#81 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,612 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 22, 2017 - 02:29 PM

I honestly hope you are trolling...

You guys were the ones who said the same thing when people were saying you should trade the 7th pick for Klay a few years back.

"Oh he'll never be that good"

Then he drops 37 in a quarter the next season.

You build through the draft. That's how it's done. Almost every championship winning team had a star they got on draft day. 

The Spurs tanked hard as [expletive] for Duncan. Heat had Wade. Mavs with Nowitzki. Lakers with Kobe. 

You get the idea? 

#82 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,431 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 22, 2017 - 02:29 PM

Dude look at Ball's shooting form.  Curry will go down as the greatest shooter in league history when it's all said and done.   

• DeeZee likes this

#83 DeeZee

DeeZee

Starter

• 4,642 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe. Shaq.

Posted February 22, 2017 - 02:30 PM

LaVar Ball is that you?
  • Massacre, bigfetz, Olabebeh and 1 other like this

#84 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,431 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 22, 2017 - 02:30 PM

LaVar Ball is that you?

hahahaha man I'm dying

• DeeZee likes this

#85 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,612 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 02:35 PM

You guys will laugh now, but wait and see

Watch the video I linked:

Or just watch this from recently. Remind you of someone?

He's 6'6, plays the game in a way that's perfect for the modern NBA, and doesn't have the size disadvantages of other PGs. 

Edited by bfc1125roy, February 22, 2017 - 02:39 PM.

#86 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 26,345 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 22, 2017 - 02:40 PM

You guys will laugh now, but wait and see

Watch the video I linked:

He's 6'6, plays the game in a way that's perfect for the modern NBA, and doesn't have the size disadvantages of other PGs. 

I mean everyone here would hope this is true if we get him but the problem is other players in the league don't see it that way. Until you prove it in the league for a good amount of time you are still seen as nothing but a rookie. 

Lou had a whole tweet rant about it a while ago. 

• DeeZee likes this

#87 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,612 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 02:43 PM

I mean everyone here would hope this is true if we get him but the problem is other players in the league don't see it that way. Until you prove it in the league for a good amount of time you are still seen as nothing but a rookie. 

Lou had a whole tweet rant about it a while ago. 

LeBron joined this group of guys:

http://www.basketbal...s/CLE/2014.html

You think it was for Anderson Varajeo? Luol Deng? Andrew Bynum???

Nope, a little someone called Kyrie Irving. And the #1 pick in the draft. Assets. 

#88 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,795 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 02:44 PM

Drafting generational talent like Kobe, LeBron, or Duncan are extremely, extremely rare. Besides, rookies need time to develop. 

The truth that many don't want to accept is that we will not be signing any star free agent any time soon. Even in 2018, unless Russell and Ingram take huge strides forward (which is highly unlikely and difficult with a team without much talent)...no Westbrook, George, or Cousins is going to come here because they "want to be a Laker." 

Our first star player is either going to come through trade or through time as Russell/Ingram develop.

• Rekal likes this

#89 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,464 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted February 22, 2017 - 02:45 PM

LeBron joined this group of guys:

http://www.basketbal...s/CLE/2014.html

You think it was for Anderson Varajeo? Luol Deng? Andrew Bynum???

Nope, a little someone called Kyrie Irving. And the #1 pick in the draft. Assets.

If LeBron wasn't from Ohio, he wouldn't even have considered going there
  • DeeZee and lakerfan98 like this

#90 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,612 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 02:45 PM

Drafting generational talent like Kobe, LeBron, or Duncan are extremely, extremely rare. Besides, rookies need time to develop. 

The truth that many don't want to accept is that we will not be signing any star free agent any time soon. Even in 2018, unless Russell and Ingram take huge strides forward (which is highly unlikely and difficult with a team without much talent)...no Westbrook, George, or Cousins is going to come here because they "want to be a Laker." 

Our first star player is either going to come through trade or through time as Russell/Ingram develop.

Name me one team that won a championship recently who didn't have a star they drafted. 

#91 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,612 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 02:46 PM

If LeBron wasn't from Ohio, he wouldn't even have considered going there

Not true. It was his best FA option. That "I'm coming home" was BS to disguise it. 

#92 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,405 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted February 22, 2017 - 02:47 PM

Which can only be done if the proper pieces are placed around them...  Not additional draft picks that will add 19-20 year olds to the roster.

This.

It's crazy how nobody understands this

Mind boggling.

#93 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,008 posts

I wouldn't do it if it included Ingram, D-Lo or Zubac.

Otherwise we mine as well wait and add him to our young talent.

#94 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,294 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

My issue with trading for a star that is fed up losing on his current team is that any trade we do to get them doesn't get said player ANY closer to contending.  If PG's issue is that he's fed up with being a barely above 500 team that's a mid seed then how do the Lakers prevent him from that in the West? 

Ideally you'd want to pair him with DLo and one of Randle/Nance.  After that the team is forced to start handing out deals to players in free agency, quickly getting capped out. 

I'm all for slow walking this thing and making prudent moves while allowing the young group to become competitive enough so one of these guys wants to sign long term. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#95 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,464 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 02:49 PM

Not true. It was his best FA option. That "I'm coming home" was BS to disguise it.

lmao

#96 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,612 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 02:52 PM

lmao

What was a better option for him? 

#97 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,795 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 02:54 PM

Name me one team that won a championship recently who didn't have a star they drafted. 

I'm not arguing against the draft. Again, most rookies take time to develop. Not everyone is LeBron out of the gate. The goal would be to trust Russell or Ingram's (ideally both) development but surround either or both with competitive pieces. 

No free agent, any time soon, will sign with a bunch of rookies. Sure, if Russell was averaging 25/5/5 and Ingram 20/4/3 while the Lakers were a competitive Playoff team, you'd have a point. But that's not the case...at least not now. 

I'm not saying gut the roster for Paul George. But it's foolish to think any free agent is coming to play with a bunch of rookies (unless they are performing at an extremely high level).

Edited by Clutch Factor, February 22, 2017 - 02:54 PM.

• KidRN likes this

#98 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,464 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 02:54 PM

What was a better option for him?

I'm not arguing complete nonsense bro
  • DeeZee likes this

#99 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,612 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 02:56 PM

I'm not arguing complete nonsense bro

Name one team. Otherwise you're the one not providing anything to back up your nonsensical claims. 

#100 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,612 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 02:57 PM

I'm not arguing against the draft. Again, most rookies take time to develop. Not everyone is LeBron out of the gate. The goal would be to trust Russell or Ingram's (ideally both) development but surround either or both with competitive pieces. 

No free agent, any time soon, will sign with a bunch of rookies. Sure, if Russell was averaging 25/5/5 and Ingram 20/4/3 while the Lakers were a competitive Playoff team, you'd have a point. But that's not the case...at least not now. 

I'm not saying gut the roster for Paul George. But it's foolish to think any free agent is coming to play with a bunch of rookies (unless they are performing at an extremely high level).

If the rookies prove to develop over this year and maybe the next, we have a solid coach in Walton, and a management who knows how to function in this new NBA, we will attract FAs. Especially if the youngins prove to have flashes of star potential, which I think Ingram and Russell do. As well as Lonzo Ball if we land him.

The know exactly what they are doing in the FO. This is genius. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users