• Please log in to reply
831 replies to this topic

#781 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,660 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 22, 2017 - 08:32 PM

I think that's probably the vague way of saying we weren't sure about what we wanted for George

"All-stars"? Lol

Who Kevin love?

No one is giving their pieces for George only to weaken their team and have him walk

I really don't know who he's trying to fool. Butler went for nothing and his value was 10x PGs value right now. 

#782 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,660 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 22, 2017 - 08:35 PM

"I know it's not ideal. But we didn't put ourselves in this situation - he did." - Pritchard on Paul George

Wow, yea its PGs fault you guys didn't trade him earlier when you had great offers, also PGs fault you failed to get him any talent and killed the short lived team they had that was good.

• UKUGA, Tensai, bfc1125roy and 2 others like this

#783 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,282 posts

Posted June 22, 2017 - 08:38 PM

I really don't know who he's trying to fool. Butler went for nothing and his value was 10x PGs value right now.

That's the thing, but to his defense if you were in that situation what would you do. Sure there's the sell just to get something out of it, but there's also the you don't want to just accept trash because you've been strong armed

Indiana was screwed the moment George lost all monetary incentive to stay there
Posted Image

#784 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,543 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 22, 2017 - 09:48 PM

Trade for Paul George now? Sure, if we can get him for Randle+ Clarkon and future (non-2017) picks.

If not, [expletive] it. We'll wait and see how it goes.

#785 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,152 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted June 22, 2017 - 11:55 PM

It's a lot better to trade and get George now. Especially that they went out and rushed DLo out.

I'm worried about a Kobe Bryant 2007 situation. Kobe demands a trade, does numerous interviews requesting a trade, but Jerry Buss was smart, stayed patient and rode it out. Then they landed Pau Gasol, and everything changed as the Lakers went to the finals. I'm not saying the two situations are the same, but if George somehow gets into a favorable and suitable situation, he may have a change of heart. Like I said before, 12 months is a long time. The fact they rushed and traded DLo means they lost quite a bit of leverage and they should do their to land George now.

Edited by Jackson, June 22, 2017 - 11:56 PM.

#786 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,121 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted June 23, 2017 - 01:05 AM

Dwight publicly stated his desire to play with Kobe Bryant.   

We saw how that went after it happened while he was on a one year rental. 

A one year rental is a long enough time to decide whether or not he really wants to be here, and if we're essentially the same situation he has in Indiana, he will leave.  Cause there will be no reason to stay, especially as he has made it very clear his intentions to win

Dwight never wanted to be here. PERIOD

• UKUGA likes this

#787 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,542 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 23, 2017 - 01:08 AM

Pacers are [expletive]ed. Every day they wait they more his trade value goes down. Reminds me of the D12 situation. 

• kray28 and Tensai like this

#788 Julien

Julien

Off The Bench

• 1,978 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 23, 2017 - 06:57 PM

If they really had those great offers with future all star caliber players, they would have pulled the trigger already.

#789 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,516 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted June 24, 2017 - 06:01 AM

At this point, just wait it out. I'm interested to see how this team runs with Lonzo and no superstar help. If they show some promise, then in Summer 2018, the free agents will come. 

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#790 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,516 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted June 24, 2017 - 06:04 AM

Pacers are [expletive]ed. Every day they wait they more his trade value goes down. Reminds me of the D12 situation. 

To which I'd add that if we do a trade, we're just be doing Indy a favor. Don't know about you, but eff them. I'm not in a mood to do them any favors. They had their chance to get a nice package from us and blew it. Kind of glad they did because I actually value those assets we managed to hold onto. Let PG13 walk for nothing or force them into a rental PuPu platter.

Edited by kray28, June 24, 2017 - 06:05 AM.

• bfc1125roy likes this

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#791 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,579 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted June 24, 2017 - 06:49 AM

"I know it's not ideal. But we didn't put ourselves in this situation - he did." - Pritchard on Paul George

Wow, yea its PGs fault you guys didn't trade him earlier when you had great offers, also PGs fault you failed to get him any talent and killed the short lived team they had that was good.

He's already trying to spin this to save face, Do the deal and move on.

#792 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,195 posts

Posted June 24, 2017 - 07:05 AM

Reminds me the 2012 trade deadline bonanza, and subsequent "Indecision" and eventually descending down from Magic reportedly not even accepting Pau + Bynum to Lakers striking the deal for only Bynum.

The only difference is that Paul George flat out said he only wants to sign with Lakers. I said this in several other threads, but Pacers really have no other option at this point. Bird himself [expletive]ed up by openly shopping PG in trade deadline without even consulting him. The resigning and all that [expletive] was to save face. Eventually they will come around and we will get the deal with before the season opener.

Either way it is good knowing that PG has the right mind and we have just the right cap situation.

Sent from my LG-F600S using Tapatalk
  • bfc1125roy likes this

fXlFKv8.gif

#793 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,441 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted June 24, 2017 - 07:09 AM

Ya, I thought that was disingenuous.   Did Pritchard miss all the PG discussion at the trade deadline in February?  

Don't feed the trolls. 

#794 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,441 posts

Posted June 24, 2017 - 07:12 AM

At this point, just wait it out. I'm interested to see how this team runs with Lonzo and no superstar help. If they show some promise, then in Summer 2018, the free agents will come. 

Yes, talk about - can a guy make his teammates better?   What teammates?  

Ingram, Randle, Lopez, and a bunch of people we know nothing about.  

We have nothing, other than Ingram, that anyone else covets.  Accordingly, if Ball can get this team humming, he really is something special.

(By contrast, Magic had Kareem and Jamaal Wilkes).  

• kray28 likes this

Don't feed the trolls. 

#795 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,441 posts

Posted June 24, 2017 - 07:14 AM

Dwight never wanted to be here. PERIOD

It's dramatically different, yes.  Those who keep running with this argument are playing on ignorance.

With Dwight, a lot went wrong:

* He was injured

* Nash got injured

* We hired D'Antoni instead of Phil

* Kobe ruptured his Achilles

* Kobe insisted to Dwight that he was going play 3 more years (and by extension, represent a huge drain on the Lakers ability to surround Dwight with talent)

* We did a lot of losing

* We got swept out of the play-offs

Edited by UKUGA, June 24, 2017 - 07:15 AM.

• Majesty likes this

Don't feed the trolls. 

#796 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,441 posts

Posted June 24, 2017 - 07:18 AM

Prichard on the Paul George Offers: "there's offers for potential all-stars" 

@GreggDoyelStar 
Pritchard on PG offers: "Thereā€™s a lot of options where we take back players, potential all-stars and all-stars, that keep us competitive."

Just his way of saying what we were offering wasn't enough, also a diss to the players we were offering.

Given that our players haven't done much, of course he's dissing the players we are offering. 

Should come as no surprise.  

Edited by UKUGA, June 24, 2017 - 11:20 AM.

Don't feed the trolls. 

#797 The Alarm

The Alarm

Rookie

• 57 posts
  • Name:Orlando Subisareta
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq

Posted June 25, 2017 - 03:57 PM

As we already have one L.A. born All-Star on board, we have to make everything possible to add another L.A. native All-Star ( Paul George ).

Larry Bird is still in Indiana and he has some mutual respect for Magic Johnson. That can make the deal even easier. We need to get this guy N O W... We have enough assets to offer, including the last four draft pics and of course, Luol Deng. Go for it Rob. Bring P.G. to his hometown.

Clarkson, L.Deng, J.Randle and T.Black = Paul George.

#798 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,765 posts

Posted June 25, 2017 - 05:23 PM

Larry Bird is still in Indiana and he has some mutual respect for Magic Johnson. That can make the deal even easier. 

Lol Larry Bird, if anything, is going to make it 100x harder for Magic to acquire PG.

• MaceWindu likes this

#799 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,579 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted June 25, 2017 - 05:31 PM

Lol Larry Bird, if anything, is going to make it 100x harder for Magic to acquire PG.

Never trust a Celtic!...my wise old great great great grandfather once told me.
  • Clutch Factor likes this

#800 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,202 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted June 30, 2017 - 11:32 PM

so i guess we can close this thread forever now  :D

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users