7921 replies to this topic

#7921 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,696 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted January 01, 2018 - 11:48 AM

Seriously doubt DJ gets a full max contract. He didn't even get one on his last deal.

DJ > Boogie for THIS roster for defense, rim protection, effort and low usage with 3 other players that are going to need a lot of touches.

We aren't talking pure talent but best fit for the roster going forward for the next 3-4 years. We've seen Boogie as the #1 or 2 on 2 teams and the common denominator in bad on the teams has been his defense. Lakers can't afford to have a big with Enes Kanter level defense as their biggest impact player

I agree with what you're saying but if both get around the same amount of money, it would be wise to get the better player. Rim protection is the only aspect that DJ is actually better at. Being far worse offensively shouldn't be viewed as a plus simply because of our roster.

#7922 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,280 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 02, 2018 - 09:30 AM

He's not far worse offensively.  In ways he's BETTER offensively for the TEAM.  Talent wise it's not even a debate that Boogie is better.  Deandre helps the offense b/c of his ability to make the defense collapse b/c of his finishing ability.  He also requires no touches on offense, leaving other guys to operate freely.  Sometimes less is more.  I'm a believer in Kuz and BI and if they add Paul George to the mix Deandre would be a better fit and a complete roster, especially if they keep Randle for small ball.   

I agree with what you're saying but if both get around the same amount of money, it would be wise to get the better player. Rim protection is the only aspect that DJ is actually better at. Being far worse offensively shouldn't be viewed as a plus simply because of our roster.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users