LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,130 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 19, 2017 - 05:24 AM

If I were the FO I would be looking to:

-Make a move for PG without giving up Russ, BI or Zu... perhaps a package involving the 2nd pick + Randle + filler. 

-See what JC + the 28th pick + Moz OR Deng can net us (If we got ride of Randle in the above scenario, I would prefer to keep Deng to back up the 4... actually I would prefer to get rid of both but that seems impossible) 

#1342 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,640 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted May 19, 2017 - 08:52 AM

Remember the cap, better to keep it til
Next year! No trade fo PG! Not going to raise the team up by himself, sobyoubkeep pieces to work with other trades or?

#1343 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,556 posts

Posted May 19, 2017 - 09:00 AM

How many of you would be ok entering next season with ...

CP3

Russell

Ingram

George

#1344 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,130 posts

Posted May 19, 2017 - 09:23 AM

How many of you would be ok entering next season with ...

CP3

Russell

Ingram

George

Depends on what you're picking CP3 up for... he's getting up there in age and we're trying to go young but the fine print & details matter here...

Edited by LACAS, May 19, 2017 - 09:29 AM.

#1345 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,556 posts

Posted May 19, 2017 - 09:44 AM

Depends on what you're picking CP3 up for... he's getting up there in age and we're trying to go young but the fine print & details matter here...

He still gonna be effective. Gave a quick look into 2018 free agency and there's no realistic option to pair with George.

If we're able to shed mozgov or dengs contract we would have enough cap to sign FA next summer even with with George and Paul on board.

#1346 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 750 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Lonzo Ball BBB!

Posted May 19, 2017 - 09:46 AM

If I were the FO I would be looking to:

-Make a move for PG without giving up Russ, BI or Zu... perhaps a package involving the 2nd pick + Randle + filler. 

-See what JC + the 28th pick + Moz OR Deng can net us (If we got ride of Randle in the above scenario, I would prefer to keep Deng to back up the 4... actually I would prefer to get rid of both but that seems impossible) 

Supposedly they turned down four 1st round picks for PG at the last trade deadline. I'm sure Indy would ask for #2, #28 and BI right now...that should change though as they get closer to 2018 and are going to lose him for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#1347 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,417 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 19, 2017 - 10:36 AM

Supposedly they turned down four 1st round picks for PG at the last trade deadline. I'm sure Indy would ask for #2, #28 and BI right now...that should change though as they get closer to 2018 and are going to lose him for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have zero leverage. BI and #2 should be completely off the table. Maybe Russell as well.

Once the market dries out we lowball them.
  • LACAS likes this

#1348 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,130 posts

Posted May 19, 2017 - 10:50 AM

They have zero leverage. BI and #2 should be completely off the table. Maybe Russell as well.

Once the market dries out we lowball them.

Honestly only BOS presents a danger in losing PG... the Celts have a plethora of options.

Edited by LACAS, May 19, 2017 - 12:38 PM.

#1349 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,476 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted May 19, 2017 - 02:02 PM

Honestly only BOS presents a danger in losing PG... the Celts have a plethora of options.

Nah, they want the great white hope Gordon Hayward. White guy who can ball in Boston? Sound familiar?

• LACAS likes this

#1350 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,130 posts

Posted May 19, 2017 - 02:24 PM

Nah, they want the great white hope Gordon Hayward. White guy who can ball in Boston? Sound familiar?

Sounds right.

#1351 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,417 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted May 19, 2017 - 08:26 PM

Good point. Celtics could offer a package of Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart or other lesser assets to get George to Boston. That would give them a major advantage in next years playoffs and they could hope he sticks around after that.

#1352 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,763 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted May 19, 2017 - 10:45 PM

They way Bos got pimped, PG may look at them and say LeBron beat me again. Lol

#1353 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,994 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted May 20, 2017 - 01:27 PM

After seeing them go the limit with WAS and getting demolished by CLE.  Boston needs a roster overhaul that may just require them to stand pat until Lebron gets older.  You can trade for PG13 but he does nothing for their lack of rebounding and rim protection.  He elevates them offensively for sure though.  If I'm Ainge I pull the plug next year.  Draft Fultz, shop IT2 so you dont have to give him a max deal and keep being a good team.  They have the luxury of not tanking and having a shot at top talent for next year or 2.  Jaylen Brown and Fultz are legit prospects.  

Out West lakers have their own issues.  If they figure out how to keep their bench pieces on the team thats another 2-3 years easily of domination 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#1354 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,726 posts

Posted May 20, 2017 - 01:58 PM

Gordon Hayward...

tenor.gif

#1355 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,977 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted May 20, 2017 - 02:42 PM

After seeing them go the limit with WAS and getting demolished by CLE. Boston needs a roster overhaul that may just require them to stand pat until Lebron gets older. You can trade for PG13 but he does nothing for their lack of rebounding and rim protection. He elevates them offensively for sure though. If I'm Ainge I pull the plug next year. Draft Fultz, shop IT2 so you dont have to give him a max deal and keep being a good team. They have the luxury of not tanking and having a shot at top talent for next year or 2. Jaylen Brown and Fultz are legit prospects.

Out West lakers have their own issues. If they figure out how to keep their bench pieces on the team thats another 2-3 years easily of domination

I agree. Hayward, PG13, and Butler don't really fix their issues. Cleveland is destroying them to the point where I don't see any possible additions this summer making a difference. They'd legit need to acquire a star C to compete with Cleveland.

Edited by kidpolean, May 20, 2017 - 02:42 PM.

#1356 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,763 posts

Posted May 20, 2017 - 02:54 PM

Not too many in the league. Just a bunch of some overpaid decent serviceable bigs

#1357 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,977 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted May 20, 2017 - 03:12 PM

Not too many in the league. Just a bunch of some overpaid decent serviceable bigs

Yea that's the problem. I think that even with a guy like KAT, the series would still come down to a game 7. This series has shown us how huge of a gap there is between Boston and Cleveland. I thought they were a lot closer than they actually are.

Taking Fultz and trading IT for picks might be a great idea.

#1358 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,763 posts

Posted May 20, 2017 - 03:30 PM

Yea that's the problem. I think that even with a guy like KAT, the series would still come down to a game 7. This series has shown us how huge of a gap there is between Boston and Cleveland. I thought they were a lot closer than they actually are.

Yea. If they go all out for Gordon, I cannot see them paying IT. Maybe they can.

#1359 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,556 posts

Posted May 20, 2017 - 03:34 PM

Yup. Take two steps back and be good for a decade in couple of years.

Boston's position is so unique. It'd take a dumb GM like King to make such trade(hindsight but not really lol). They're 1st in the east, reached ECF, have a great coach, and some young talent(Brown, Rozier, Smart). Adding Fultz and trading up in the draft using their numerous picks can set them for life.

#1360 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,001 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted May 20, 2017 - 03:36 PM

Chris Paul is giving up on a 200+ million dollar contract to join a Laker team that is still not playoff bound and for millions less with a shorter term contract?  I don't see that happening in the slightest.  Even if the Lakers magically shed Deng and Mozgov and clear all cap space, it won't be enough to match the offer the Clippers can and will give Paul.  Plus, the Clippers are already in (ever so slight) contention.

Like I said before, the Celtics will go all in for Hayward, and Hayward will listen closely.  If it's not the Jazz, it's the Celtics for him.  Aside from that they'll look to get some size in the middle.  And when that's all said and done, they still won't get by Cleveland next year.  It's the Cavs and Warriors once again next year.

The Celtics are most definitely a threat in acquiring and retaining Paul George.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

kidpolean, Bing (1)