103 replies to this topic

#81 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,305 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted March 06, 2017 - 01:47 PM

Ok let's assume they don't want your support specifically. Won't u watch games? Or go to staples if u can ? Gonna root for another team?

I probably won't watch... I hardly watch now as is. I mean sports run off of more than just ticket sells.. duh.. but as a personal thing if an owner shows a uptrend of incompetency or just unable to steer in the right direction.. then I can't say i can support it. That's how highly I view the laker brand just from my sport interests. It's the same for the 49ers.. that's a perfect example on how you can lose your fan base, we aren't there yet, but anything could happen.

Edited by RobBlake, March 07, 2017 - 01:25 PM.

• fido likes this

ap1.png

#82 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 998 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted March 07, 2017 - 04:01 PM

Funny how quiet the haters have become as more and more evidence pours out about how wrong they were regarding Jeanie. 

#83 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 376 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 08, 2017 - 09:15 AM

Maybe not a bimbo, but dumb. Source? I've heard her speak.

Since when did having a degree in business qualify anyone to run a major sports franchise? Dr. Buss, if I recall, was a PhD trained chemist who made his money through real estate. For as good of a businessman as he was, one of his greatest mistakes was leaving the franchise to Jeanie and Jim. I suppose that's what happens when you want to keep family control of the franchise, but Jeanie or Jim's moves are the reason we're the laughingstock of the NBA.

“Jeanie: With the Steve Nash situation, I think we did everything in good faith. We sacrificed to get him by giving up draft picks. We made sure he was one of the top-15-paid players at his position, and we hired a coach that specifically suited his style of play. So from our point of view, we did everything right. You go in with good intentions, and it didn’t work out.”

"Jeanie: Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser, and I'm glad they wouldn't come to the team."

What kind of businessperson speaks like this? Time and time again, Jeanie has made basketball decisions on "good faith" and "good intentions." The nicest people in the world are not necessarily competent.

To add to the comedy, Magic Johnson. Grade A blowhard with a pearly white smile. Source? I've heard him speak, and I've seen his Twitter.

Every move these people are making is to maximize their cut once the team is eventually sold. Hopefully to someone competent.

Edited by MambaMentality, March 08, 2017 - 09:32 AM.

• Majesty likes this

#84 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,106 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted March 08, 2017 - 09:55 AM

http://www.espn.com/...-tough-decision

Damn good article written by Mo.
  • JEN, kball and LACAS like this

#85 Jackson

Jackson

Hall Of Fame

• 9,477 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 08, 2017 - 10:12 AM

Funny how quiet the haters have become as more and more evidence pours out about how wrong they were regarding Jeanie.

Nothing new has come out. It's all the same information, just reworded.

We Lakers fans dgaf who runs this team as long as he or she can bring us back to winning ways. Magic Johnson and Jeanie cant and won't do anything different than Jim and Mitch. It's all going to be through the draft.

Edited by Jackson, March 08, 2017 - 10:26 AM.

#86 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,580 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted March 08, 2017 - 04:29 PM

lmao she seriously wanted Kobe as a candidate to run basketball ops and the article all but confirms she wanted Phil in that position until they broke up

This team is still in a nepotism spiral where they only consider Lakers or ex Lakers for open spots, and that isn't good.

• MambaMentality likes this

#87 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,106 posts

Posted March 08, 2017 - 05:07 PM

Jim and Joey are trying to [expletive] Jeanie over. If they are allowed to sell their shares then the Busses become minority owners.

#88 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 7,022 posts

Posted March 08, 2017 - 05:17 PM

People are missing the crucial thing here though. All of you should have asked in the first place. In which storied franchise does the controlling owner have no power in making franchise altering decisions? Basketball decisions are franchise altering decisions, and success or fail it is gonna affect your revenue, your reputation so on and so forth. So at the very beginning, for Jeanie to hand over the basketball decisions to Jim and Mitch, and having a passive role was the problem. I mean, think about it. As much as Jeanie and Jim were at odds, as a controlling owner you have to, at least, be in the loop. Otherwise, it does not make any sense. In that Ramona Shelburne article, she talks about the past interview that came about featuring Jim and Jeanie. Isn't it Jeanie's fault that she put all the responsibility on Jim's shoulders, then conveniently [expletive]ed about not being in the loop later? As things turned out, she was bitter about it all along. And that was the final straw behind her decision to finally act.

It is comical.

• Majesty likes this

fXlFKv8.gif

#89 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,311 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 08, 2017 - 05:25 PM

Just wanted to chime in regarding these rumors that Jim and Johnny are trying to sell their shares of the Buss Trust (which represents a controlling interest in the Lakers Franchise). It's my understanding that they cannot sell their individual shares in the Trust unless 4 out of 6 of the Buss kids agree to it. And even then, the entire stake of the Trust would have to be sold....not the individual shares. 

Edited by kray28, March 08, 2017 - 05:32 PM.

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#90 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,153 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 08, 2017 - 05:56 PM

Ramona kind of said the same thing. They can't same, they can't even pass it down to their kids. Once they die, that share goes to somebody else. I forgot exactly how it goes

#91 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,126 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted March 08, 2017 - 06:01 PM

Ramona kind of said the same thing. They can't same, they can't even pass it down to their kids. Once they die, that share goes to somebody else. I forgot exactly how it goes

I read it as the shares get split among remaining (living) siblings when any of the buss kids pass on.

Janie said in Ramonas article team would probably go to joey and jesse being the youngest (though thats certainly not a given as people die in weird ways and not only based on age)

Edited by kball, March 08, 2017 - 06:01 PM.

• FranklinPeanuts likes this

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#92 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,651 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 08, 2017 - 06:09 PM

Enjoyed the article

Pau Gasol is GONE

#93 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 596 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted March 09, 2017 - 11:16 AM

lol at people behind screens dictating what the owners of a 2.7B worth franchise should do.

Its none of y'all business.

Yeah. That's like the point of this board.
  • MambaMentality likes this

#94 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 998 posts

Posted March 09, 2017 - 04:14 PM

What a hit piece by Ramona.. Just like that pesky Ding!

#95 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Legend

• 11,260 posts

Posted March 09, 2017 - 06:46 PM

What a hit piece by Ramona.. Just like that pesky Ding!

Definitely riding Jim's anaconda.
  • martin90 and lonlyamongus like this

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#96 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,106 posts

Posted March 27, 2017 - 08:29 AM

Are these report accurate? Did Jeanie just oust Jim as a trustee?

#97 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,106 posts

Posted March 27, 2017 - 08:30 AM

Jeanie Buss Removes Brother Jim as a Lakers Trustee (via https://br.app.link/get-the-app ) http://www.latimes.c...0326-story.html

Wooooooooow

#98 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 998 posts

Posted March 27, 2017 - 08:46 AM

:glasses:

#99 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--