#7801 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,543 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 13, 2017 - 06:27 AM

Clarkson for Mirotic

Nance for best possible replacement for Clarkson.

Yes or no?

#7802 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,163 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted December 13, 2017 - 09:31 AM

Clarkson for Mirotic

Nance for best possible replacement for Clarkson.

Yes or no?

I said this a while ago and got ripped for saying such...

#7803 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,543 posts

Posted December 13, 2017 - 10:35 AM

I said this a while ago and got ripped for saying such...

Not by me i hope.

The fact of the matter is that one of Randle and Clarkson has to go at some point if we want two max guys. I like Randle better and turning Clarkson into Mirotic gives us the chance to move Nance who would be better off as a 3rd/4th big on a contender than being the starting PF on the Lakers.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, December 13, 2017 - 10:36 AM.

• UKUGA and LACAS like this

#7804 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,017 posts
  • Name:Ryan

Posted December 13, 2017 - 11:44 PM

Would it hurt to wait?  Do we need to have enough cap space for two max slots entering free agency?  Teams like Atlanta, Sacramento, and Indy will have the space to absorb Clarkson's deal and none of those cities are free agent hot spots.  Say we get PG and that intrigues a second star player but we don't have enough space so we call Atlanta and offer JC and a future second rounder for cash considerations lol.  Does Atlanta really turn that down?  More cap space would be great I just don't see the point in rushing.    

#7805 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,543 posts

Posted December 14, 2017 - 01:01 AM

In my opinion, yes.

The list of teams with cap space and willingness to take on Clarkson isnt very long and if they feel there is a sense of urgency to move him in the summer, the price will go through the roof.

Flipping him for Niko is close to a lateral move that allow us to move Nance for a backcourt replacement for Clarkson. The frontcourt would be more balanced with Niko and Nance being a better asset than Clarkson allow us to find a decent replacement.

In the summer the cap situation is solved and we can focus on trying to trade Deng which is something we dont necessarily have to do.

#7806 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,979 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 14, 2017 - 06:17 AM

No Deng.  No deal. 

Don't feed the trolls. 

#7807 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,979 posts

Posted December 14, 2017 - 11:42 AM

http://www.espn.com/...olding-hope-nba

When the Lakers signed Caldwell-Pope this summer, it was widely believed that at least some of their motivation was to use the season to show him and, by extension, Paul what the Laker life was all about -- well, what the Laker life was like after Buss boldly fired her brother Jim Buss and longtime general manager Mitch Kupchak in February, replaced them with Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka, who then drafted electric rookie Lonzo Ball, whose overzealous father had seemingly spoken his path to the NBA's glamour franchise into being.

But Buss felt boldness was necessary after the Lakers had fallen into the lottery four years in a row. Los Angeles is a town that doesn't tolerate mediocrity for very long. Be interesting or be forgotten quickly here. And with Kobe Bryant two years into retirement, the Lakers were flirting with irrelevance. They needed new energy and new stars as soon as possible. Enter Ball, who has drawn comparisons to luminaries like Johnson and Jason Kidd. And enter salary cap space, which the Lakers have made little secret they intend to use to pursue superstar players -- like James and Southern California native Paul George -- in free agency next summer.

Don't feed the trolls. 

#7808 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,845 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted December 14, 2017 - 01:47 PM

I think wether or not we get a star we’ll be ok.
These guys have all gotten better, and are having their best years yet of their career.

Clarkson
Randle
Ingram

will continue to grow... with lonzo rounding out his game and growing too. I don’t see any reason one max free agent won’t make us significantly better.

Edited by Rekal, December 14, 2017 - 01:55 PM.

#7809 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,979 posts

Posted December 15, 2017 - 05:05 AM

I think wether or not we get a star we’ll be ok.
These guys have all gotten better, and are having their best years yet of their career.

Clarkson
Randle
Ingram

will continue to grow... with lonzo rounding out his game and growing too. I don’t see any reason one max free agent won’t make us significantly better.

You have to get a star to win.   Not sure if any of these guys truly become a superstar from development alone, unless someone else comes in and helps take them to the next level.

Don't feed the trolls. 

#7810 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,602 posts

Posted December 15, 2017 - 09:08 AM

You have to get a star to win. Not sure if any of these guys truly become a superstar from development alone, unless someone else comes in and helps take them to the next level.

I agree. They need someone to take the pressure off. I think you’ll see quite a bit of a jump if the lakers land cousins and George. With alleviated pressure I think you’ll see Ingram above all else thrive. Unfortunately we won’t be able to keep the full roster and add those two guys because doing that would effectively put us in the top 4 of the West in my personal opinion

Cousins/ Randle
Nance/ kuzma
Ingram/ kuzma
George/ hart
Ball/ Clarkson

I think that roster wins 50 games. Unfortunately I don’t know how they pull that off
Posted Image

#7811 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,979 posts

Posted December 15, 2017 - 10:12 AM

I agree. They need someone to take the pressure off. I think you’ll see quite a bit of a jump if the lakers land cousins and George. With alleviated pressure I think you’ll see Ingram above all else thrive. Unfortunately we won’t be able to keep the full roster and add those two guys because doing that would effectively put us in the top 4 of the West in my personal opinion

Cousins/ Randle
Nance/ kuzma
Ingram/ kuzma
George/ hart
Ball/ Clarkson

I think that roster wins 50 games. Unfortunately I don’t know how they pull that off

If the Lakers add Cousins and George, I think we would all forget about Jordan Clarkson. 

• LACAS likes this

Don't feed the trolls. 

#7812 Drift

Drift

Rookie

• 250 posts
  • Name:John
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 15, 2017 - 11:50 AM

More and more likely no LeBron

I'm happy with

Ball

George

Ingram

Nance / Kuzma

Cousins

tbh that's like a mid 40 win team though.

• MaceWindu likes this
Posted Image

#7813 Byron

Byron

Rookie

• 70 posts
  • Name:XBOBOX
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 15, 2017 - 12:26 PM

I feel like I remember reading somewhere that PG13 said he didn't want to play the 2? Or was is the 4 that I'm thinking of?

#7814 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,163 posts

Posted December 15, 2017 - 04:18 PM

Clarkson for Noel? Thoughts?

#7815 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,163 posts

Posted December 15, 2017 - 05:20 PM

^Never mind, Noel is going to want a fat payday.

#7816 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,282 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted December 15, 2017 - 09:33 PM

Dudes gotta get over Nerlens Noel man.  There is a reason he isn't getting minutes.  Rick Carlisle is a championship level coach.  Im not buying he's like playing simply b/c the man doesn't "like" him.

• LACAS likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#7817 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,543 posts

Posted December 15, 2017 - 10:22 PM

Cousins/ Randle
Nance/ kuzma
Ingram/ kuzma
George/ hart
Ball/ Clarkson

Not really possible to keep both Clarkson and Randle. But if Clarkson was moved for an expiring this season i think you might be able to get a cheap veteran such as Jarrett Jack or Mario Chalmers or similar to fill that role. If you go futher and trade Nance, Zu i think we could get a bit of depth to plug in the holes.

So

Boogie / Randle

Kuz / ______

Ingram / _____

George / Hart / _____

Lonzo / VET FA / _______

#7818 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,543 posts

Posted December 15, 2017 - 10:24 PM

Clarkson for Noel? Thoughts?

I think i might do it just to get out of Clarkson's deal, but he's injured right now and might not even be as good as Randle defensively.

• LACAS likes this

#7819 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,163 posts

Posted December 16, 2017 - 05:33 AM

Dudes gotta get over Nerlens Noel man.  There is a reason he isn't getting minutes.  Rick Carlisle is a championship level coach.  Im not buying he's like playing simply b/c the man doesn't "like" him.

I dont disagree but for some reason I have always been a fan of Noel, I just dont think he's worth what he thinks he's worth.

#7820 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,163 posts

Posted December 16, 2017 - 05:37 AM

I think i might do it just to get out of Clarkson's deal, but he's injured right now and might not even be as good as Randle defensively.

I think I would do it... in order for the Lakers FO to makes the necessary moves this summer they will have to contracts.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (3)