73 replies to this topic

#21 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,488 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 20, 2017 - 09:34 PM

They should take him back. He's been apart of so much success in a front office role.

1. Creates the 80s Lakers dynasty

2. Manages to get Shaq and Kobe on the same team, along with Phil! Leading to another dynasty

3. Goes to Memphis, and turns them into a playoff team. 

4. Goes to the Warriors, who hadn't won anything in decades, and now all of a sudden they break the wins record.

This isn't a coincidence people. Whatever that man touches turns to gold. We need him. I'd fire Magic and Pelinka in a heart beat to get him back. 

• Majesty likes this

#22 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 53,786 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 21, 2017 - 08:00 AM

Yeah, remember when Magic was criticizing Jim Buss? 

"[He's] trying to do it himself, trying to prove to everybody that this was the right decision, that 'my dad gave me the reins,' and he's not consulting anybody," Johnson said on ESPN's "First Take."

"His father was smart enough to understand that, you know? 'I can own the team, but I don't have the basketball expertise to make those decisions, so let me bring in Jerry West,' " said Johnson.

Yeah, so what happened to that Magic? Or does it not apply to you now. 

• Rekal likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#23 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 4,933 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted April 21, 2017 - 02:41 PM

Honestly for me it is what it is. Im rolling with Rob and Magic and hoping for the best.

this

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#24 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,230 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted April 21, 2017 - 04:21 PM

Yeah, remember when Magic was criticizing Jim Buss? 

"[He's] trying to do it himself, trying to prove to everybody that this was the right decision, that 'my dad gave me the reins,' and he's not consulting anybody," Johnson said on ESPN's "First Take."

"His father was smart enough to understand that, you know? 'I can own the team, but I don't have the basketball expertise to make those decisions, so let me bring in Jerry West,' " said Johnson.

Yeah, so what happened to that Magic? Or does it not apply to you now. 

Magic was a fantastic player, but he is a businessman now.  so flip flop is to be expected.  and i won't be surprised that he's ultimate goal is to buy out Lakers.  

Edited by lonlyamongus, April 21, 2017 - 04:21 PM.

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#25 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,328 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted April 30, 2017 - 02:32 PM

Shut it down. We're done here.

#26 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 391 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 04, 2017 - 05:26 PM

Jeanie is incompetent. Real talk - she is probably also banging Magic. It don't get no better.

#27 Turbo

Turbo

Rookie

• 188 posts
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 30, 2017 - 10:31 PM

Clipps gonna try to lure The Logo:

http://www.espn.com/...-state-warriors

#28 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,601 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted May 31, 2017 - 04:37 AM

Clipps gonna try to lure The Logo:

Just read this. Actually maybe a smart move to do tho because Fox just sucka as a gm

#29 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 53,786 posts

Posted May 31, 2017 - 03:00 PM

Since the Lakers said no, the Clippers are now going after Jerry....

and ugh....

@ESPNSteinLine
 Follow
More

Updating the Clippers/Jerry West story: League sources say West has already held talks w/owner Steve Ballmer and coach/president Doc Rivers.

@BA_Turner
 Follow
More

Was just told per source that Jerry West is "very intrigued" about working with the Clippers, as @ESPNSteinLine first reported.

Are we seriously.. REALLY about to deny Jerry coming back here and thus lose him to the freaking Clippers!?!

GIF-Are-you-[expletive]ing-kidding-me-FFS-For-F

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#30 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Legend

• 11,410 posts

Posted May 31, 2017 - 04:19 PM

Very good move by the Clippers.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#31 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 53,786 posts

Posted June 01, 2017 - 12:09 AM

Jerry West reportedly wanted to re-join Lakers 'more than anything,' might settle for Clippers role http://www.

http://www.silverscr...clippers-rumors

DBNGlSgUMAAdKWV.jpg

#32 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 893 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted June 01, 2017 - 10:13 AM

DBP7hhZVYAA6urM.jpg

#33 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 893 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted June 01, 2017 - 10:17 AM

Absolutely no reason for him to not have a role in the Lakers if he wanted to come on board

• Majesty likes this

#34 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,543 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted June 01, 2017 - 10:38 AM

And this is where Kobe comes in.

#35 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,632 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted June 01, 2017 - 11:58 AM

He can do what he wants, it's a shame he left. Should've been with the lakers for life. He must've pissed off the buss family for him to be turned away. If JW were able to orchestrate a clipper championship he'd be a basketball god. And if that happens the buss family will be done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#36 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Legend

• 11,410 posts

Posted June 01, 2017 - 12:19 PM

He's too old to understand how the game has changed.

What has he done in the past three years to suggest he still can provide a franchise with success?

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#37 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 53,786 posts

Posted June 01, 2017 - 02:59 PM

DBP7hhZVYAA6urM.jpg

"Sometimes I thought in my life that would be something that I can revisit. or they would want me to revisit. But that didn't happen. 

At times, I wouldn't say I was disappointed. But it kind of sent me a message. They wanted to go elsewhere, which is fine." 

There you have it, he was essentially told he wasn't wanted and they wanted to go elsewhere.   STRAIGHT from the guy's mouth.  It was not "fake news" it wasn't made up, it happened, and Jerry just confirmed it. 

That's hard to defend.  if Jerry wanted to be here you take him, consultant or anything, you get him. As I said, Magic bashed Jim for years for not surrounding himself with people like Jerry West that know more than he did, like his father did. Welp we got Jerry West wanting to come back and aren't taking advantage.   Aside from hypocritical, it may cause other consequences. 

"If West were to join the Clippers, there is a chance he would hire his son, Ryan West, who is the assistant director of scouting for the Lakers, in a front-office job with the Clippers, one executive said." 

And now you risk losing Ryan on top of that. Ryan who TURNED DOWN the GM job with the Kings in order to stay loyal to us.    So this decision making could cause us to lose both Jerry AND RYAN to the freaking Clippers.  

Anyone want to try to defend that? 

Edited by Majesty, June 01, 2017 - 03:17 PM.

#38 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,632 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted June 01, 2017 - 03:33 PM

"Sometimes I thought in my life that would be something that I can revisit. or they would want me to revisit. But that didn't happen. 

At times, I wouldn't say I was disappointed. But it kind of sent me a message. They wanted to go elsewhere, which is fine." 

There you have it, he was essentially told he wasn't wanted and they wanted to go elsewhere.   STRAIGHT from the guy's mouth.  It was not "fake news" it wasn't made up, it happened, and Jerry just confirmed it. 

That's hard to defend.  if Jerry wanted to be here you take him, consultant or anything, you get him. As I said, Magic bashed Jim for years for not surrounding himself with people like Jerry West that know more than he did, like his father did. Welp we got Jerry West wanting to come back and aren't taking advantage.   Aside from hypocritical, it may cause other consequences. 

"If West were to join the Clippers, there is a chance he would hire his son, Ryan West, who is the assistant director of scouting for the Lakers, in a front-office job with the Clippers, one executive said." 
LA Times

And now you risk losing Ryan on top of that. Ryan who TURNED DOWN the GM job with the Kings in order to stay loyal to us.    So this decision making could cause us to lose both Jerry AND RYAN to the freaking Clippers.  

Anyone want to try to defend that? 

I don't care if Ryan West walks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#39 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 1,949 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:1974

Posted June 02, 2017 - 09:18 AM

If there were a possibility of West rejoining the LAL as a consultant, Magic would be a fool not to bring back the logo.

• Majesty likes this

#40 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,454 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted June 03, 2017 - 05:13 PM

In what world do the lakers hire byron scott then a few years later retain mark madsen but turn away West?

Amid all the reshuffling i just dont get it

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users