7673 replies to this topic

#7561 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,941 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 03, 2017 - 07:21 AM

I thought he was a bad for when they picked him. He wasn't happy there from the jump

#7562 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 7,128 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted November 04, 2017 - 10:48 AM

Okafor no.

We’re actually just a max player from contending as 4-6 seat. Two max players? 2-4.

Just imagine. Next year, a more refined Ingram, bulkier Lonzo and Kuzma with a whole summer to work on their games.

"Busto Ball" - troll

#7563 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,779 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 04, 2017 - 11:22 AM

GCMD Ingram’s still a kid hasn’t grown into a mans body yet just be patient he’ll get there see the hunger in his eyes

#7564 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,779 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 04, 2017 - 12:16 PM

Sorry to spoil yer party but trust the front office relax it’ll happen always has

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, November 04, 2017 - 12:17 PM.

#7565 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,357 posts

Posted November 07, 2017 - 06:04 AM

GCMD Ingram’s still a kid hasn’t grown into a mans body yet just be patient he’ll get there see the hunger in his eyes

I have never said we should be impatient.  I was explicit in saying we should wait to see how he develops.  I stated my OPINION that I had not (at that point) seen anything to suggest he will make the necessary improvements to become a guy that attracts stars who want to win now.

Has Ingram, since then, done things that have excited me?  YES...absolutely YES.  I think it's got a lot to do with him changing how he's playing and increased his play within the flow of the offense.

I have never stated I was giving up on Ingram.  Not sure why being critical of him leads people to that conclusion...I can be critical of him while still having hope he succeeds.  It doesn't help the LAKERS for me to hope any of our players fail.

I have proven to have no allegiance to any one player.  I love the Lakers above all.  If you see me say something, remember to view it through that lens and that lens only.

Edited by GCMD, November 07, 2017 - 07:27 AM.

tenor.gif

#7566 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,418 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 07, 2017 - 09:00 AM

Remember when some people thought Okafor was going to be one of the best big men in the league one day and others thought his ceiling was Brook Lopez / Al Jefferson.  Turns out we were all wrong lol  

#7567 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,357 posts

Posted November 07, 2017 - 11:58 AM

Remember when some people thought Okafor was going to be one of the best big men in the league one day and others thought his ceiling was Brook Lopez / Al Jefferson.  Turns out we were all wrong lol  

Not sure you can make those claims given the team he was on and situation he was in.

Kuzma at Utah rings a bell.

I'd have no problem adding Okafor.  His skillset and the way this team is sharing the ball seems like a good match.  I could be wrong.

• LACAS likes this

tenor.gif

#7568 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,418 posts
  • Name:Ryan

Posted November 07, 2017 - 12:31 PM

I have no problem signing him to a minimum deal if he's bought out because there's no risk. My personal opinion is that his weaknesses as a player will prevent him from getting serious minutes no matter where he ends up. Philly mishandled him but regardless I don't see him as a starter. Gotta be able to defend or shoot and he does neither. If it's one thing we should thank Jim / Mitch for it's passing on him when a lot of people assumed we would take whatever big Minny didn't. At least Russell landed us Lopez, Kuzma, cap space. Philly is gonna end up giving Okafor away.
  • dazz likes this

#7569 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,669 posts

Posted November 07, 2017 - 10:15 PM

OKC now is at 4-6 with a bad loss at Sacramento. Unless they turn things around i think George is as good as gone.

• GCMD, Rekal and dazz like this

#7570 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,511 posts

Posted November 07, 2017 - 10:41 PM

OKC is gonna need time to adjust, but they're not looking good. I don't know how much better they can get considering they have no offensive system and run ISO plays for 48 minutes.

Look at Paul George's numbers...that's inexcusable. Donavon has to get his [expletive] together before he's shown the door...a lot of this is on him and his lack of a proper game plan on offense. No reason for that team to be 4-6 and lose to the teams they've lost to.

We could probably sell George on the fact that if he came here he'd average more than 19, would get his touches and would play in a system that finally maximized his abilities. We'd probably be better off with George then OKC would (still don't have a player as good as RWB, but as a TEAM), assuming our core keeps improving.

Barring an unlikely Finals trip, PG will be a Laker.

Edited by Massacre, November 07, 2017 - 10:42 PM.

• DanishLakerFan likes this

#7571 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,511 posts

Posted November 07, 2017 - 10:45 PM

Ball, George, Ingram, Kuzma, Lopez...I'm honestly good with this. You're running Lonzo and 4 potential shooters...assuming Ingram comes around by then and continues improving. If not, he's the worst shooter of the bunch and I'll take that all day every day.

Cousins + PG would be ideal, as would LeBron. He's obviously priority #1 for Magic/Rob.

The market for Lopez is going to be very thin. He can take the Room exception here with a promise for a large pay day in 2019, or go somewhere else and play for the MLE. Little teams with cap space, and yes we would retain Brook's bird rights meaning we can pay him in 2019. Whether we strike out on 2 max guys or not , I think he comes back. Unless it's Cousins we sign.

Edited by Massacre, November 07, 2017 - 10:48 PM.

#7572 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,669 posts

Posted November 07, 2017 - 10:50 PM

Ball, George, Ingram, Kuzma, Lopez...I'm honestly good with this.

Cousins + PG would be ideal, as would LeBron. He's obviously priority #1 for Magic/Rob.

The market for Lopez is going to be very thin. He can take the Room exception here with a promise for a large pay day in 2019, or go somewhere else and play for the MLE. Little teams with cap space, and yes we would retain Brook's bird rights meaning we can pay him in 2019.

Preaching to the choir, dude.

We could add George and still keep Randle and probably Lopez without having to do anything to the contracts of Clarkson and Deng, but if we did, we might even be able to keep KCP or make a run at Avery Bradley.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, November 08, 2017 - 10:27 AM.

#7573 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,357 posts

Posted November 08, 2017 - 05:23 AM

No problem with adding PG13 and trying to keep Randle but that's a fall back plan, not a legit 1st option.  LeBron is first on our list.  Nothing else matters until he tells us "no".

We are in the West.  The teams you're putting together are 2nd round exits for the foreseeable future.

• LakerGeezer likes this

tenor.gif

#7574 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,377 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 08, 2017 - 05:38 AM

Im starting to at least 'consider' a couple things the way guys are balling this year already and trying to project into the next couple years.

1. Does a combo of Randle and Kuzma make more sense than adding PG?  Especially if LBJ signs here next season.

2. Who would lakers most want to keep out of Clarkson, Randle and KCP?

3. Out of LBJ, BOOGIE and PG, i want them here in that order, with each having a good margin over the next guy

4. I'm 'starting' to believe Lopez could be our starting center next 3 years after this.

5. Not sold on Ball yet. I'd at least listen to offers until he cracks the top 10 in point guards

I've said this before, this teams identity in preseason and to start this season is more Kuzma than anyone else. along with an improving defense that gets me hopeful

Edited by kball, November 08, 2017 - 05:41 AM.

• DanishLakerFan and MaceWindu like this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#7575 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,357 posts

Posted November 08, 2017 - 11:10 AM

Im starting to at least 'consider' a couple things the way guys are balling this year already and trying to project into the next couple years.

1. Does a combo of Randle and Kuzma make more sense than adding PG?  Especially if LBJ signs here next season.

2. Who would lakers most want to keep out of Clarkson, Randle and KCP?

3. Out of LBJ, BOOGIE and PG, i want them here in that order, with each having a good margin over the next guy

4. I'm 'starting' to believe Lopez could be our starting center next 3 years after this.

5. Not sold on Ball yet. I'd at least listen to offers until he cracks the top 10 in point guards

I've said this before, this teams identity in preseason and to start this season is more Kuzma than anyone else. along with an improving defense that gets me hopeful

1.) No

2.) Randle

3.) LBJ, PG13, DMC...in that order

4.) Possible...if so, something went wrong.

5.)  No way, no how.  You don't trade top 3 picks in their rookie years, especially one that perfectly fits this offense and has franchise potential.  That would be crazy.

This identity is more Ball than anyone else.  Kuzma benefits from this offensive system and style, he doesn't create it.  Ball creates it and hasn't benefited a lot just yet.

Valid opinions...confusing rationale.

tenor.gif

#7576 dazz

dazz

• 1,199 posts

Posted November 08, 2017 - 12:57 PM

Preaching to the choir, dude.

We could add George and still keep Randle and probably Lopez without having to do anything to the contracts of Clarkson and Deng, but if we did, we might even be able to keep KCP or make a run at Avery Bradley.

How so? Lopez's cap hold's at a whopping $34M. If you want to keep him we're left with just 17M to spend, not enough for PG. And that's if we let Randle walk

Am I missing something here?

• GCMD likes this

hsl17b.jpg

#7577 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,598 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 08, 2017 - 01:12 PM

LeBron is slipping... he can get numbers but his impact on a game diminishing.
Boogie issa no

#7578 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,511 posts

Posted November 08, 2017 - 03:08 PM

How so? Lopez's cap hold's at a whopping $34M. If you want to keep him we're left with just 17M to spend, not enough for PG. And that's if we let Randle walk
Am I missing something here?

We can renounce Lopez and get rid of his cap hold. Re-sign for Room Exception on a 1-year deal and we retain full Bird Rights for summer 2019.

#7579 dazz

dazz

• 1,199 posts

Posted November 08, 2017 - 03:17 PM

We can renounce Lopez and get rid of his cap hold. Re-sign for Room Exception on a 1-year deal and we retain full Bird Rights for summer 2019.

If we renounce him it would take another 3 season before we get back his full Bird rights. Besides, do you honestly believe Lopez would sign a 5M, 1 year deal?

hsl17b.jpg

#7580 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,682 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted November 08, 2017 - 03:20 PM

LeBron is slipping... he can get numbers but his impact on a game diminishing.
Boogie issa no

I'm with you on the LBJ analysis.  If he were to come, he is 33 at the start of his contract.  That's 15 years of NBA wear and tear.  He is an "old" 33.  We might, might, get 1 or 2 solid years from him, and then we are in the Kobe scenario all over again- max aging superstar who is the team identity demanding win now moves from the FO. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)