#21 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,048 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted February 22, 2017 - 11:25 AM

Address roster issues first. Stretch big and spot up shooters over PG!

I want to run with Russ and Ingram, let's actually build a roster around them.

I agree with everything you have been saying. Im keeping Russ and Ingram, but everyone else can go. I just hope thay us getying rid of our best player for a pick means Russ starts playing 30 plus minutes everynight now. I also want to see Clarkson play some back up 1 to see if he can get his playmaking back he had his first season. But i agree we need to buikd around Ingram and Russ.

#22 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,079 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 22, 2017 - 11:28 AM

The problem is the only way pacers accept this is if PG demands a trade and puts pacers in a bad position, much like the dwight howard trade. They are going to want Ingram in there and im sure some other team could give them that type of deal too. 

Yeah, Boston easily beats out any package we offer if Ingram isn't included.

#23 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,977 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted February 22, 2017 - 11:38 AM

Dont panic. Wait 25 games, address needs and keep flexible.

Nobody is panicking. If we were this bad but we had a roster that actually made sense, I'd be fine.

#24 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,977 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 11:40 AM

Boston has some really good young players though. They don't really need to have that win now mentality like everyone expects them too. Fultz could easily replace Thomas and they'd be fine for years to come.

Edited by kidpolean, February 22, 2017 - 11:41 AM.

#25 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,130 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 22, 2017 - 11:40 AM

Tough to compete w a BOS package UNLESS PG tells BOS he wont extend/resign with them or if BOS moves first on Butler.

#26 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,079 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 11:41 AM

I'm praying Boston liquidates their assets in order to obtain Butler.  That is the best case scenario because that team still won't be enough to compete with Lebron for the next 2-3 seasons.

• LACAS likes this

#27 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,417 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 22, 2017 - 11:44 AM

Nobody is panicking. If we were this bad but we had a roster that actually made sense, I'd be fine.

What do you hope to change for the remaining 25 games that'll make a difference in the big picture.

Imo the best asset we can get is that top 3.

#28 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,048 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted February 22, 2017 - 11:47 AM

Bostons young players are overrated imo. Other then there pick and maybe Jaylen Brown who else do you see thats good. We hear this every year with Boston that they have all these assets and they end up doing nothing.
  • martin90 likes this

#29 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,977 posts

What do you hope to change for the remaining 25 games that'll make a difference in the big picture.

The best thing we can do is put Russ and Ingram in the best position to succeed. That should be our #1 priority.
  • LACAS likes this

#30 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,461 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Lol

#31 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,130 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 22, 2017 - 11:49 AM

Lets just say we were able to swindle PG from IND but we gave up JC, Randle, Young, HOU pick + a 2nd round pick to do so... are we that much better that we jeopardize the pick anymore than currently constructed?

Edited by LACAS, February 22, 2017 - 11:50 AM.

#32 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,476 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 22, 2017 - 11:54 AM

Sources: Magic plans to call Larry about Paul George. Michael not yet involved. Basketball's holy trinity marches on at NBA trade deadline.

#33 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,461 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:02 PM

Sure.

#34 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:03 PM

if we can get get PG.. and keep Russ, Ingram, 1st pick *ours* and nance.. do it.. do it now.

ap1.png

#35 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,738 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:03 PM

I highly doubt Pacers would even consider a trade if Russell and Ingram both were not included. So with that mindset, I would wait (However if they want one of them...that's an interesting dilemma).

If get a top 3 pick (especially the #1 pick) and George is still with the Pacers, that could be huge in trading for George in the Summer. 

#36 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,977 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:09 PM

I highly doubt Pacers would even consider a trade if Russell and Ingram both were not included. So with that mindset, I would wait (However if they want one of them...that's an interesting dilemma).

If get a top 3 pick (especially the #1 pick) and George is still with the Pacers, that could be huge in trading for George in the Summer.

They either take our garbage, overpay for him to stay, or let him walk for nothing. We don't need to give up too much to get him. Russ/Ingram should be off limits unless we get KAT, Greek Freak, or AD in return which ain't happening.

#37 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,079 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:10 PM

I assure you Larry would accept a Russel + Ingram for George in a heartbeat without even thinking twice.

Larry knows the Pacers aren't winning any time soon. If given the oppurtunity to develop Russel, Ingram, and Myles Turner, you can bet he'd salivate at that opportunity.

The Pacers as currently constructed are probably the 5th-6th best team in the east at best. Even if they brought on another All-Star they'd still fall short.

Edited by LakeShow1o1, February 22, 2017 - 12:10 PM.

#38 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,267 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:12 PM

If Paul George says he's going to come to the Lakers. let him sign and join the team as opposed to New York Knicks'ing it. 

• FranklinPeanuts likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#39 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,738 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:14 PM

I assure you Larry would accept a Russel + Ingram for George in a heartbeat without even thinking twice.

Larry knows the Pacers aren't winning any time soon. If given the oppurtunity to develop Russel, Ingram, and Myles Turner, you can bet he'd salivate at that opportunity.

The Pacers as currently constructed are probably the 5th-6th best team in the east at best. Even if they brought on another All-Star they'd still fall short.

I'm sure he would, too. My respond was toward the proposed deals like Clarkson + Randle + Houston 1st round pick for George.

I mean all of us would do that in a heartbeat but Larry wants Russell + Ingram. 

• LakeShow1o1 likes this

#40 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,079 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 12:16 PM

Really? Where does it say that Larry wants Russell and Ingram? If I'm Magic I chuckle a bit then hang up haha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users