831 replies to this topic

#281 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,970 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 02, 2017 - 09:40 AM

Im not your kid.  You also have 0 idea of how old I am.  The fact you are stuck on a specific number to hold a team to scoring shows how outdated your view of defense and the game is.  Basketball is a collective.  The Warriors have one of the best defenses in the NBA and give up a ton of points.  Mostly b/c they are obliterating the other team as the other team is scoring. 

A lot of the Lakers defensive issues stem from their turnovers and transition defense.  Those are things I believe they can work on.  The other stuff is simply roster based.  They don't have a big that's good in PnR defense yet.  Zubac is still too young and Tarik and Randle are simply not good rim protectors. 

Kid your view is so limited there's barely room to comment. An exaggeration of 50ppg is far far away from 90 points pg. and of course that's not as unrealistic as it's measurable cause right now that's the issue D, perimeter getting Best and Bigs getting fouls covering or no help the helper. So what's the average 100?

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#282 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,608 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted March 02, 2017 - 09:47 AM

Just hope Bird doesn't pull a McHale and send him to the Celtics. Especially if the Celtics get the 3rd pick and are down to trade it.

I feel your pain on that, we need some good fortune
  • bfc1125roy likes this

#283 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,474 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted March 02, 2017 - 09:56 AM

http://finance.yahoo...-192928977.html

Interesting issue for the lakers. If PG gets on All NBA team he would be able to get a lot more money from pacers. Would hurt lakers chances. Now that Durant it hurt he has a better chance. I still doubt he will get it but still possible.

• bfc1125roy likes this

#284 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,032 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted March 02, 2017 - 11:31 AM

I think now it more about point differential then defensive ppg
  • lakerfan98 likes this

#285 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,522 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 02, 2017 - 11:37 AM

http://finance.yahoo...-192928977.html

Interesting issue for the lakers. If PG gets on All NBA team he would be able to get a lot more money from pacers. Would hurt lakers chances. Now that Durant it hurt he has a better chance. I still doubt he will get it but still possible.

Yeah I don't think he will get it unless he goes nuts starting now. Too many good forwards. Hayward could make a case too honestly. 

#286 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,095 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted April 23, 2017 - 10:32 PM

So now that George got eliminated ,can we talk about this again this summer? LOL  -_-

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#287 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,254 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 23, 2017 - 11:10 PM

Paul George in the last 20 seconds

• Busty Bluth, PhillyLaker24 and Olabebeh like this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#288 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,792 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted April 24, 2017 - 07:23 AM

Wouldn't trade any of the core for him. And if we did I'd hope they'd MAKE Indiana take Mozgov or Deng.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • DaSmoothOperator and LACAS like this

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#289 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,970 posts

Posted April 24, 2017 - 07:44 AM

I'd trade anything outside of Russell, Ingram and if we retain the pick for him.  I think building AROUND Paul George is a terrible idea.  He's a great talent but there are only a select few guys that are unquestionable cornerstones in the NBA and he's simply not one of them. 

• LACAS likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#290 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,109 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 24, 2017 - 09:00 AM

I'd trade anything outside of Russell, Ingram and if we retain the pick for him.  I think building AROUND Paul George is a terrible idea.  He's a great talent but there are only a select few guys that are unquestionable cornerstones in the NBA and he's simply not one of them. 

Agreed.... but what if we land the 1st or 2nd and IND asks for either :

the pick + Randle and JC

or

Russell + Randle and JC

#291 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,032 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted April 24, 2017 - 09:23 AM

Anything other then Russell Ingram and the pick are available. But likr Jody said im not building a team around him. I see him more as the second best player on a championship team.
  • LACAS likes this

#292 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,745 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted April 24, 2017 - 09:31 AM

i ask this question becaus ei am always curious as to what others mindsets are.

Is Paul George the Batman type of player OR would he be Robin type of player on this Current team moving on?

Allow me to paint a vague picture, if it helps. MWP, Nick, Black and or Robinson is gone, The Lakers do NOT have their early 1st round pick. Let us just say that Magic works a deal with Larry that brings him in and it cost Black, the 26th, Randle, (maybe JC and next years 1st round pick and both sides agreed.. (NOT SAYING THAT IT WILL... Work with me ladies and gents)

Is Paul George the Batman or Robin type player for this hypothetical team?

#293 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,109 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted April 24, 2017 - 09:43 AM

i ask this question becaus ei am always curious as to what others mindsets are.

Is Paul George the Batman type of player OR would he be Robin type of player on this Current team moving on?

Allow me to paint a vague picture, if it helps. MWP, Nick, Black and or Robinson is gone, The Lakers do NOT have their early 1st round pick. Let us just say that Magic works a deal with Larry that brings him in and it cost Black, the 26th, Randle, (maybe JC and next years 1st round pick and both sides agreed.. (NOT SAYING THAT IT WILL... Work with me ladies and gents)

Is Paul George the Batman or Robin type player for this hypothetical team?

He would be the Batman on this team for NOW only because the kids arent ready yet but he's a Robin in regards to the NBA. (I hope this makes sense)

If PG13 would cost us Black, the 26th, Randle, JC and next years 1st round... I would do it WITHOUT blinking. This would mean we have kept our top 3 pick (if we dont lose it), Russell, Ingram and Zubac. 

#294 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,745 posts

Posted April 24, 2017 - 10:00 AM

He would be the Batman on this team for NOW only because the kids arent ready yet but he's a Robin in regards to the NBA. (I hope this makes sense)

If PG13 would cost us Black, the 26th, Randle, JC and next years 1st round... I would do it WITHOUT blinking. This would mean we have kept our top 3 pick (if we dont lose it), Russell, Ingram and Zubac. 

In this case, the Lakers have lost the pick... would that change your mind. And I am not saying Indy does the deal because we shoulf all know, LArry is not giving a star player for that package.. Let us say Larry says.. WTH Earving... becaus ewe have history and he only wants to go there and the Clippers got nothing I want..

#295 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,946 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted April 24, 2017 - 10:30 AM

In this case, the Lakers have lost the pick... would that change your mind. And I am not saying Indy does the deal because we shoulf all know, LArry is not giving a star player for that package.. Let us say Larry says.. WTH Earving... becaus ewe have history and he only wants to go there and the Clippers got nothing I want..

That deal is so one sided that I'd do it regardless of us keeping the pick or not. The problem I have is when the pick is included. You're essentially getting PG13 for Randle and Clarkson.

Edited by kidpolean, April 24, 2017 - 10:31 AM.

#296 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,970 posts

Posted April 24, 2017 - 11:05 AM

I don't think Pacers or any GM entertains trading their star player w/o getting 1 of the Lakers top talents.  DLo and Ingram are the biggest potential players.  Ingram being the best option in the trade due to position.  Ideally you'd want DLo with PG than Ingram w/ PG and having to play Jordan Clarkson. 

#297 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,095 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted April 24, 2017 - 11:06 AM

Paul George is a star and if you would see him walking on the street of course you take  a picture with him. But I also wouldnt say that he is a SUPERSTAR TYPE OF GUY! He is just a pure scorer type of guy and can force your team and leads you. But he is not build a leader and a player to be build around, but also more than a solid role player.

I think he is a guy like Scottie was to MJ or like Pau was to Kobe.

So what Im trying to say is that LAND US GEORGE and we have DLO or Ingram be that FIRST SCORING option with Georges expierence as the 2nd. 

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#298 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,970 posts

Posted April 24, 2017 - 11:15 AM

I don't think you have to a guy clearly better than PG on the team but if you don't have a top 5 guy then you need multiple top 10-12 guys if possible.  The only way you get someone better than PG is that you go into the Lebron, KD, Harden/Russ, Steph range.  Not getting any of those guys. 

• bfc1125roy likes this

#299 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,745 posts

Posted April 24, 2017 - 11:43 AM

I have another question to catch a view of folks mindset.

Hypothetical question(s) (again)

Lets say PG stays and plays out his contract in Indy. This goes for CP3 and Blake as well. Which player will sign for the money and say screw a ring? What would you guys do? If you were PG, would you stay for the money or look to sigh with your home team? OR go where a team would contend for 4-5 years. If you are CP3, you are 31 and the same question for both him and Blake.

In my opinion these two franchises are not going to win a ring with their current constructed rosters. What say you good folks in this forum?

#300 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,522 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 24, 2017 - 12:12 PM

Paul George is a star and if you would see him walking on the street of course you take  a picture with him. But I also wouldnt say that he is a SUPERSTAR TYPE OF GUY! He is just a pure scorer type of guy and can force your team and leads you. But he is not build a leader and a player to be build around, but also more than a solid role player.

I think he is a guy like Scottie was to MJ or like Pau was to Kobe.

So what Im trying to say is that LAND US GEORGE and we have DLO or Ingram be that FIRST SCORING option with Georges expierence as the 2nd. 

He's a great defensive player, and we don't have any of those right now

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Alexa (2)