831 replies to this topic

#661 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,995 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 22, 2017 - 07:18 PM

Being the 3rd best doesnt put closer to beating GS.  Cp3 has to be legit convinced that team is going to be great enough to compete.  Cp3 has almost ALWAYS been super ball dominant.  How does  in work in the Spurs system in 32 years old?  CP3 is a lot like Bron but except Lebron can a do a whole lot more other [expletive] offensively and off the ball.  You bring CP3 in he literally changes how everyone HAS to play.  Whether or not that's a good thing or not is to be determined.  However I do know that the Spurs have to gut their team to get him.  He's a businessman and was at the forefront of fighting for bigger max deals for top guys.  I seriously doubt he's taking a paycut to play for Pop at this stage when he's guaranteed 200M (more than he's ever made for his entire career combined) to likely go out and lose.  

I completely disagree.. Spurs are the 3rd best team in the game by a respectable margin. I think Chris will consider the Spurs.. He's ultra competitive to forgo a chance at a championship for money. NOT saying its an easy decision but if he really wants a legit shot at a title, he's better suited with the spurs if remains in the west.

They should get rid of LMA, and since he's in a contract year( Im assuming he's gonna decline his po option next season), its not hard  to move him.

It'd take a miracle but a cp3/Kawhi/Milsap is a solid lineup. WAY better than any version of Blake/DJ.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#662 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,556 posts

Posted May 22, 2017 - 07:42 PM

Being the 3rd best doesnt put closer to beating GS.  Cp3 has to be legit convinced that team is going to be great enough to compete.  Cp3 has almost ALWAYS been super ball dominant.  How does  in work in the Spurs system in 32 years old?  CP3 is a lot like Bron but except Lebron can a do a whole lot more other [expletive] offensively and off the ball.  You bring CP3 in he literally changes how everyone HAS to play.  Whether or not that's a good thing or not is to be determined.  However I do know that the Spurs have to gut their team to get him.  He's a businessman and was at the forefront of fighting for bigger max deals for top guys.  I seriously doubt he's taking a paycut to play for Pop at this stage when he's guaranteed 200M (more than he's ever made for his entire career combined) to likely go out and lose.  

Paul playing under Pop and with Kawhi is probably what he needs as he's getting older. Chris never had a dominant wing, and with everything he has done in the league, it always ends in the 2nd round. The money is real, but if he wants a better chance, Spurs can offer him that.

I dont think the gap between GSW and Spurs led by Pop, Kawhi and Paul is wide..

Realistically, he may not sign with the Spurs but damn if that team is anywhere less than the second best team in the NBA.

#663 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,452 posts

Posted May 22, 2017 - 10:07 PM

I don't buy this Paul to San Antonio stuff. Every time a PG hits the market, they're linked to the Spurs despite a complete lack of mutual interest.

Look, if the playoffs showed us anything, it's that the Spurs are comfortable with Dejounte Murray taking over for Parker in the near future. They're not about to gut the team for Chris Paul and STILL be in a tier below the Warriors. If Pop sitting Kawhi is any indication of his beliefs, he's a long-term thinker. They'll try to bring back Mills, if he gets s bigger deal, then he'll walk and they'll find someone else to split time with Murray until Parker comes back. Murray has serious game, and will be the biggest reason the Spurs don't sign a PG this summer. They believe in him.

We don't know what Chris Paul is thinking, nobody does, but the fact that he lobbied for these super max deals, loves LA, was rumored to have already agreed to re-sign on a super max deal, and is settled in with his family means any link to the Spurs or another team is BS.

Edited by Massacre, May 22, 2017 - 10:08 PM.

• Jody Smokes likes this

#664 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,556 posts

Posted May 23, 2017 - 05:09 AM

Well I didn't say he's gonna sign with them, though he should.

#665 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,995 posts

Posted May 23, 2017 - 01:04 PM

Not everything is about having the "best chance" to win, even with competitors.  The money difference is real and you have to convince CP3 that leaving LA is truly worth it. Sure from a roster and coach standpoint the Spurs are a cool idea but there is more at play than that. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#666 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,556 posts

Posted May 23, 2017 - 01:24 PM

Not everything is about having the "best chance" to win, even with competitors. The money difference is real and you have to convince CP3 that leaving LA is truly worth it. Sure from a roster and coach standpoint the Spurs are a cool idea but there is more at play than that.

I'm aware. Just saying spurs are the ideal spot for him basketball wise. Whether he forgoes the extra dollar, I don't know. If I made more than 150m in my career and I'm going to sign for 4 year 130m deal and get a better chance to win( considerably better), I'd do that.

The difference between what'd he make playing for the spurs and clippers, is way less than 70m effectively. Once you consider the taxes and what he'd sign after the 4 year deal is up, the difference is not the deciding factor.

I think he'll consider the spurs.

#667 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,995 posts

Posted May 23, 2017 - 01:41 PM

I would agree with you if they had the pieces.  I just don't think CP3 and Kawhi with scraps is a better bball situation.  CP3's max starts at 34M range.  Requires Pau to opt out and to trade Green just to get him in the door.  That means no Dedmon due to lack of bird rights to resign as well.  Simmons is also an RFA they'd have to possibly get into a bidding war on.  There's a lot of things that would have to happen that may just be worse than rolling out the same team as last year in LA. 

I'm aware. Just saying spurs are the ideal spot for him basketball wise. Whether he forgoes the extra dollar, I don't know. If I made more than 150m in my career and I'm going to sign for 4 year 130m deal and get a better chance to win( considerably better), I'd do that.

The difference between what'd he make playing for the spurs and clippers, is way less than 70m effectively. Once you consider the taxes and what he'd sign after the 4 year deal is up, the difference is not the deciding factor.

I think he'll consider the spurs.

Edited by Jody Smokes, May 23, 2017 - 01:41 PM.

#668 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,650 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted May 24, 2017 - 03:45 PM

Free agency is coming for him, since the Clippers don't have a real GM likely to do nothing much again
  • MaceWindu likes this

#669 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,428 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted May 25, 2017 - 02:17 PM

Well if Paul is content with his life ATM then he'll take the super max because he's never going to win in la

ap1.png

#670 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,650 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted May 26, 2017 - 11:21 AM

Closest they get to a chip is standing by the dip at a party!

#671 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 439 posts
  • Name:ry
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:luke walton

Posted May 31, 2017 - 12:24 AM

If we can get a superstar like George but keep Ingram than u do it George being on this team will attract free agents in 2018

Russell never a star
Ingram high upside
LonZo team chemistry killer
Randle expensive soon better pf available
Namce maybe better than randle
Clarkson good 6th man
Zubac dynamic starting center

The only guys worth keeping r Ingram clarkson and zubac

#672 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,048 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted May 31, 2017 - 03:44 AM

If we can get a superstar like George but keep Ingram than u do it George being on this team will attract free agents in 2018

Russell never a star
Ingram high upside
LonZo team chemistry killer
Randle expensive soon better pf available
Namce maybe better than randle
Clarkson good 6th man
Zubac dynamic starting center

The only guys worth keeping r Ingram clarkson and zubac

Lol how would Lonzo be a team chemistry killer
  • GCMD and dlaluan like this

#673 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,101 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted May 31, 2017 - 04:57 AM

Better question. If we get George in 2018, does that mean we play Ingram at the 2? George cannot play the 4 night in and out. 

#674 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,995 posts

Posted May 31, 2017 - 06:10 AM

Ingram is more likely a 4 than a 2 especially after 2 years of strength training in the NBA.  Guys aren't banging down low in the NBA like that in the past.  At the 4 you can utlitize Ingram's length and scoring ability a lot better than at the 2.  KD stopped being a 2 in his first year. 

Better question. If we get George in 2018, does that mean we play Ingram at the 2? George cannot play the 4 night in and out. 

• GCMD likes this

#675 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,101 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted June 18, 2017 - 03:51 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, aren't we thinking about using him at the one a bit this year?

#676 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,476 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted June 18, 2017 - 04:07 PM

So he's formally informed the Pacers he's done after next season?

#677 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,141 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted June 18, 2017 - 10:13 PM

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

when the message came last night, i just went nuts!

We are getting PG13 and now everything might change and focuses on lonzo ball!

So that means we have a straight pg who is open to the court with nice passes and visions to pg13,russell and ingram. I expect randle to be traded too this year or next summer to make the space open.

• dlaluan likes this

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#678 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,428 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted June 18, 2017 - 10:39 PM

There are good odds Russ gets traded if he doesn't step up his play this year.. which Paul even slightly slower than your usual elite 2 guards.. he can play 2-4 positions in Luke's system.
  • lakersince75 and manaro90 like this

ap1.png

#679 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,141 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted June 18, 2017 - 10:52 PM

There are good odds Russ gets traded if he doesn't step up his play this year.. which Paul even slightly slower than your usual elite 2 guards.. he can play 2-4 positions in Luke's system.

u think it will affect the pg signing if russell or randle will get traded? i mean okay, considered who we get for them of course..

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#680 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,829 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted June 19, 2017 - 07:11 AM

Do not want

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users