831 replies to this topic

#641 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,537 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 19, 2017 - 10:13 AM

While Woj's claim here is interesting, it also hints at tampering and possible collusion between PG and the Lakers front office. The Lakers could get into serious trouble if any evidence of the latter were to come to light. 

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#642 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,714 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted May 19, 2017 - 10:28 AM

Great. Let's all get our hopes up for it to come crashing down if it doesn't happen.

If it doesn't happen then you saved the assets you'd use to bring him here and get another player. I'm very optimistic for the future unlike when Jimbo and Mitch were here

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, May 19, 2017 - 10:28 AM.

• Artest37 likes this

#643 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,699 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted May 19, 2017 - 11:04 AM

Great. Let's all get our hopes up for it to come crashing down if it doesn't happen.

im ready to say it's your fault
  • MaceWindu likes this
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#644 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,299 posts

Posted May 19, 2017 - 11:29 AM

If Ingram gets to 220 eventually, maybe even 230 he can play a modern 4. His game isn't far off

But he'd have to get there

I know there's not a ton of bangers but it'll be a strategy by opposing teams if Ingram is there. They'll attack that
  • Jackson likes this
Posted Image

#645 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,714 posts

Posted May 21, 2017 - 07:31 AM

I say Gordon leaves Utah easy, his words betray his intent, all in the past tense. Blake goes East and CP3 to Spurs. Wish we could see the workouts tells a lot not sold yet on Ball like some of you, remember Okafur y'all thought that was the pick, lol. No team trades for PG. I think Magic has something up his sleeve.

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, May 21, 2017 - 07:31 AM.

#646 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,212 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 21, 2017 - 09:04 AM

I say Gordon leaves Utah easy, his words betray his intent, all in the past tense. Blake goes East and CP3 to Spurs. Wish we could see the workouts tells a lot not sold yet on Ball like some of you, remember Okafur y'all thought that was the pick, lol. No team trades for PG. I think Magic has something up his sleeve.

I could see Gordon leaving UT, I could see Blake leaving LAC and CP3 in SAS is seems fitting.

#647 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,153 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 21, 2017 - 10:45 AM

He adds versatility there period.  I dont think they have to make him the next Draymond but being able to attack 4s on the offense end, use his length on the defensive end could prove some worth.  I know for he's not a SG.  If they bring in Paul George then him and PG should be at the 4 and 3 with Russell and Ball interchanging at the 1/2 areas.  

He doesn't even have to log all his minutes there but it does open up a lot of things for the team IF you have PG13 with him

Why would Ingram move to the four?

Are you thinking that he can fill a Diamond type of role?

• LACAS likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#648 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,153 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 21, 2017 - 10:47 AM

I don't see CP3 leaving LAC mainly b/c of the stuff about him pushing to get the over 36 rule changed to age 38.  The over 36 rule used to limit how much the older guys could make.  Im sure he's gearing up for the super max for 5 years.  Spurs aren't really any closer to a ring than the Clippers are and Spurs would have to get real creative to get CP3 in the door.  That would require Pau to opt out of 16M guaranteed at 37 years old and trade Danny Green.  I don't think he does that at all.  

I could see Gordon leaving UT, I could see Blake leaving LAC and CP3 in SAS is seems fitting.

• LakeShow1o1 likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#649 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,056 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted May 21, 2017 - 12:32 PM

I could see Spurs moving LaMarcus. that might free up some room to revamp their roster

Maybe TP decides to hang it up too after that injury.

He's old and has played a ton of games. HOF for sure

Edited by kball, May 21, 2017 - 12:33 PM.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#650 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,714 posts

Posted May 21, 2017 - 01:05 PM

That's my reasoning Kball, TP says enuff, Manu plays one more year, Paus not chasing cash and he's not being used correctly. CP plays under Pop would make s big difference than no moves Doc

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, May 21, 2017 - 01:06 PM.

#651 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,537 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted May 21, 2017 - 01:11 PM

Spurs are closer to a ring than the Clips with Cp3.
  • LACAS likes this

#652 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted May 21, 2017 - 01:33 PM

I could see Spurs moving LaMarcus. that might free up some room to revamp their roster

Maybe TP decides to hang it up too after that injury.
He's old and has played a ton of games. HOF for sure

If I were them, I'd hope no player option is exercised. Lma gets traded for nothing( Atlanta?). Trade away Kyle Anderson. Get milsap and cp3/Lowry to sign on 50m year( however you wanna divide it). Not sure if that's feasible because of possible cap holds but that lineup would be fire on defense and versatile on offense.

#653 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,714 posts

Posted May 21, 2017 - 01:42 PM

Don't see BI getting to 230/40 or laying the 4 more suited as a dominant 3

#654 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted May 21, 2017 - 02:29 PM

i see ingram playing 215-220 max

• GCMD likes this

ap1.png

#655 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 758 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Lonzo Ball BBB!

Posted May 21, 2017 - 04:35 PM

Don't see BI getting to 230/40 or laying the 4 more suited as a dominant 3

Ya only time I see BI weighing 240 is when he's a retired 42 year old announcer on TNT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#656 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted May 21, 2017 - 04:57 PM

I don't see CP3 leaving LAC mainly b/c of the stuff about him pushing to get the over 36 rule changed to age 38.  The over 36 rule used to limit how much the older guys could make.  Im sure he's gearing up for the super max for 5 years.  Spurs aren't really any closer to a ring than the Clippers are and Spurs would have to get real creative to get CP3 in the door.  That would require Pau to opt out of 16M guaranteed at 37 years old and trade Danny Green.  I don't think he does that at all.  

I completely disagree.. Spurs are the 3rd best team in the game by a respectable margin. I think Chris will consider the Spurs.. He's ultra competitive to forgo a chance at a championship for money. NOT saying its an easy decision but if he really wants a legit shot at a title, he's better suited with the spurs if remains in the west.

They should get rid of LMA, and since he's in a contract year( Im assuming he's gonna decline his po option next season), its not hard  to move him.

It'd take a miracle but a cp3/Kawhi/Milsap is a solid lineup. WAY better than any version of Blake/DJ.

Edited by Ventiquattro, May 21, 2017 - 04:58 PM.

#657 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 22, 2017 - 11:21 AM

Well the Spurs, considering their age, he'd have to ask himself.  

Does he have a better chance winning with the Spurs, making one final 1-2 season run at it while the Warriors are in their primes, or should he go back to New Orleans and join up with the future in Anthony Davis and the best center in the NBA in DeMarcus Cousins. 

Edited by Majesty, May 22, 2017 - 11:21 AM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#658 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,537 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted May 22, 2017 - 01:06 PM

That 2nd team would be trash

#659 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,714 posts

Posted May 22, 2017 - 01:22 PM

Spurs have continuity in coaching &management do the best job scouting. Spurs would go further than Clippers no doubt about it.

#660 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,054 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 22, 2017 - 02:09 PM

Chris Paul is not leaving that money behind - no way, no how.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users