Season | Off Rtg | Def Rtg
2010/11 |   6th     |   6th
2011/12 |  10th    |  13th
2012/13 |   9th     |  20th
2013/14 |  21th    |  28th
2014/15 |  24th    |  29th
2015/16 |  29th    |  30th
2016/17 |  26th    |  29th

Not sure if I can stomach another season with horrendous defense.

Um not sure what you want to be done about that. We are a bad team, bad teams usually play bad defense.

#22 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 7,174 posts

Posted March 07, 2017 - 08:36 PM

The question to ask there, why we haven't done anything for 4 years despite the fact that we identified the cause?

fXlFKv8.gif

#23 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,041 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted March 07, 2017 - 08:43 PM

The question to ask there, why we haven't done anything for 4 years despite the fact that we identified the cause?

what cause? What are you talking about?

Kobe and Byron were the main reasons this team was trash. We haven't had a full season without them. Luke should have been leaning on our youth the entire season instead of waiting until Lou was traded. The rookie head coach wasn't a great idea but at least his rotations have improved.

If he would have limited Lou's minutes than our record would be even worse and we would have looked this bad all season. This stuff takes time. We aren't gonna just wake up one day and the Lakers are magically contenders.

#24 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 7,174 posts

Posted March 07, 2017 - 08:48 PM

kidpolean, Kobe ruptured his Achilles 4 years ago. Time flies, doesn't it?

Or weren't you watching any Laker basketball with Jordan Hill, Jeremy Lin, Carlos Boozer, Roy Hibbert with all of them earning double figures?

We did identify the cause right after getting swept by Mavs (ironic), and brought in Mike Brown (wrong, or right). Look closely at the table I've put. You will see a very disturbing trend.

fXlFKv8.gif

#25 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,041 posts

Posted March 07, 2017 - 09:00 PM

Or weren't you watching any Laker basketball with Jordan Hill, Jeremy Lin, Carlos Boozer, Roy Hibbert with all of them earning double figures?

We did identify the cause right after getting swept by Mavs (ironic), and brought in Mike Brown (wrong, or right). Look closely at the table I've put. You will see a very disturbing trend.

What cause? You keep saying we identified the cause...what cause?

We sucked because of Kobe's decline and his ridiculous contract. Hiring Byron made things even worse. This is the first season without our two main issues. Your chart simply validates what I'm saying!

Edited by kidpolean, March 07, 2017 - 09:01 PM.

• Jody Smokes likes this

#26 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,445 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 07, 2017 - 09:13 PM

So trade for Paul George then...he'll make us great again

• lonlyamongus likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#27 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 7,174 posts

Posted March 07, 2017 - 09:20 PM

No, we sucked because every single year we ignored the things we could do to solve the problem. Instead, we went for quick fixes (which ironically all failed).

- We needed a PG - so why not go for Ramon Sessions! Welp, 2 picks were dealt away - which we sorely missed later and decided to tank all of a sudden because we had no picks and no youth.

- We needed help - so why not go for Jordan Hill! Welp, 2 more first round picks were dealt away with Fisher attached.

The missed opportunuties? Not dealing Pau after he was disgruntled due to failed CP3 trade. Not only that dude was legit unhappy right until the end. We got desperate and offered him a bigger deal, and he flat out refused to play for a contender - ironic.

Our "tanking" situation isn't answer. And our bad defense isn't the real cause. It is the failure to address all these things for 5 years (!) that we are suffering until now. It has nothing to do with Kobe and his contract. We had $25m in salary cap at the time after we offered Kobe that contract.

And even now, we are still not addressing the problem. Lonzo Ball? Markelle Fultz? Weren't D'Angelo Russell and Brandon Ingram supposed to be those players 2 years ago and a year ago respectively? What happened this season?

29th.

We can ignore the problem again, and we are gonna be like this for 10 more years. Maybe we can get Lebron's son.

• lakersince75 likes this

fXlFKv8.gif

#28 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,041 posts

Posted March 07, 2017 - 09:24 PM

No, we sucked because every single year we ignored the things we could do to solve the problem. Instead, we went for quick fixes (which ironically all failed).

- We needed a PG - so why not go for Ramon Sessions! Welp, 2 picks were dealt away - which we sorely missed later and decided to tank all of a sudden because we had no picks and no youth.
- We needed help - so why not go for Jordan Hill! Welp, 2 more first round picks were dealt away with Fisher attached.

The missed opportunuties? Not dealing Pau after he was disgruntled due to failed CP3 trade. Not only that dude was legit unhappy right until the end. We got desperate and offered him a bigger deal, and he flat out refused to play for a contender - ironic.

Our "tanking" situation isn't answer. And our bad defense isn't the real cause. It is the failure to address all these things for 5 years (!) that we are suffering until now. It has nothing to do with Kobe and his contract. We had $25m in salary cap at the time after we offered Kobe that contract.

And even now, we are still not addressing the problem. Lonzo Ball? Markelle Fultz? Weren't D'Angelo Russell and Brandon Ingram supposed to be those players 2 years ago and a year ago respectively? What happened this season?

29th.

We can ignore the problem again, and we are gonna be like this for 10 more years. Maybe we can get Lebron's son.

Ignore what problem? Do you even understand what you are trying to say?

In one sentence explain what our current problem is and how we should correct it
  • Jody Smokes likes this

#29 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 7,174 posts

Posted March 07, 2017 - 09:26 PM

Season | Off Rtg | Def Rtg

2010/11 |   6th     |   6th

2011/12 |  10th    |  13th

2012/13 |   9th     |  20th

2013/14 |  21th    |  28th

2014/15 |  24th    |  29th

2015/16 |  29th    |  30th

2016/17 |  26th    |  29th

Not sure if I can stomach another season with horrendous defense.

It should be more obvious this way, I think.

The solution is rather simple, if the FO want to address it instead of going for quick fixes.

Edited by Tensai, March 07, 2017 - 09:27 PM.

fXlFKv8.gif

#30 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,041 posts

Posted March 07, 2017 - 09:36 PM

It should be more obvious this way, I think.

The solution is rather simple, if the FO want to address it instead of going for quick fixes.

We need to get better defensively? So how do you do that?

#31 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 7,174 posts

Posted March 07, 2017 - 09:43 PM

I don't know. Hence, the questions in the very first post.

The way I see it, the roster has major flaws and there are no quick fixes. There has to be a major overhaul if we want to improve.

fXlFKv8.gif

#32 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,373 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 07, 2017 - 10:01 PM

And that's why half of these guys will not be here next season.

#33 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,041 posts

Posted March 07, 2017 - 10:06 PM

And that's why half of these guys will not be here next season.

Like who?

Our core is Ingram/Russell/Randle. I'd assume that all of them will be back next season. The rest of the team is trash and doesn't matter either way. We aren't building around Black...so who the hell cares what happens to him?

#34 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,373 posts

Posted March 07, 2017 - 10:10 PM

Like who?

Our core is Ingram/Russell/Randle. I'd assume that all of them will be back next season. The rest of the team is trash and doesn't matter either way. We aren't building around Black...so who the hell cares what happens to him?

That's why I said that sir. Magic don't look like he is for the bull. It's a get with the program or younger out this off-season. I am. It saying that I care, I was just ooiting out the obvious. Half of these dudes won't be back. The Lakers could be looking at Ingram, Russell, Zubac and maybe one more and the rest could be trade bait along with a pick just to get the ship right

#35 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,373 posts

Posted March 07, 2017 - 10:11 PM

And possibly Randle. In my opinion, nobody is safe, except the top protected pick.

#36 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,041 posts

Posted March 07, 2017 - 10:13 PM

That's why I said that sir. Magic don't look like he is for the bull. It's a get with the program or younger out this off-season. I am. It saying that I care, I was just ooiting out the obvious. Half of these dudes won't be back. The Lakers could be looking at Ingram, Russell, Zubac and maybe one more and the rest could be trade bait along with a pick just to get the ship right

I doubt that Mitch's plan was any different! This was the obvious step to make after the first 20 games of the season.

I'm not sure if the FO likes Zubac as much as fans do. I'd bet that Randle has a better chance at being a Laker long term than Zubac does.

#37 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,041 posts

Posted March 07, 2017 - 10:14 PM

And possibly Randle. In my opinion, nobody is safe, except the top protected pick.

This is a one man draft in my opinion so I'm not too excited about this pick.

#38 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,373 posts

Posted March 07, 2017 - 10:16 PM

I doubt that Mitch's plan was any different! This was the obvious step to make after the first 20 games of the season.

I'm not sure if the FO likes Zubac as much as fans do. I'd bet that Randle has a better chance at being a Laker long term than Zubac does.

All a matter of perspective for us all. I think that Zubacs is liked. I won't say more than Randle. He is liked more than Moz. Lol if that means anything.

I just wish Back was taller, I love his energy and effort.

#39 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Legend

• 11,324 posts

Posted March 07, 2017 - 11:03 PM

Should have traded his broken down body for some picks like Boston right then and there, but unfortunately, he stalls the rebuild.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#40 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,408 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted March 07, 2017 - 11:09 PM

No we are a class franchise and honor the fallen heroes he did little to stall the rebuild Mitch and Jim blew it with Free Agents to bad choices of coaches and players, there was always enough cap space for adding

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)