#7621 Aykut Purde

Aykut Purde

Rookie

• 556 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 14, 2017 - 08:33 AM

I know Ill get heat for this but given the choice Im taking PG over Bron this summer; Im taking youth and who has more left in the tank.

I also think PG is still young enough to grow with the kids.

Some people here does not want Lebron here and they are afraid of getting heat, so kudos for speaking up for us... i mean for them :rolleyes:

My latest game review: https://steemit.com/...-the-rescue-6-8

I am on Steemit! Writing both in english and turkish. I will try to write about Lakers, so follow me :) I also changed my name to my real name: Aykut Purde. I was nikolatesla before.

https://steemit.com/@aykutpurde

#7622 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,343 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted November 14, 2017 - 08:45 AM

Lebron is far better than PG. It's not even close.
  • LACAS likes this

#7623 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,299 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 14, 2017 - 09:04 AM

Lebron is far better than PG. It's not even close.

My opinion wasn't based solely on who's better but Im considering who can ride with us longer... perhaps Bron is bored or checked out regarding CLE but something just doesn't look right... can Father time be catching up? Can the mileage be catching up?

Again I am NOT saying PG is better than Bron that would be silly but one is 32 with 14 years of heavy mileage while the other is 27 with 1/2 the mileage.

BTW I should have added the terms of the contract would also play into my decision making but if we're going 4 years max vs 4 years max, Im taking PG who would then be 31 vs James who would then be 36.

Edited by LACAS, November 14, 2017 - 03:29 PM.

• UKUGA likes this

#7624 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,343 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 10:07 AM

My opinion wasn't based solely on who's better but Im considering who can ride with us longer... perhaps Bron is bored or checked out regarding CLE but something just doesn't look right... can Father time be catching up? Can the mileage be catching up?

Again I am NOT saying PG is better than Bron that would be silly but one is 32 with 14 years of heavy mileage while the other is 27 with 1/2 the mileage.

BTW I should have added the terms of the contract would also play into my decision making but if we're going 4 years max vs 4 years max, Im taking PG who would then be 31 vs James who be 36.

I think the problem is that the moves this summer will be to compete now instead of building for the future. PG may keep us competitive longer but any roster centered around him isnt beating GS and GS will probably remain dominant throughout the rest of his career. Even if GS doesnt last that long, there are younger and already better players than PG. PG is one of my favorite players but he is a second option on a championship team. I dont think we have a future #1 option currently on our roster. Only way I'd pass on Lebron is if there was another true number 1 option available that was younger but that isn't the case.
  • LACAS likes this

#7625 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,299 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 10:48 AM

I think the problem is that the moves this summer will be to compete now instead of building for the future. PG may keep us competitive longer but any roster centered around him isnt beating GS and GS will probably remain dominant throughout the rest of his career. Even if GS doesnt last that long, there are younger and already better players than PG. PG is one of my favorite players but he is a second option on a championship team. I dont think we have a future #1 option currently on our roster. Only way I'd pass on Lebron is if there was another true number 1 option available that was younger but that isn't the case.

I agree with most of what you said however Bron joining the Lakers wouldnt beat GS either therefore why not go with longevity? Personally I dont see GS losing this year and perhaps the following 2 unless they get bit by injuries or lose impact players to FA (such as Klay).

#7626 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,738 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 10:49 AM

Kobe was going to be very effective until 38 years old. You saw it in 2013. He was still an elite SG at 34

I'd be happy with both but lebron is still one of the best players in the game. Arguably the best.
  • LACAS likes this
Posted Image

#7627 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,299 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 11:07 AM

Kobe was going to be very effective until 38 years old. You saw it in 2013. He was still an elite SG at 34

I'd be happy with both but lebron is still one of the best players in the game. Arguably the best.

No doubt but you knew it was just a matter of time... its unavoidable, its just a matter of when and hopefully you aren't caught up in a huge contact when it does bite.

#7628 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,343 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 02:00 PM

I agree with most of what you said however Bron joining the Lakers wouldnt beat GS either therefore why not go with longevity? Personally I dont see GS losing this year and perhaps the following 2 unless they get bit by injuries or lose impact players to FA (such as Klay).

Bron and others could possibly beat GS. It depends who comes with Bron. PG as the main guy, isnt beating GS period!
  • Busty Bluth and LACAS like this

#7629 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,299 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 03:13 PM

Bron and others could possibly beat GS. It depends who comes with Bron. PG as the main guy, isnt beating GS period!

"Possibly" 

IMO it would honestly take the stars to align to beat GS I dont care of you get Bron or PG (getting both is another story) in fact it may take Bron going to OKC to join RW, PG and Melo... even then my money would be on GS.

The thing about GS is its an unbelievably perfect fit, you couldn't have drawn it up any better, its an unselfish team with unreal chemistry that does it all and does it right, they dont bank on having a man, its a team driven mission oh and the core is only 29, 29, 27 and 27... unless losing a player to FA or to an injury GS is going ride on until they get age out.

This is solely MY opinion: I dont think getting Bron here gets us past GS, I believe he gives us a nice deep PO run however the same COULD "possibly" be said about PG here, the difference in the run wouldnt be much. That said since it is my opinion we aren't beating GS in the next 2 possibly 3 years I rather go with the younger of the two bucks, it gives us a longer run and less of a risk to be hit by father time, mileage or game changing injury(s). 

Again my opinion isn't about who is the better player yesterday or today... Im looking long term or simply longer.

Lastly I dont think a "main guy" beats GS, its going to take a total team, basically another form of GS or what SA had.

BTW Im not saying Im right, this is solely my opinion. 

Edited by LACAS, November 14, 2017 - 03:25 PM.

#7630 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,343 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 03:51 PM

"Possibly"

IMO it would honestly take the stars to align to beat GS I dont care of you get Bron or PG (getting both is another story) in fact it may take Bron going to OKC to join RW, PG and Melo... even then my money would be on GS.

The thing about GS is its an unbelievably perfect fit, you couldn't have drawn it up any better, its an unselfish team with unreal chemistry that does it all and does it right, they dont bank on having a man, its a team driven mission oh and the core is only 29, 29, 27 and 27... unless losing a player to FA or to an injury GS is going ride on until they get age out.

This is solely MY opinion: I dont think getting Bron here gets us past GS, I believe he gives us a nice deep PO run however the same COULD "possibly" be said about PG here, the difference in the run wouldnt be much. That said since it is my opinion we aren't beating GS in the next 2 possibly 3 years I rather go with the younger of the two bucks, it gives us a longer run and less of a risk to be hit by father time, mileage or game changing injury(s).

Again my opinion isn't about who is the better player yesterday or today... Im looking long term or simply longer.

Lastly I dont think a "main guy" beats GS, its going to take a total team, basically another form of GS or what SA had.

BTW Im not saying Im right, this is solely my opinion.

It will take a "total team" to beat GS but GS has KD and Steph who are both easily better than PG. The only way a team is beating them is if Bron is your best player or your entire starting lineup is allstars. PG as your best player means you would probably need 3 or 4 players of his caliber on the team as well. Because of the salary cap, that is nearly impossible unless 2 of those 4 are already on our team and on rookie deals.

OKC has PG, Melo and arguably the best PG in the nba and GS will easily beat them.

Even if we got PG and Cousins, we wouldnt even be the second best team in the West.

Edited by KidRN, November 14, 2017 - 03:54 PM.

#7631 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,299 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 03:58 PM

It will take a "total team" to beat GS but GS has KD and Steph who are both easily better than PG. The only way a team is beating them is if Bron is your best player or your entire starting lineup is allstars. PG as your best player means you would probably need 3 or 4 players of his caliber on the team as well. Because of the salary cap, that is nearly impossible unless 2 of those 4 are already on our team and on rookie deals.

OKC has PG, Melo and arguably the best PG in the nba and GS will easily beat them.

And this is why Im going with the younger buck who can be part of a longer run... we aren't beating GS with Bron or PG however PG is younger with 1/2 the mileage. 

RE: OKC I agree and this again is why I would prefer PG (if we're talking 4 years at max vs 4 years at max).

BTW Im banking on Zo, Ingram and Kuz.

Edited by LACAS, November 14, 2017 - 04:00 PM.

#7632 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,299 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 04:17 PM

On another note I really like Avery Bradley.

#7633 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,343 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 04:19 PM

And this is why Im going with the younger buck who can be part of a longer run... we aren't beating GS with Bron or PG however PG is younger with 1/2 the mileage.

RE: OKC I agree and this again is why I would prefer PG (if we're talking 4 years at max vs 4 years at max).

BTW Im banking on Zo, Ingram and Kuz.

I'm not making any decisions for our future based on Ingram or Ball. Neither look like anything special. There are players from Ingram's draft class and Ball's draft class that are outplaying them despite being drafted later than they were.

I'm not sure what the point is of being slightly above average for a long time but that is what it seems like you are aiming for. From a financial standpoint, that may be the best option for this team but as a fan all I care about is a championship.

I wont get excited about losing in the 2nd round or WCF for the next 5 years before having to rebuild all over again. I doubt we could build anything better than OKC currently has with just PG.

Our opinions differ due to the trust you have in our current young players. As far as I'm concerned, they are role players and nothing more. With that said, PG surrounded by role players in the West wont even get you past the 2nd round. Even with Cousins coming along as well, we'd need our young guys to play at an allstar level just to have a shot at GS.

Also, as long as Luke is here, I dont think it matters who is on this roster.

Edited by KidRN, November 14, 2017 - 04:23 PM.

#7634 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,299 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 04:42 PM

I'm not making any decisions for our future based on Ingram or Ball. Neither look like anything special. There are players from Ingram's draft class and Ball's draft class that are outplaying them despite being drafted later than they were.

I'm not sure what the point is of being slightly above average for a long time but that is what it seems like you are aiming for. From a financial standpoint, that may be the best option for this team but as a fan all I care about is a championship.

I wont get excited about losing in the 2nd round or WCF for the next 5 years before having to rebuild all over again. I doubt we could build anything better than OKC currently has with just PG.

Our opinions differ due to the trust you have in our current young players. As far as I'm concerned, they are role players and nothing more. With that said, PG surrounded by role players in the West wont even get you past the 2nd round. Even with Cousins coming along as well, we'd need our young guys to play at an allstar level just to have a shot at GS.

Also, as long as Luke is here, I dont think it matters who is on this roster.

Its still too soon to tell what we truly have in Ball and Ingram, TBD...

Im not aiming to be slightly better, Im aiming to build a team the right way and not look for an over night run that will end at GS.

I dont get excited losing ever, but whether we have Bron or PG the PO run will most likely end at the WCF... Regarding OKC I disagree, I think we COULD build a better TEAM, I dont like the fit nor the chemistry in OKC, I said this when the trade went down however its still very early and I could be dead wrong.

Our opinions differ and thats perfectly fine however its not due to my trust in the kids but more so my hope... Im hoping they pan out however their ages allows us time to ride out GS's dominance.

Luke ehhhhhhhh hard to tell... cant win the derby with ponies, too young and inexperienced but Ill agree his play calling and rotations have been suspect at times.

I think we differ on the timetable; you want to win now where as I dont think anything we do gets us past GS therefore Im looking to build a long term competitive product. 

Edited by LACAS, November 14, 2017 - 07:26 PM.

#7635 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,343 posts

Posted November 15, 2017 - 01:29 AM

Its still too soon to tell what we truly have in Ball and Ingram, TBD...

Im not aiming to be slightly better, Im aiming to build a team the right way and not look for an over night run that will end at GS.

I dont get excited losing ever, but whether we have Bron or PG the PO run will most likely end at the WCF... Regarding OKC I disagree, I think we COULD build a better TEAM, I dont like the fit nor the chemistry in OKC, I said this when the trade went down however its still very early and I could be dead wrong.

Our opinions differ and thats perfectly fine however its not due to my trust in the kids but more so my hope... Im hoping they pan out however their ages allows us time to ride out GS's dominance.

Luke ehhhhhhhh hard to tell... cant win the derby with ponies, too young and inexperienced but Ill agree his play calling and rotations have been suspect at times.

I think we differ on the timetable; you want to win now where as I dont think anything we do gets us past GS therefore Im looking to build a long term competitive product.

I dont think GS is unbeatable. If Cleveland could have gotten one more all star type player like PG while keeping Bron and Kyrie, they'd likely best GS.
  • LACAS likes this

#7636 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,214 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 15, 2017 - 07:50 AM

Im not sure that would be the case at all.  KD might be better than Lebron right now himself. 

I dont think GS is unbeatable. If Cleveland could have gotten one more all star type player like PG while keeping Bron and Kyrie, they'd likely best GS.

• MaceWindu and LACAS like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#7637 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,214 posts

Posted November 15, 2017 - 07:51 AM

GS is unbeatable right now.  2016 only happens due to a suspension and lost of a still capable Bogut.  Healthy CLE doesn't have the tools.

• MaceWindu and LACAS like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#7638 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,299 posts

Posted November 15, 2017 - 08:18 AM

Im not sure that would be the case at all.  KD might be better than Lebron right now himself. 

Agreed.

GS is unbeatable right now.  2016 only happens due to a suspension and lost of a still capable Bogut.  Healthy CLE doesn't have the tools.

Agreed.

#7639 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,214 posts

Posted November 15, 2017 - 01:46 PM

Lebron 2-3 seasons from now will likely still be a more impactful player than the best version of Paul George we've seen. 

• LACAS likes this

#7640 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,299 posts

Posted November 15, 2017 - 03:11 PM

Lebron 2-3 seasons from now will likely still be a more impactful player than the best version of Paul George we've seen. 

3 seasons from now is getting up there for Bron both in age and mileage but most likely true unless he gets hit with an impact injury which he is yet to have and hopefully wont have.

BTW 3 seasons from now Bron would be 35 years of age entering his 17th season... taking history into account, how many great 35-year olds with 17 seasons under their belt have there been? Im not disagreeing with you just a question.

Edited by LACAS, November 15, 2017 - 06:06 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)