KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted July 16, 2017 - 04:51 AM

Not sure why we would let Black and Robinson go. But oh well

Because we are stacked at C and PF

We have Randle, Nance, Zubac, Bryant, Lopez, Kuzma, and Deng that all can either play the 4 or the 5

Bryant pretty much brings what Black does but with a jumpshot and everybody I just named is likely better than Robinson

#6782 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,431 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 16, 2017 - 10:05 AM

So how about:

Deng, Zubac, Nance, 2020 1st (protected) for D-Wade?

Hard to find a more ideal trade partner, imo. Deng is liked by the fans, they're rebuilding. Wade is expiring.

The Bulls FO isn't too bright but that's a stretch.  Zubac, Nance, and a future protected pick isn't worth swapping Wade for Deng.  They could do better or simply buy him out and use the cap savings in free agency next summer.  The Bulls may be rebuilding but asking them to take on 3 more years of Deng is going to cost more than that.  Reinsdorf is pretty cheap as well.  He can make bank in these lean years because their attendance is always the best regardless.  Harder to do with an albatross like Deng on the books.  If I was Chicago you'd have to substitute Randle for Nance just to get me to pick up the phone.     

Edited by lakerfan98, July 16, 2017 - 10:06 AM.

#6783 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted July 16, 2017 - 11:30 AM

Not factoring DWades Age or condition not good for a young team imo

#6784 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,235 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted July 16, 2017 - 01:59 PM

My thoughts on the players the Lakers are rumored to have shopped:

Jordan Clarkson:

I see him getting traded at some point before the trading deadline next year. He's not a core player. But, he's a decent player on a manageable contract. Dealing him can clear up more cap space for the Lakers. I can see the Lakers getting a minor asset along with an expiring contract for him.

Julius Randle:

I think it's 50/50 with him. His trade value is low right now and I think he can still get better, so I think it makes sense to wait until the trade deadline to deal him. If he plays well leading up to February, I think extending his contract could be part of a plan B. If not, just trade him for the best offer available.

Luol Deng:

The only way he may get traded is if the Lakers trade the next 1st round pick they can without any protections, and it has to be before 2018 free agency. The reason for that is the other team has to bank on that pick being a lottery pick. If the Lakers try to trade him during 2018 free agency, other teams will know the Lakers are doing it with commitments from key FAs and the chances of that pick being good greatly diminish.

I wouldn't do that trade. It's too great of a risk. Who knows what can go wrong and what players the Lakers may get with that pick? At least with the D'Angelo, the Lakers have already had him for 2 years and may have made a determination as to what kind of player he can be. IMO, I think a high lottery pick(with the right selection) in any good draft has better shot at being a future star than D'Angelo.

I know a lot of people here will disagree with my last comment. Tired of arguing about it though.

I see the Lakers keeping Deng for now, but are prepared to stretch his contract depending on if the Lakers need that cap space or not in 2018 free agency.

Edited by Japago, July 16, 2017 - 02:39 PM.

• DanishLakerFan likes this

#6785 DeeZee

DeeZee

Starter

• 4,642 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe. Shaq.

Posted July 16, 2017 - 05:27 PM

Michael Scotto @MikeAScotto
Sources: The Houston Rockets and Luc Mbah a Moute have agreed to a one-year, minimum deal. @ChrisBHaynes was first to report an agreement.

#6786 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,904 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 16, 2017 - 06:08 PM

WE

NEED

A

BACKUP

POINT

GUARD!!!

• lakersince75, Olabebeh and ChichoGarcy like this

#6787 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted July 16, 2017 - 06:48 PM

Speaking of which...

D Rose should sign with Spurs

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#6788 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,712 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted July 16, 2017 - 09:54 PM

The Bulls FO isn't too bright but that's a stretch.  Zubac, Nance, and a future protected pick isn't worth swapping Wade for Deng.  They could do better or simply buy him out and use the cap savings in free agency next summer.  The Bulls may be rebuilding but asking them to take on 3 more years of Deng is going to cost more than that.  Reinsdorf is pretty cheap as well.  He can make bank in these lean years because their attendance is always the best regardless.  Harder to do with an albatross like Deng on the books.  If I was Chicago you'd have to substitute Randle for Nance just to get me to pick up the phone.     

Well, it's not exactly 3 years. It's two years after Wade is off the books and they could just stretch him if they needed the money. But i dont think anyone sees the Bulls as a candidate to lure 3 major FAs. If that was the case, the Butler move was even more headscratching. 

I suspect they will be rebuilding (tanking) the next couple of seasons and try to collect assets. Zu and Nance are assets and the protection could be relatively light i.e. top 10, top 5, unprotected. Throw in their own 2nd rounder they owe the Lakers as well.  

#6789 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 17, 2017 - 06:42 AM

Because we are stacked at C and PF

We have Randle, Nance, Zubac, Bryant, Lopez, Kuzma, and Deng that all can either play the 4 or the 5

Bryant pretty much brings what Black does but with a jumpshot and everybody I just named is likely better than Robinson

Other than Randle, none of them are what I consider to be tough guys. Zubac is not going to pan out, Randle won't be offered Max money (gone), Lopez is a rental and Deng is Deng. But I understand what you mean. Just not feeling not having a Veteran Tough guy

• KidRN likes this

#6790 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 17, 2017 - 06:43 AM

KCP is the better fit. This deal makes no sense.

That's what I'm sayin. Damn a better fit. At this point KCP is a better player period

• KidRN likes this

#6791 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted July 17, 2017 - 09:57 AM

Other than Randle, none of them are what I consider to be tough guys. Zubac is not going to pan out, Randle won't be offered Max money (gone), Lopez is a rental and Deng is Deng. But I understand what you mean. Just not feeling not having a Veteran Tough guy

That's true

That's what I'm sayin. Damn a better fit. At this point KCP is a better player period

I was thinking this as well but out of respect for Wade's HOF career, I chose to use the word "fit" lol.

#6792 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,797 posts

Posted July 17, 2017 - 10:00 AM

And he plays "both" ends of the court! Go figure

#6793 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 761 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Lonzo Ball BBB!

Posted July 17, 2017 - 10:03 AM

Hmm still need a back up point , unless they're gonna go with JC and Ingram like they did at times last year.

Maybe they'll just use those 45 days of call-ups on Caruso as their back up PG plan? I'd think they'd want more of an everyday option though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Jackson likes this

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#6794 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted July 17, 2017 - 10:46 AM

Hmm still need a back up point , unless they're gonna go with JC and Ingram like they did at times last year.

Maybe they'll just use those 45 days of call-ups on Caruso as their back up PG plan? I'd think they'd want more of an everyday option though.

Tyler Ennis?

#6795 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 761 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Lonzo Ball BBB!

Posted July 17, 2017 - 10:57 AM

They waived him, haven't heard anyone claiming him yet though, maybe they can resign him.

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#6796 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,680 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 17, 2017 - 10:57 AM

Clarkson is our backup guard

#6797 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,797 posts

Posted July 17, 2017 - 01:27 PM

well BI looked great and Ball is the MVP at this point-allswell let's just get started

#6798 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,797 posts

Posted July 17, 2017 - 02:44 PM

No FP he was not using us but we have limited ourselves to one year deals so a longer deal is a better deal unless you factor winning, which I believe the LAL are way closer to than Sac

#6799 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,063 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 17, 2017 - 04:02 PM

lakersince75:  You answered your own question there, in the why let all of those guys go comment.  I think Clarkson will be next on the chopping block in a Deng deal around December.

#6800 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,550 posts

Posted July 17, 2017 - 04:30 PM

Clarkson is not that valuable. He can be moved by himself rather easily imo, but no team is going to take on north of $30M in salaries for multiple years.

Brooklyn or Chicago will take Clarkson for free, and you can stretch Deng for 5 years at $7M per season. That's $22M in immediate cap relief.
  • bfc1125roy likes this

8 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

FranklinPeanuts, Bing (1)