#81 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,366 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 20, 2017 - 11:27 AM

Mr Analytic. Are we taking stats from early in the season when we gave a ISH again??  Go get your TI 1000 and calculate what its been like 10 games before the all star game or the last 75% or the season until now. I say this because this is who we really are. We can argue all we want, justify all we want and make all the excuses in the world. The reality is adding 2 good players would not put this team into the playoffs. Folks are acting like we are not last in the West with one of the worst records ever. We can split hairs and poke holes in post all day but the reality is this thing is a mess. By the way if we lost every other game by 15 while losing the other by 1 that would be an avg of 7 correct?? That's cool with you?? The statement that sparked this was Middleton and Drummond would make us a playoff team by the way

Who knows what we could / would have been with other players.  Just so there is no confusion I don't think anybody is saying if you put Drummond and Middleton on the Lakers now, with 12 games left, they'd be a playoff team.  All season with Middleton healthy, yea it's probable.  Since January 1st it's possible but not likely.  Since the all star break, nah.  

We've had a -9.4 point differential the last 22 games by the way.  Through the first 20 games of the season it was -2.95.  Who knows the extent to which Drummond and Middleton would have helped us but I guess we'll just have to use the last 22 games as a barometer because it fits your asinine argument.  Maybe with studs like Jahlil Okafor, Michael Carter Williams, and Darren Collison (your suggestions) we'd be better.  Okafor and Collison for sure would go a long way to alleviate our defensive issues you're always harping on.     

#82 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,108 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted March 22, 2017 - 12:28 PM

Who knows what we could / would have been with other players.  Just so there is no confusion I don't think anybody is saying if you put Drummond and Middleton on the Lakers now, with 12 games left, they'd be a playoff team.  All season with Middleton healthy, yea it's probable.  Since January 1st it's possible but not likely.  Since the all star break, nah.  

We've had a -9.4 point differential the last 22 games by the way.  Through the first 20 games of the season it was -2.95.  Who knows the extent to which Drummond and Middleton would have helped us but I guess we'll just have to use the last 22 games as a barometer because it fits your asinine argument.  Maybe with studs like Jahlil Okafor, Michael Carter Williams, and Darren Collison (your suggestions) we'd be better.  Okafor and Collison for sure would go a long way to alleviate our defensive issues you're always harping on.     

And everyone one of those players are better than what we used as a starter at one point or another. Never said these players were saviors however Pick a trio from Moz, Clarkson, Deng, at the time Calderon / Huertas and I'd take the above pieces. By the way the asinine argument was if we had them from the outset. And as I watch Drummond IN THE EAST with a better team than we have probably not make the playoffs and Middleton Milwaukee in the 7th seed for now in THE EAST with a much better team than we have. Eh  I'd go with if we had both we still wouldn't make the playoffs IN THE WEST. Oddly the last time I checked MCW's on ball defense was a ISH load better than DRuss aka Swaggy D

Edited by lakersince75, March 22, 2017 - 12:55 PM.

#83 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,485 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 22, 2017 - 01:28 PM

L75 you don't know basketball

#84 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,036 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted March 22, 2017 - 01:32 PM

And everyone one of those players are better than what we used as a starter at one point or another. Never said these players were saviors however Pick a trio from Moz, Clarkson, Deng, at the time Calderon / Huertas and I'd take the above pieces. By the way the asinine argument was if we had them from the outset. And as I watch Drummond IN THE EAST with a better team than we have probably not make the playoffs and Middleton Milwaukee in the 7th seed for now in THE EAST with a much better team than we have. Eh  I'd go with if we had both we still wouldn't make the playoffs IN THE WEST. Oddly the last time I checked MCW's on ball defense was a ISH load better than DRuss aka Swaggy D

8th seed only has 33 wins. I'm pretty sure adding both of those guys all season could get us up to the point where we'd be fighting for the 8th seed. Those two take away two of our biggest weaknesses. I'm really not sure why this is even being argued though.

#85 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,108 posts

Posted March 23, 2017 - 12:01 PM

L75 you don't know basketball

You're hilarious. I've been correct plenty. I just like paying the edge when it comes to my opinion. The other oddity is being there when it comes to history. It's funny how you and a bunch of others made all these claims for years and have been dead wrong and now you want to give your OPINION on who knows Ball... LMAO

Edited by lakersince75, March 23, 2017 - 12:06 PM.

#86 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,800 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 23, 2017 - 12:49 PM

Haha.telling somebody they dont know basketball because somebody else's opinion differs from their own. Priceless.
  • Tensai, martin90 and LACAS like this

#87 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,556 posts

Posted March 23, 2017 - 04:15 PM

Haha.telling somebody they dont know basketball because somebody else's opinion differs from their own. Priceless.

If someone told you LeBron is not a hall of famer, how do you respond?

a) Hmmm.. I disagree.

b) you dont know [expletive] about basketball.

• Rekal likes this

#88 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,036 posts

Posted March 23, 2017 - 04:24 PM

If someone told you LeBron is not a hall of famer, how do you respond?

a) Hmmm.. I disagree.
b) you dont know [expletive] about basketball.

I think B is the right answer but that's simply a guess.

#89 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,800 posts

Posted March 23, 2017 - 07:55 PM

I will say ok, nice talking to you. I don't need to say it.
  • Tensai likes this

#90 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,556 posts

Posted March 23, 2017 - 08:25 PM

I will say ok, nice talking to you. I don't need to say it.

But you gonna say it in your mind lol..

#91 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,800 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 03:50 AM

But you gonna say it in your mind lol..

Truthfully, no. I tend to laugh and either entertain, like I do here or won't reply.
  • Tensai likes this

#92 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,158 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted March 24, 2017 - 09:21 AM

I never understood this mentality, a difference of opinion translates to "you dont [expletive] about basketball"

Thats silly.

#93 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,513 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 09:52 AM

Everyone's turning on each other and I didn't have to do anything.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#94 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,158 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 10:08 AM

Total anarchy.

#95 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,800 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 11:50 AM

Everyone's turning on each other and I didn't have to do anything.

yes you did.. you started beating your meat on this forum. SHAME

Edited by FranklinPeanuts, March 24, 2017 - 01:37 PM.

#96 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,158 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 01:01 PM

I just watched for a 3rd time Connected with... Rob Pelinka, I have a good feeling about this guy, he loves the details, numbers, legalities and the game in addition he's a solid relationship builder and word around the league from his from his peers and players, the guy is very sharp, charismatic and likable.  

+He's young which helps relate to todays game and players.

Edited by LACAS, March 24, 2017 - 01:01 PM.

#97 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,108 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 11:28 PM

I never worry about cats like that. I didn't worry about them when I could get up and down the court and I don't worry about cyber bullies now. Those are the same dudes who get real quiet face to face

#98 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,108 posts

Posted March 25, 2017 - 12:07 AM

I just watched for a 3rd time Connected with... Rob Pelinka, I have a good feeling about this guy, he loves the details, numbers, legalities and the game in addition he's a solid relationship builder and word around the league from his from his peers and players, the guy is very sharp, charismatic and likable.  

+He's young which helps relate to todays game and players.

I think he and Magic are playing nice for the media right now but they are going to gut this team and no one is safe if the trade is right. I don't think these guys are going to wait around until 2020. If it cost us Russell, Randle, Nance, Ingram and Clarkson to get Butler, Paul and CP3 or Blake, they may pull the trigger. I don't recall Magic having patience with the Dodgers and I don't believe he's going to fool around with this Trust the Process ISH while watching the top 3 or 4 teams win chips through Free Agency and trade. I don't think they want to be like the Trust the Process teams and have the 7 year plan just to make to the 5th seed. If we were building around Kat and Wiggins it may make sense but we don't. If we had Milwaukees roster MAYBE, But we don't. Our best have glaring mechanical and or mental deficiencies and I'm not sure if we will see any of them if the Price is Right. Russell is definitely improving, but would you bank on him leading us to the 4th seed by 2019 especially if he's the best on our team? Not too many championship caliber teams in the last 20 years who had a non athletic 2 guard or a 2 that didn't have pretty damn good one on one D. I for one am not mad we wiffed on some of the so-called big time FA in the last year or 2. (we never had a chance at LeBron by the way) I don't think a lot of them were franchise changers by themselves however there are some coming in the next 2 years that make you go Hmmmmmm. I know everyone would like the Golden State feel good story and would love to see our young core turn into Curry Thompson Green and Barnes but that rarely happens, By the way; as good of a shooter Russell is, whats the chances 2 of our players developing into two of the best shooters on the planet let alone in the NBA? (and even that wasn't good enough against Cleveland) Insert FA KD 

Edited by lakersince75, March 25, 2017 - 12:17 AM.

• LACAS likes this

#99 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,158 posts

Posted March 25, 2017 - 05:04 AM

I think he and Magic are playing nice for the media right now but they are going to gut this team and no one is safe if the trade is right. I don't think these guys are going to wait around until 2020. If it cost us Russell, Randle, Nance, Ingram and Clarkson to get Butler, Paul and CP3 or Blake, they may pull the trigger. I don't recall Magic having patience with the Dodgers and I don't believe he's going to fool around with this Trust the Process ISH while watching the top 3 or 4 teams win chips through Free Agency and trade. I don't think they want to be like the Trust the Process teams and have the 7 year plan just to make to the 5th seed. If we were building around Kat and Wiggins it may make sense but we don't. If we had Milwaukees roster MAYBE, But we don't. Our best have glaring mechanical and or mental deficiencies and I'm not sure if we will see any of them if the Price is Right. Russell is definitely improving, but would you bank on him leading us to the 4th seed by 2019 especially if he's the best on our team? Not too many championship caliber teams in the last 20 years who had a non athletic 2 guard or a 2 that didn't have pretty damn good one on one D. I for one am not mad we wiffed on some of the so-called big time FA in the last year or 2. (we never had a chance at LeBron by the way) I don't think a lot of them were franchise changers by themselves however there are some coming in the next 2 years that make you go Hmmmmmm. I know everyone would like the Golden State feel good story and would love to see our young core turn into Curry Thompson Green and Barnes but that rarely happens, By the way; as good of a shooter Russell is, whats the chances 2 of our players developing into two of the best shooters on the planet let alone in the NBA? (and even that wasn't good enough against Cleveland) Insert FA KD 

I agree, I don't think Magic has the patience either, he's been a winner his entire life and he expects to win... however I do hope Pelinka intervenes regarding the gutting of the team which I don't think is necessary. That said I do believe in improvement and I do believe the kids need a go-to guy they can defer to, count on and someone who could lead them... I have a feeling Magic has his eyes on Paul George.

I think a deal along the lines of Randle, Russell (only if we land Ball or Fultz) and the HOU pick can entice IND who should know by now PG is gone.

Hopefully Pelinka's craftiness will result in moving either Moz or Deng and somehow find us a stretch 4.

These two moves alone will help us greatly....

Fultz or Ball / JC

Ingram / Nwaba

George / Deng

*strecth 4: Ibaka would be ideal / Nance (I like Mirotic on the cheap)

Zubac / Black

Edited by LACAS, March 25, 2017 - 05:27 AM.

#100 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,036 posts

Posted March 25, 2017 - 07:31 AM

Your post make it obvious that you simply want to watch a playoff team. Watch the Clippers if that's what you want. Paul, Butler, and CP3 will get knocked out of the playoffs for the next 4-5 seasons before we start this process all over again.

Is that what you want?

I don't think anyone cares HOW we win a championship. If we could trade all our youth to get LeBron and a second tier star, I'd do it. Same with KD because those guys make you a contender. But collecting 2nd tier stars with no number 1 puts us in a terrible position.

Edited by kidpolean, March 25, 2017 - 07:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users