• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#41 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,487 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted March 10, 2017 - 01:33 PM

He just Rob has a list of the free agents for the next 5 years. My feeble mind is only on next season. Lol

Honestly I think it makes no sense to project that far. At best the 5th year projection would be incoming rookies and those are by far the hardest signs to get becuase if they are good then a team will have them locked up by then. 

#42 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,800 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 10, 2017 - 01:39 PM

I can't say what this Magic Pelinka combo will work out but, they seem to look like it's a get with the program or get your a double s out of here

#43 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,158 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted March 10, 2017 - 01:45 PM

They're expecting the team to bring it, accountability... I like what I heard, I think Pelinka knows what he's up against and is ready to excel... I think he knows something we don't but soon will.

#44 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,158 posts

Posted March 10, 2017 - 01:48 PM

This guy knows the bizz, the agents and players... his biggest obstacle will be Moz and Deng, good luck.

#45 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,800 posts

Posted March 10, 2017 - 01:50 PM

nothing is wrong with looking into the future years of the free agents. and i would never say never. yes the cba is designed to keep star players with their home teams, but i am  hoping this dude can find a loophole since he is a wiz. i am happy with what i heard and hopefully the free agency scene has changed for the Lakers

• LACAS likes this

#46 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,158 posts

Posted March 10, 2017 - 01:56 PM

nothing is wrong with looking into the future years of the free agents. and i would never say never. yes the cba is designed to keep star players with their home teams, but i am  hoping this dude can find a loophole since he is a wiz. i am happy with what i heard and hopefully the free agency scene has changed for the Lakers

Agreed but it wont be easy, certain contracts will handicap us and the new CBA will be difficult to maneuver around but he definitely comes off well prepared for the challenge. 

#47 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,487 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted March 10, 2017 - 01:57 PM

This guy knows the bizz, the agents and players... his biggest obstacle will be Moz and Deng, good luck.

I think both will be quite tradable next offseason rather than this one. Right now it would take sending someone like clarkosn with Moz for pretty much nothing but next offseason he will be seen as a soon to be expiring contract and a large one too. At that point it might just take sending a 2nd rounder with him. Now if we hold them all the way till the trade deadline on their expiring deal then those guys could net us a huge return. Thats 35+ mill of cap space. Not many teams are able to offer that. 

• LACAS likes this

#48 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,800 posts

Posted March 10, 2017 - 01:59 PM

I think both will be quite tradable next offseason rather than this one. Right now it would take sending someone like clarkosn with Moz for pretty much nothing but next offseason he will be seen as a soon to be expiring contract and a large one too. At that point it might just take sending a 2nd rounder with him. Now if we hold them all the way till the trade deadline on their expiring deal then those guys could net us a huge return. Thats 35+ mill of cap space. Not many teams are able to offer that. 

if he pulls that off, GM OF THE YEAR. LOL

#49 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,366 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 10, 2017 - 02:12 PM

2019 trade deadline / summer will be the easiest time to move Deng / Moz assuming they're healthy.  

#50 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,126 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted March 10, 2017 - 03:39 PM

I like what rob said, he sounds so passionate except for one thing: when he said theyre gonna lure players because the lakers is the best situation for them (including the business) stand point which i think didnt work for us before ie aldridge.. and i thought were gonna go away fromthat approach

#51 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 937 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted March 10, 2017 - 03:56 PM

http://bleacherrepor...ka-front-office

Jerry West was interested in returning to the Lakers, where son Ryan has carved out a useful role with the old and new regime, but, though Jeanie Buss will forever revere Jerry, he didn't match her vision for the future, according to NBA sources.

Aw-Hell-Naw-Kanye-West-Gif.gif

• Majesty likes this

#52 artemis

artemis

Bruin

• 1,669 posts
  • Name:Artemis
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Pau, Horry

Posted March 10, 2017 - 04:18 PM

Did he really say that when you take out the "K" in Lakers and turn it into a "C" shows that Lakers "cares". Lol! Everything else was great.
  • DeeZee, lildvl10 and kball like this

“It is by chance that we met, by choice that we became friends.”

Posted Image

rest in paradise bestie matt
8.13.1992 - 9.27.2010

#53 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,513 posts

Posted March 10, 2017 - 04:50 PM

Jerry West is an old fart; akin to Mitch.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#54 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,297 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 10, 2017 - 05:07 PM

Did he really say that when you take out the "K" in Lakers and turn it into a "C" shows that Lakers "cares". Lol! Everything else was great.

The Los Angeles Lacers >_> 

• artemis likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#55 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,917 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted March 10, 2017 - 05:55 PM

^

Lets hope he's somewhat more thorough on...say things like contracts, players, CBA agreement, negotiations with other GM's.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#56 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,917 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted March 10, 2017 - 05:57 PM

Also liked how magic was asked about the laker defense and said he'll evaluate it after the season.

HAHAHHA

Between the Lines: We are going to keep losing to protect pick

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#57 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 8,174 posts

Posted March 10, 2017 - 06:50 PM

I like what rob said, he sounds so passionate except for one thing: when he said theyre gonna lure players because the lakers is the best situation for them (including the business) stand point which i think didnt work for us before ie aldridge.. and i thought were gonna go away fromthat approach

Not gonna lie, I paused at that moment, and mumbled to myself not again.

But overall it was good first impression of Rob. Obviously he has a lot of work to do. Evaluating some of these players is gonna be a [expletive].

fXlFKv8.gif

#58 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,297 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 10, 2017 - 06:59 PM

Jeanie doesn't seem to think so.  She's still living in the "but we're the Lakers!" world that both Jim and Mitch had gotten away from before this season.   

But she arrogantly thinks that "We're the Lakers!" still matters after the last 5-6 seasons.   

So yes, we were going away from that approach.  But the guys that were spearheading us to get away from that direction, were the guys Jeanie fired. She still very much thinks that way.

Edited by Majesty, March 10, 2017 - 07:00 PM.

• lildvl10 likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#59 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,092 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 10, 2017 - 08:35 PM

This franchise just needs a clean slate...

The Buss family can hold their position, stocks, and percentage of the organization but in terms of anything basketball related, it's time to give the reigns to Magic, Pelinka, and Co.  It's a longshot but I honestly don't want her or any Buss family member in any pitch or in any meeting room when a given trade or deal is being made.

#60 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,171 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 12, 2017 - 05:27 AM

anyone has the whole video of the press conference? thatd b ne nice

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users