7424 replies to this topic

#7401 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,234 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted September 30, 2017 - 09:29 PM

We are so spoiled that if an opportunity of the best player coming to us you guys will say no? Lol

#7402 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,918 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 02, 2017 - 11:19 AM

True, but not by much as the max contracts decrease as well.

Yep but that doesn't affect the only factor that we are concerned about heading into 2018 Free Agency which is the salary we need to shed to create those max slots.  This doesn't decrease and 2M off the cap is 2 more MIL we'd have to shave off.

35% Max guys will still get ~35M.

30% Max guys will still get ~30M.

The difference in their salaries from 103-101M cap is less than 2M combined.

The decrease on cap space doesn't affect them nearly as much as it affects how much we'd have left, which was at best around 9M if we stretched Deng and signed a 35/30 Max combo, the easiest route...that drops to 7.5-8M.

Like I said, makes it harder to resign Randle...unless he takes the QO.  Not likely but not impossible.

Edited by GCMD, October 02, 2017 - 11:21 AM.

tenor.gif

#7403 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,918 posts

Posted October 02, 2017 - 11:24 AM

We are so spoiled that if an opportunity of the best player coming to us you guys will say no? Lol

Unless it costs us a young player, no way I see Jeanie (head of marketing), Magic (President of Basketball Ops) and Luke (Head Coach) hesitating to bring LeBron in.

Fans can say what they want but if we have a chance to land LeBron and PG13, it's happening.  They will figure out the PR spin later (though it wouldn't like need much).

tenor.gif

#7404 rossf

rossf

Rookie

• 226 posts
  • Fan Since:'50s
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 02, 2017 - 03:18 PM

If LeBron wants to play for the Lakers, does anyone seriously believe he won't be playing for the Lakers?

• UKUGA likes this

#7405 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,537 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 02, 2017 - 10:34 PM

Yep but that doesn't affect the only factor that we are concerned about heading into 2018 Free Agency which is the salary we need to shed to create those max slots.  This doesn't decrease and 2M off the cap is 2 more MIL we'd have to shave off.

35% Max guys will still get ~35M.

30% Max guys will still get ~30M.

The difference in their salaries from 103-101M cap is less than 2M combined.

The decrease on cap space doesn't affect them nearly as much as it affects how much we'd have left, which was at best around 9M if we stretched Deng and signed a 35/30 Max combo, the easiest route...that drops to 7.5-8M.

Like I said, makes it harder to resign Randle...unless he takes the QO.  Not likely but not impossible.

While technically it is a bit harder to re-sign Randle this decrease in the cap isn't what is going to make the difference. When you take the smaller max deals into account, it's only a difference of about 800k.

The ability to re-sign Randle depend entirely on which FAs we are targeting, whether Deng is moved or stretched and whether Clarkson is moved.

E.g. If we sign Lebron and either George or Boogie, we need to reduce the 43M combined salary (and cap hold) of Randle, Deng and Clarkson by about 30M. So, if Clarkson and Deng are completely off the books, we can keep Randle. If not, we can't.

#7406 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,026 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 03, 2017 - 04:27 AM

Only guys on team I'm certain will be here next year are actually

Ball

Kuzma

Everyone else due to all the circumstances are maybe's or probably nots

• UKUGA and DanishLakerFan like this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#7407 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,431 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted October 03, 2017 - 05:14 AM

Ball

Kuzma

I'd limit that list to Ball.

The reasons we like Kuzma, are the same reasons other teams may covet him in any potential trade. 

Don't feed the trolls. 

#7408 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,093 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted October 03, 2017 - 06:56 AM

Ball
Kuzma

Kuzma has never even played a regular season nba game and Ball hasnt done anything special this preseason.

Why would Ingram not be on this team? It's not his contract year, he clearly has potential, and he's on a rookie deal.

#7409 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,026 posts

Posted October 03, 2017 - 07:35 AM

Kuzma has never even played a regular season nba game and Ball hasnt done anything special this preseason.

Why would Ingram not be on this team? It's not his contract year, he clearly has potential, and he's on a rookie deal.

Mostly because

1. He seems more a slasher than a shooter (great at former, terrible at latter)

2. His potential (which i agree he has) can net you the most in any trade team may consider

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#7410 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,537 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 03, 2017 - 09:57 AM

Ball

Kuzma

I think Ball is the only player that is a lock to be here one year from now since his game, style and leadership is what the Lakers have been looking for. As for the rest of the guys i think everything is up in the air with the log-jam in the frontcourt, Deng and Clarksons deals, Randle's free agency and potentially George and/or Lebron James or other FAs joining the team.

#7411 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,093 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted October 03, 2017 - 11:39 AM

Mostly because
2. His potential (which i agree he has) can net you the most in any trade team may consider

Ball would net us the most. At this point, Randle likely gets you a similar deal as Ingram would. I see no reason at all to deal Ingram. You wont get anything of value back and the guy has legit potential. Without a top 1-10 pick to attach to Ingram or any other player besides Ball, we wont get any good players back. Ingram at the most, gets you an old vet backup/barely starter or a 10-20 pick.

We need to rely on free agency. Only players that should be traded are Randle because his contract is up and we are losing him either and Deng for obvious reasons. Maybe Clarkson as well to free up a little more cap.

Edited by kidpolean, October 03, 2017 - 11:44 AM.

#7412 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,061 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted October 03, 2017 - 11:55 AM

Mostly because

What do you think we can get for Ingram that would be beneficial for us? I dont see us getting anything better then him just staying.

#7413 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,839 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted October 03, 2017 - 12:45 PM

http://hoopshype.com...tice-today/amp/

So apparently Chris Bosh was at the Laker practice today with Rob Pelinka...Go figure.

Edited by FranklinPeanuts, October 03, 2017 - 12:46 PM.

#7414 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,026 posts

Posted October 03, 2017 - 12:55 PM

What do you think we can get for Ingram that would be beneficial for us? I dont see us getting anything better then him just staying.

No idea really.

Just that i think he may be viewed around the league like laker fans see him at this point.

Lots of potential and improving.

And likely can make a talent jump faster when put on a team where he's overshadowed by an all star player or 2

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#7415 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,660 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 03, 2017 - 01:05 PM

Sources: Los Angeles Lakers hiring former NBA All-Star Antawn Jamison in scouting position.

• FranklinPeanuts and MaceWindu like this

#7416 rossf

rossf

Rookie

• 226 posts
  • Fan Since:'50s
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 03, 2017 - 05:49 PM

Mostly because

I don't know how Ball's going to hold up in the NBA, but he was obviously picked to be the center of the team, so it makes no sense to be thinking he's getting traded. He'd have to be ineffective enough that Magic loses all confidence in his potential.

I'm excited about how Kuzma looks, but it's way too early to say he's an NBA great at anything. It's also too early to say Ingram isn't going to be just what the Lakers want him to be.

I expect all these young players to be here next season, but I'm never certain about anything.

#7417 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 20,344 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 16, 2017 - 12:23 PM

Spurs' LaMarcus Aldridge has reached agreement on a three-year, $72.3M contract extension, league sources tell ESPN.

Deal includes partial guarantee in third-year, league sources tell ESPN.

Edited by Lakersfan1211, October 16, 2017 - 12:32 PM.

#7418 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 20,344 posts

Posted October 16, 2017 - 02:03 PM

Jabari Parker and Milwaukee Bucks ended talks, no deal. He'll enter restricted free agency in July, league sources tell ESPN.

Adrian Wojnarowski@wojespn 

More

Celtics and Marcus Smart were relatively close in talks at deadline, but he'll enter restricted free agency in July, sources tell ESPN.

Edited by Lakersfan1211, October 16, 2017 - 02:03 PM.

#7419 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 20,344 posts

Posted October 16, 2017 - 03:10 PM

Free agent forward Richard Jefferson is closing in on a one-year, $2.3M deal with the Denver Nuggets, league sources tell ESPN.

#7420 DeeZee

DeeZee

Starter

• 4,642 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe. Shaq.

Posted October 16, 2017 - 04:21 PM

Adrian Wojnarowski ✔@wojespn
Denver will likely waive guard Jameer Nelson to create a roster spot for Jefferson, league sources tell ESPN.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Alexa (1), Bing (3)