#21 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,079 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 20, 2017 - 02:24 PM

KD is easily the most offensively gifted player in basketball in the past decade in my opinion.  He's also a very underrated defender as well.

He's just always been outshined by Lebron at the 3 position but KD when healthy is easily the best individual player in the Western Conference.  Throwing away schemes, coaching, and all other variables, based upon raw talent and ability alone, Durant is 1B to Lebron.

In terms of Greek Freak. I've never been more wrong about a player.  I never got caught in the hype and actually thought he'd be a bust following his first 2 seasons.  He's really proven me wrong as he's slowly developed a jumper and the ball-handling has also improved immensely.  

Edited by LakeShow1o1, March 20, 2017 - 02:24 PM.

#22 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,133 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 20, 2017 - 02:36 PM

KD is easily the most offensively gifted player in basketball in the past decade in my opinion.  He's also a very underrated defender as well.

He's just always been outshined by Lebron at the 3 position but KD when healthy is easily the best individual player in the Western Conference.  Throwing away schemes, coaching, and all other variables, based upon raw talent and ability alone, Durant is 1B to Lebron.

In terms of Greek Freak. I've never been more wrong about a player.  I never got caught in the hype and actually thought he'd be a bust following his first 2 seasons.  He's really proven me wrong as he's slowly developed a jumper and the ball-handling has also improved immensely.  

KD is a beast... what are are the chances of him leaving the bay area if GS loses? He's sure to get the blame... 

#23 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,739 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 21, 2017 - 11:18 PM

I think you said he wouldn't net us a top 10 pick and we would be lucky to get the 15th-20th+ pick for him. You did mention Marquese Chriss though. 

I said I didn't think he'd get us a top 10 pick but if we could trade him for a top 10 pick, we should use it on Marquese Chriss...If you go back through the thread, I said repeatedly "10-20" or "10-15"...that's because I didn't think a team would give us a pick higher, not because I didn't think we should try.

There are LOTS of other people who thought Randle was worth the 3rd pick in this past draft...the way people were talking about him, maybe someone like PHO or NOP WOULD have traded their top 10 pick for Randle...PHO took 2 BIGS in the top 10 (with Chriss being the 2nd) so they may have bit.

Point is, you thought I was crazy for suggesting Randle for Chriss...

There are about 15 players in the top 40 of this draft that could end up better than Randle...you willing to pull that trigger this time?

BTW, this guy has a lot of flaws but I think he's going to be MUCH better than his draft position within 2 years...

• LACAS likes this

tenor.gif

#24 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,525 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 21, 2017 - 11:26 PM

KD alone doesn't make this team a 4-6 seed. We have way too many defensive holes for that. Maybe in 5 years time. 

#25 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,079 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 21, 2017 - 11:47 PM

@GCMD

Considering Randle will be a RFA next year and no one knows how much he'll make, I don't think he'd net us a Top 10 pick.  Maybe a  pick within the 15-20th range, but I just don't know what his worth currently is on the market.  In terms of dealing him for a pick or younger talent, I'm still not sure if that's the right move.  The best addition would be to find an established role player that can immediately produce and be inserted into the rotation alongside Russell and Ingram.

If Randle was worth a lottery pick 1-15th range, I'd much rather use the pick and package it for a proven player than draft another project.  Isaiah is a very intriguing prospect no doubt and I've been following him for awhile now after seeing his VICE documentary.  However, this team needs proven talent, not more project players that we hope will pan out.

• Clutch Factor likes this

#26 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,101 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted March 25, 2017 - 01:11 AM

KD by himself? Somewhere between seeds 4-6. If we get KD or LeBron trades will be made. Ingram and a top 3 pick will get us another star. Add Russell and some other assets and there is another very good player right there.

After that we could probably compete with any team in the NBA.

I'd target Lillard, Butler, or PG13 just to name a few guys. With our assets, as long as we are willing to gut the team to compete, I think we could realistically get two second tier type players to put besides KD. The rest of the roster will be filled during free agency.

Moz and Deng's contracts will be an issue in this scenario though.

I think that people severely underrate KD.

I think people underestimate how hard it would be for ANY ONE player to make this an instant 4 to 6 seed playoff team. Ask Michael Jordan

Edited by lakersince75, March 25, 2017 - 01:13 AM.

• LACAS likes this

#27 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,981 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted March 25, 2017 - 04:20 AM

I think people underestimate how hard it would be for ANY ONE player to make this an instant 4 to 6 seed playoff team. Ask Michael Jordan

LeBron/KD will get any team in the NBA to the playoffs. I'm not gonna argue about 7-8 seed vs 4-6 but we'd easily make the playoffs with just KD.

You know what team has the 6th seed right now? OKC! Take Westbrook off that team and they'd be fighting us for that top 3 pick!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users