is great, Shaqs suit not so much, but hey he's Shaq funny "Can You Dig It?"

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, April 02, 2017 - 07:31 AM.

• JEN likes this

#13 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,385 posts

Posted April 02, 2017 - 11:30 AM

Haha

Shaq's suit was an odd choice.

An outdoor picnic table cloth that thing looked like

Edited by kball, April 02, 2017 - 11:30 AM.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#14 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,385 posts

Posted April 06, 2017 - 01:06 PM

On a side note, the 2 Backstage Lakers that covered the Shaq Statue were really good.

Interesting and also good to see the laker player reunion.

Man kobe looks good. Happy and dapper.

Still think Shaq wore a picnic table cloth

READY FOR SEASON!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users