51 replies to this topic

#41 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,446 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted February 24, 2017 - 11:52 AM

IMO, the risk reward of the pick is worth it considering it would be top 3 if we keep it.

Also, what I'm saying is besides the coaching staff, we develop players by playing them. Without Lou and Huertas, we can give the young guys more playing time (= more development), while still tanking. Win WIn.

So you don't think Russell and Ingram would benefit from spot up shooters and a stretch 4?

#42 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,609 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 24, 2017 - 12:07 PM

So you don't think Russell and Ingram would benefit from spot up shooters and a stretch 4?

Of course they would. But that can be addressed this summer, once we have the pick. Then I'm all for improving the roster, and getting guys who can shoot around those 2. That's a big weakness in the team right now. 

Or hopefully Nance develops a killer jumpshot. 

#43 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,446 posts

Posted February 24, 2017 - 12:20 PM

Of course they would. But that can be addressed this summer, once we have the pick. Then I'm all for improving the roster, and getting guys who can shoot around those 2. That's a big weakness in the team right now.

Or hopefully Nance develops a killer jumpshot.

I don't care about this pick at all! If we had an actual roster that made sense, we'd see real improvement by our youth and nobody would even be thinking about this pick. We are working backwards! You don't sacrifice years from your current young guys in order to get more young guys. That doesn't make any sense. I get the appeal of keeping the pick, but it's not like getting them a shooter and stretch 4 was gonna significantly drop our chances especially with Lou gone.

At some point you guys will realize that this isn't some brilliant rebuilding strategy, our FO simply has no clue what they are doing!

When we go into next season with

Black
Randle
Ingram
Jackson/Ball/Fultz
Russell

We will have the same spacing and lack of screen setting ability that we have had for the last 3 seasons.

The problem isn't our lack of potential, our problem is within the structure of the roster.

Edited by kidpolean, February 24, 2017 - 12:22 PM.

• JGuez likes this

#44 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,387 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted February 24, 2017 - 12:26 PM

I don't care about this pick at all! If we had an actual roster that made sense, we'd see real improvement by our youth and nobody would even be thinking about this pick. We are working backwards! You don't sacrifice years from your current young guys in order to get more young guys. That doesn't make any sense. I get the appeal of keeping the pick, but it's not like getting them a shooter and stretch 4 was gonna significantly drop our chances especially with Lou gone.

At some point you guys will realize that this isn't some brilliant rebuilding strategy, our FO simply has no clue what they are doing!

Black
Randle
Ingram
Jackson/Ball/Fultz
Russell

We will have the same spacing and lack of screen setting ability that we have had for the last 3 seasons.

The problem isn't our lack of potential, our problem is within the structure of the roster.

I agree for the most part.... 

That said what would YOU realistically do to better the roster?

The Deng and Moz signings are franchise killers... I said this before the ink was dry.

Edited by LACAS, February 24, 2017 - 12:35 PM.

#45 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,446 posts

Posted February 24, 2017 - 12:45 PM

I agree for the most part.... 

That said what would YOU realistically do to better the roster?

The Deng and Moz signings are franchise killers... I said this before the ink was dry.

There are a ton of players in the NBA that can shot. We should have just traded for shooters.

#46 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,387 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted February 24, 2017 - 01:20 PM

What are your thoughts on Mirotic? Had a solid rookie season and has been quiet since... a young PF who could spread the floor.

#47 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,609 posts

Posted February 24, 2017 - 01:27 PM

Black
Randle
Ingram
Jackson/Ball/Fultz
Russell

There weren't any good players available at the deadline. And even if there were, it would be better to get another potential SUPERSTAR to add to the team and then get stretch 4's and whatever else we need. Also, Ingram, Ball, and Russell can all shoot from outside, all you really need is a stretch 4 and a flexible 5 to round out that lineup. If you get a guy like George, then the 4 problem is solved. 

#48 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,780 posts

Posted February 24, 2017 - 01:44 PM

George is not best used at the 4. I keep seeing that pop up. The guy is best at the 3 or 2. He has a handle and runs an offense well. Just because he's 6-9 doesn't mean we need to toss him at the 4
  • JGuez, KidRN and LACAS like this
Posted Image

#49 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,904 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 24, 2017 - 02:37 PM

Nah after exhausting alphabet then...

2A,2B,2C

We may have to adapt the Dewey Decimal system

Edited by MaceWindu, February 24, 2017 - 02:42 PM.

#50 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,609 posts

Posted February 24, 2017 - 08:28 PM

George is not best used at the 4. I keep seeing that pop up. The guy is best at the 3 or 2. He has a handle and runs an offense well. Just because he's 6-9 doesn't mean we need to toss him at the 4

A position isn't a lock. Call it whatever you want, but if you have Ingram, Ball, Russell, and George on your team, you damn well figure out an offense to play them all at the same time. All can shoot so it doesn't matter. Look at the warriors. 

#51 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted February 28, 2017 - 12:33 PM

MY CONCERN IS DEFENSE. Everyone is running around talking as if teams aren't scoring 30 points per quarter on us on a regular basis. And it doesn't seem to matter who we play. We need some athletes that can play perimeter defense. With inconsistent shooting we'll never do anything without a couple of lock down defenders

#52 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted February 28, 2017 - 12:36 PM

Black
Randle
Ingram
Jackson/Ball/Fultz
Russell

Maybe the pick would be used in a trade package

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users