#7601 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,334 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 09, 2017 - 03:00 PM

You sure it's him and not the team? I think dude just dropped 57 the other night

This is why I don't think he's slippn...

• GCMD and UKUGA like this

#7602 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,586 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted November 09, 2017 - 03:20 PM

Cavs are playing like [expletive] but LBJ has been LBJ, he just can't do it all by himself. Their defense really sucks.
  • GCMD and UKUGA like this

#7603 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,598 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 10, 2017 - 11:44 AM

No he hasnt. He is playing [expletive] D. Terrible. Kobe was pretty good offensively in his decline too.

In my opinion LeBron is where Shaq was after the 3peat. Not as injury prone but a stat stuffing force who cam get his numbers and still have his team lose. He needs to be on a team where a guy can run the whole offense and he be deployed as a weapon.

Randle if this who he is... at 22 with maybe Paul George instead of KCP and Lopez....with Ingram and Ball and Kuzma

Thats a growing team who can be in their primes minus George by the time GS becomes somewhat old
  • LakerGeezer and LACAS like this

#7604 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,682 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted November 10, 2017 - 01:28 PM

No he hasnt. He is playing [expletive] D. Terrible. Kobe was pretty good offensively in his decline too.

In my opinion LeBron is where Shaq was after the 3peat. Not as injury prone but a stat stuffing force who cam get his numbers and still have his team lose. He needs to be on a team where a guy can run the whole offense and he be deployed as a weapon.

Randle if this who he is... at 22 with maybe Paul George instead of KCP and Lopez....with Ingram and Ball and Kuzma

Thats a growing team who can be in their primes minus George by the time GS becomes somewhat old

BBIQ is spot on.  LBJ is filling up a stat sheet but he's not the same guy he was in Miami, especially on D.  If anything he needs MORE help than he had in Miami, because he's older and the competition is actually better.

I'd love to see a starting 5 next year of Ball, Kuzma, George, Cousins and a shooter, with Randle, Clarkson and Nance off the bench.

Edited by LakerGeezer, November 10, 2017 - 01:31 PM.

#7605 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,222 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 10, 2017 - 03:53 PM

Yea Lebron's defense has been ass since he's been back in CLE.  It doesnt help that the rest of the team can't defend worth a [expletive] either.  I do believe that he's still capable though.  With the way our young squad is playing defense he could add value just off of experience and know how alone.  

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#7606 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,586 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted November 10, 2017 - 04:44 PM

That whole team is playing awful D, Love at the 5 doesn't help either. Their chemistry is wrong now. I'm having my doubts about Cleveland this season. I know everybody thinks they will be in the finals no matter what, but don't be so sure of that. They're lucky to play in that [expletive]ty conference.
  • GCMD likes this

#7607 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,238 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted November 10, 2017 - 11:46 PM

Wouldn't mind stealing Skal from the Kings.

#7608 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,222 posts

Posted November 11, 2017 - 05:24 PM

What you plan on giving up? 

Wouldn't mind stealing Skal from the Kings.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#7609 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,238 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted November 11, 2017 - 06:28 PM

Idk

#7610 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,418 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 12, 2017 - 08:00 AM

Man...Nerlens Noel and/or his agent must be kicking themselves.  What was it 17 mil a year for 4 years he turned down?  Woof.    

#7611 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,222 posts

Posted November 12, 2017 - 10:57 AM

Not sure wtf Dallas is doing right now

#7612 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 26,140 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 12, 2017 - 01:24 PM

Very good chance lakers go after this guy 

Knicks are waiving forward Mindaugas Kuzminskas to make room for the return of Joakim Noah, league sources tell ESPN.

He is a shooter and could replace brewers mins. Doubt he's much of a defender but brewer isn't doing much at that end anyway.

#7613 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 26,140 posts

Posted November 12, 2017 - 01:25 PM

Man...Nerlens Noel and/or his agent must be kicking themselves.  What was it 17 mil a year for 4 years he turned down?  Woof.    

I think that rumor was untrue. 

#7614 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,381 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 12, 2017 - 04:03 PM

I heard announcers on mav game (other teams, cant remember who) say they couldn't believe he turned down 70 mil.

He was in the game at the time

Edited by kball, November 12, 2017 - 04:03 PM.

• UKUGA likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#7615 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 26,140 posts

Posted November 12, 2017 - 04:46 PM

I heard announcers on mav game (other teams, cant remember who) say they couldn't believe he turned down 70 mil.

He was in the game at the time

Nerlens Noel signs 1-year, $4.1 million QO to return to Mavs, league sources tell ESPN. Reported $17M "offer " was non-existent in any form.

It was rich paul(his agent) trying to net him a bigger contract. He was using journalists to spread fake rumors. 

#7616 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,367 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted November 12, 2017 - 08:13 PM

Chris Haynes 

@ChrisBHaynes

Nerlens Noel signs 1-year, $4.1 million QO to return to Mavs, league sources tell ESPN. Reported $17M "offer " was non-existent in any form.

It was rich paul(his agent) trying to net him a bigger contract. He was using journalists to spread fake rumors.

lmao

#7617 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,381 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 12, 2017 - 08:33 PM

I thought it was Dallas that offered him the deal and he waited too long so they pulled it?

Might be misremembering

(a word i didn't know existed until Roger Clemens used it in front of Congress. Now i hear it a lot)

Edited by kball, November 12, 2017 - 08:34 PM.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#7618 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,228 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted November 13, 2017 - 04:05 PM

I think the Lakers could use a true back-up PG. The entire offense looks pretty bad when the bench is on the court and I think they could benefit from a better play-maker on the court than Clarkson. Give Clarkson some of KCP's minutes at SG. I don't think he needs to be playing 33 minutes a game.

• UKUGA likes this

#7619 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,562 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 14, 2017 - 05:08 AM

Lebron is still great.  But, so was Kobe, right up until the moment when he ruptured his Achilles.

No reason to say no to Lebron, but you need to bring in someone else to carry the load in the event that Lebron goes down.

One positive is that Lebron probably won't demand a long-term deal.  He seems to like the control of playing on the shorter contracts.  If he starts demanding 4-year deals, then that could be reason for pause. 

As far as Cleveland goes, this thing might just be bad enough that Lebron feels as if he has no choice but to walk away.  IT may not play, and if they can't or won't make an in-season deal for a star, they look like a team that the Celtics will shred.  At that point, does Lebron prefer staying in Cleveland and seeing what they can patch together, or does he see the opportunity in LA, with a potential hand-picked teammate as being more compelling? 

Don't feed the trolls. 

#7620 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,334 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted November 14, 2017 - 06:16 AM

I know Ill get heat for this but given the choice Im taking PG over Bron this summer; Im taking youth and who has more left in the tank.

I also think PG is still young enough to grow with the kids.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users