Posted March 07, 2017 - 11:10 PM

Players like Kobe are once in a lifetime. His heroics are legendary
  • manaro90 likes this

#42 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 7,176 posts

Posted March 08, 2017 - 02:01 AM

“We still haven’t truly figured out how to make teams uncomfortable,” Walton said. “I think teams feel like when they play us right now, that we’re kind of a soft team, that they can come in and get their offensive numbers against us.”

“It’s got to be up to us to change that and the only way to do that, is to do it out there on the court. I think we’re taking steps in that direction. I think our guys want to get there and I think they are learning how to get there, we’re just not there yet.”

#softlikecharmin

fXlFKv8.gif

#43 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,382 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 08, 2017 - 08:13 AM

Man, the Kobe's, KG's, and AiI's in the game are gone. Them tough SOB's that laid it all on the court barring all kinds of injuries they may have had. guys get sprain fingers in their off hand and are out for like 4-6 weeks. I remember when Mourning played with a cast on his arm and was still dunking the ball. Got to protect that brand though

#44 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,201 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted March 08, 2017 - 08:57 AM

Man, the Kobe's, KG's, and AiI's in the game are gone. Them tough SOB's that laid it all on the court barring all kinds of injuries they may have had. guys get sprain fingers in their off hand and are out for like 4-6 weeks. I remember when Mourning played with a cast on his arm and was still dunking the ball. Got to protect that brand though

The last guy like that is Rondo. I remember in that Boston Heat series Rondo clearly dislocated his elbow. You could see the [expletive] pop out of place when he dove for the loose ball with Wade. The insane part is he played the rest of quarter with one hand. He literally had his arm cuffed and played with one hand. Doc had to make him come out the game. Players nowadays don't have that heart.

Edited by JayTheGreat, March 08, 2017 - 08:58 AM.

#45 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Legend

• 11,325 posts

Posted March 08, 2017 - 08:58 AM

Worthless millennials.
  • mrclutch likes this

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#46 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 685 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted March 09, 2017 - 11:04 AM

What players are sitting out with little injuries currently?

#47 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 2,881 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted March 14, 2017 - 08:42 AM

What players are sitting out with little injuries currently?

Rest Maybe??

#48 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 685 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted March 14, 2017 - 02:10 PM

Rest Maybe??

No it was being implied that "today's players" sit for any old injuries so I was just curious to whom these players are

#49 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 7,176 posts

Posted April 10, 2017 - 02:14 AM

The last 4 games could be an appropriate benchmark for all our players. I believe morale and motivation are huge part of this team game, and if they close out this season the way they have been playing lately, this season would be a success.

That being said, everyone has a long summer ahead of them. If they work hard, and reflect on their performance things will definitely get better for next season.

fXlFKv8.gif

#50 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 1,723 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:1974

Posted April 10, 2017 - 03:40 AM

Were you born again?

#51 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 2,881 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted April 13, 2017 - 07:53 PM

It's amazing how we're bringing up Byron and Kobe when we suck right now. How about until the FO gets lucky or pulls off something spectacular it's going to be rough. Someone was crazy enough to state that we would be better off not having PG and Butler because our bench would suffer  ?????  What is that??  You don't think we'd be more inclined to attract better players with players like that on the team?? WOW  At the beginning of the year I said this was the year of NO EXCUSES. Kobe and his contract gone, MDA gone, Byron gone. Money to spend. And here we are 82 games later making some of the same excuses and using every little glimpse of improvement to hold on to the dream that we have the next Thompson Green and Curry. Just pray that Magic and the boys can pull a rabbit out of the hat in the next 8 to 10 months. If not I can hear it next year this time already. 75 is spoiled and has no patience. Magic sucks. It's only Lukes 2nd year. He's only 22. He lost his first year to an injury. We signed him at a great price. Moz and Deng are killing us. Analytics state that if we wait until our core is in their 7th year we'll be a top 4 seed. We won 33 games, what's the problem. Does anyone realize that if we didn't win 5 of the last 6 meaningless games, our record would have damn near mirrored 2015/16?. Just stop!! I don't know what personnel changes can be made but they need to be made. I hope we can pull off another Gasol for Gasol deal because thats damn near what its going to take to fix this 

Edited by lakersince75, April 13, 2017 - 07:57 PM.

#52 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 1,723 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:1974

Posted April 14, 2017 - 09:21 AM

We're definitely going to need the stars to align and lots of luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users