• Please log in to reply
831 replies to this topic

#41 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,777 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:18 PM

If Paul George says he's going to come to the Lakers. let him sign and join the team as opposed to New York Knicks'ing it. 

If we got the #1 pick, I would send that over along with anyone besides Russell/Ingram for George over the Summer. 

No star free agent, despite any of these rumors or the players being big Laker fans in the past, is going to sign with us any time soon. But if we traded for him (which means he automatically loses the big pay day that he would get from re-signing with the Pacers) and our young core improved even a bit to field a competitive product, I think we would have a much higher chance of convincing him to stay. 

#42 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,159 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:21 PM

If Paul George says he's going to come to the Lakers. let him sign and join the team as opposed to New York Knicks'ing it.

How many times have we said this with other players? I really don't care if we get PG or not but saying we could sign him is just giving false hope.

#43 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,777 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:21 PM

Really? Where does it say that Larry wants Russell and Ingram? If I'm Magic I chuckle a bit then hang up haha

Oh that's just my personal guess. Even if it was one of them (Russell or Ingram) + Houston 1st + (another young player), I could see Boston offering its pick along with so many others and trumping our offer. 

#44 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,159 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:26 PM

Oh that's just my personal guess. Even if it was one of them (Russell or Ingram) + Houston 1st + (another young player), I could see Boston offering its pick along with so many others and trumping our offer.

Boston could have made a move by now. I don't think they really want to give up that pick at this time.
  • Clutch Factor likes this

#45 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,175 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:27 PM

Oh okay I see.

To be quite frank... I have no clue was Boston's intentions are. They easily have the most coveted assets in the trade market and can easily offer a competitive package that could have netted them a guy like Cousins, or now Butler or George. I'm really intrigued to see what Ainge decides to do moving forward. They aren't great at drafting, but they've managed to stockpile so many picks that they'll have lots of options and flexibility.
  • Clutch Factor likes this

#46 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,601 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:29 PM

This is exciting if not anything else. We will see. Magic being here already piqued PGs interest which is something Cuff and Link would not have been able to do given a hundred years.

Edited by MaceWindu, February 22, 2017 - 01:14 PM.

• FranklinPeanuts likes this

#47 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:31 PM

For teams considering a trade for George, here’s the risk: As a free agent in the summer of 2018, he has considered re-signing with Indiana or joining his hometown Los Angeles Lakers, sources tell The Vertical

http://sports.yahoo....-180740295.html 

... yep... WAIT

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#48 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,159 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:33 PM

For teams considering a trade for George, here’s the risk: As a free agent in the summer of 2018, he has considered re-signing with Indiana or joining his hometown Los Angeles Lakers, sources tell The Vertical

... yep... WAIT

trade or don't get him...it's simple
  • FranklinPeanuts likes this

#49 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,175 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:36 PM

George can easily change his mind about LA in a day let alone an entire year.
If they want him and truly value him; pull the trigger and obtain him now. By 2018, if Lakers can prove to be atleast somewhat competative with George and Co. it may entice a top tier free agent to join.

It all comes down to how much Larry wants at the moment

#50 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,220 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:40 PM

Randle, JC, Young, Black, Calderon (expiring), HOU pick and a 2nd round pick.

#51 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,777 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:40 PM

... yep... WAIT

Majesty, you should know agents leak that information to deter other teams from trading for X star player. That way that X star player can bank on that super max payday with his respective team once the salary cap rises. 

Could Paul George genuinely have interest in signing with us? It's possible, but I highly doubt he would leave so much money off the table to sign with an inconsistent, developing young team in 2018. 

#52 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:47 PM

For both Lakers/Paul George's sake, it seems more likely they'll wait for George in free agency than try to get him in trade

• kray28 likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#53 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,777 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:48 PM

Boston could have made a move by now. I don't think they really want to give up that pick at this time.

That's true, and I think the "leaked" reports that "George will either re-sign with Pacers or consider the Lakers" may be a deterring factor. 

#54 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,848 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:50 PM

I just like the Lakers news. It is exciting.

#55 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,159 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:50 PM

Lol so do people really believe PG is gonna sign here?

#56 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,777 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:51 PM

I just like the Lakers news. It is exciting.

Yeah, man. It's been awhile since we've been in trade talks and news. 

And if no deal happens, that means other teams were asking for too much (like Russell + Ingram), and I'm happy the FO isn't gutting the roster for one player. 

#57 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,777 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:52 PM

Lol so do people really believe PG is gonna sign here?

Nope. Which is why I would acquire him for anything excluding Russell and Ingram.

But that is unlikely to happen, so they'll probably just wait until free agency. Where George will most likely just re-sign with the Pacers. 

#58 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,848 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:54 PM

Paul GeorgeVerified account@Yg_Trece

Back home in LA.. 1f60d.png

dont do this PG...

#59 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,159 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:54 PM

Nope. Which is why I would acquire him for anything excluding Russell and Ingram.

But that is unlikely to happen, so they'll probably just wait until free agency. Where George will most likely just re-sign with the Pacers.

That's exactly what's gonna happen

#60 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,848 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:55 PM

AmicoHoopsNet@AmicoHoopsNet

Several team execs say they don't expect #Pacers to move Paul George before deadline ... but possible. http://amicohoops.net/pacers-reportedly-exploring-market-for-george/ 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users