DeeZee

Starter

• 4,630 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe. Shaq.

Posted February 20, 2017 - 04:43 PM

Steve Kyler‏ @stevekylerNBA

They are trying - word is Wilson Chandler and Lou Williams on their radar

Mark Bruty‏ @MarkBruty
@stevekylerNBA hey Steve. Me again. Any more thoughts on OKC & what we might expect?

#22 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,474 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 20, 2017 - 04:51 PM

Steve Kyler‏ @stevekylerNBA

They are trying - word is Wilson Chandler and Lou Williams on their radar

Mark Bruty‏ @MarkBruty
@stevekylerNBA hey Steve. Me again. Any more thoughts on OKC & what we might expect?

Lou for westbrook lol

• DeeZee and kidpolean like this

#23 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,946 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted February 20, 2017 - 05:06 PM

How so? Butler is one of the best two way players in the league. We would be very lucky if any pick we have would turn into a player like him. Players like him also would attract FAs. Young rookies do not, they actual deter FAs.

The trade I proposed lets us keep Ingram,Russel, Nance, and Zubac. Possibly even Randle if the 2nd rounders are included instead.

I like Randle and Clarkson but neither are going to be all stars players most likely. Its also a very small chance any pick we would trade away would amount to much. The problem with picks is they seem very valuable right up until you make the draft pick. Then its a young prospect who statistically has a very good chance of being out of the league in a few years.

Butler, offensively, can't carry a team and he will be 28 going into next season. These are the two biggest reasons not to give up that many assets. This would almost force us to try to win now by making other moves as well or we run the risk of simply depleting our assets for a player that will be retiring or seriously declining when Russ/Ingram are in their primes.

In another words, if we get Butler, other trades will be necessary so that we could potentially compete with Russ/Ingram acting as role players. You can't make any other moves if you trade that much for Butler.

Edited by kidpolean, February 20, 2017 - 05:10 PM.

#24 DeeZee

DeeZee

Starter

• 4,630 posts

Posted February 20, 2017 - 05:10 PM

Marc Berman of the New York Post reported on Sunday that the odds are “heavily against” the Knicks trading Anthony by Thursday. Anthony has maintained that the team has not approached him about waiving his no-trade clause, and Berman’s sources say Carmelo would likely only consider accepting a trade to the Los Angeles Clippers or Lakers.

#25 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,946 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted February 20, 2017 - 05:12 PM

Marc Berman of the New York Post reported on Sunday that the odds are “heavily against” the Knicks trading Anthony by Thursday. Anthony has maintained that the team has not approached him about waiving his no-trade clause, and Berman’s sources say Carmelo would likely only consider accepting a trade to the Los Angeles Clippers or Lakers.

I'd offer them a second round pick lol.

#26 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,474 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 20, 2017 - 05:43 PM

Pistons aren't giving away Reggie Jackson, and while Magic GM Rob Hennigan loves Jackson, Orlando unlikely to get that deal done, I'm told.

#27 Listen2TheBeatt

Listen2TheBeatt

6th Man

• 849 posts
  • Name:Colin
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza

Posted February 20, 2017 - 06:10 PM

I wish we could convince OKC to take a trade package centered around D Russ for Russ Westbrook

Founder and CEO, Beatt Productions, LLC

Videographer for LakerNation.com & STNTV
Follow me on Twitter @Listen2TheBeatt

#28 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,420 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted February 20, 2017 - 06:29 PM

I wish we could convince OKC to take a trade package centered around D Russ for Russ Westbrook

OKC would never trade Westbrook unless Westbrook said he won't return.. slim to none chances

ap1.png

#29 DeeZee

DeeZee

Starter

• 4,630 posts

Posted February 20, 2017 - 06:38 PM

RealGM ✔ @RealGM
Jazz Testing Trade Market For Derrick Favors.

#30 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 768 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted February 20, 2017 - 06:39 PM

lol Russ for Westrbook

#31 Listen2TheBeatt

Listen2TheBeatt

6th Man

• 849 posts
  • Name:Colin
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza

Posted February 20, 2017 - 06:51 PM

lol Russ for Westrbook

1) I said I wish

2) I didn't say straight up

• Rekal likes this

Founder and CEO, Beatt Productions, LLC

Videographer for LakerNation.com & STNTV
Follow me on Twitter @Listen2TheBeatt

#32 DeeZee

DeeZee

Starter

• 4,630 posts

Posted February 20, 2017 - 07:00 PM

A first round pick would certainly be a deal the Lakers would have to look hard at, and most likely take, in exchange for Williams, who — even as good as he’s been — likely doesn’t figure into their long-term plans.

However, Lowe also wrote that the Wizards might be able to snag Williams for two second-round picks if they waited until closer to Thursday’s trade deadline, although it’s not clear if this is his (well-informed) opinion or a report.

#33 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,608 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted February 20, 2017 - 08:08 PM

I don't like giving up the pick, regardless of the stats, just a feeling.But Zu will be good for next season, Ingram too so a distributor would be great move Dlo to two, let's see how this pans out

#34 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,608 posts

Posted February 20, 2017 - 08:10 PM

Play poker with Wiz they "need" the player we want the pick hold out for 1st rounder Lous worth it his contract is friendly and he's prime time

#35 Ring Chaser

Ring Chaser

The Innovators

• 1,704 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Lonzo Ball

Posted February 20, 2017 - 09:00 PM

Jazz express interest in G Lou Williams; Lakers believed to be seeking first-round pick in return - Ian Begley

Give me Dante Exum and a 1st round pick and you got a deal.

• DeeZee likes this

"If you're going to lose, you have to lose because you can't be in the middle of the pack. You either have to be great or you have to be bad to get a good pick" - Earvin Magic Johnson

#36 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• LN Staff
  • 11,149 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted February 20, 2017 - 09:07 PM

Jazz Interested In Trading For Lou Williams

Lou+Williams+Los+Angeles+Clippers+v+Los+

Ian Begley, ESPN Staff Writer

Some members of the Utah Jazz front office have expressed interest recently in Lakers guard Lou Williams, ESPN sources say. Many around the league believe Williams is likely to be dealt before Thursday's trade deadline. Some teams who have talked to the Lakers about Williams believe Los Angeles is seeking a first-round pick in any Williams swap.

• DeeZee likes this

#37 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,608 posts

Posted February 20, 2017 - 09:50 PM

Yes hold out let the bid war begin

#38 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 8,147 posts

Posted February 20, 2017 - 10:06 PM

Trading Lou for a pick, and going after Cousins is at opposite sides of the spectrum. Talking trade with Kings for 48 hours was a desperation move? If not, how can the FO change the strategy by 180 degrees in such a short time? It wouldn't make sense.

It would only make sense if we are shipping Lou to get a 1st in return to pursue another Cousins-caliber player. And if there are other players involved in such multi-team trade, I guess that explains the holdout. I just hope we get rid of Mozgov or Deng in the process.

fXlFKv8.gif

#39 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,067 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 20, 2017 - 10:12 PM

Trading Lou for a pick, and going after Cousins is at opposite sides of the spectrum. Talking trade with Kings for 48 hours was a desperation move? If not, how can the FO change the strategy by 180 degrees in such a short time? It wouldn't make sense.

It would only make sense if we are shipping Lou to get a 1st in return to pursue another Cousins-caliber player. And if there are other players involved in such multi-team trade, I guess that explains the holdout. I just hope we get rid of Mozgov or Deng in the process.

Trading Lou for a pick doesn't necessarily mean we are going to package that pick in order to obtain a high caliber player.  The pick is an asset, but at the moment, there's very little reason to trade for a Star player like Cousins unless it's in the realm of a Kwame for Pau deal or something as lopsided as the Pelicans and Kings deal.

If we acquire an elite player like Butler, George, or anyone of that caliber, we'd simply rack up pointless wins that will damage our chances of retaining the pick.  Trade Lou in order to obtain more assets moving forward and let the season play out.  In regards to dumping Mozgov and Deng, that 1st rounder that would be acquired via the Lou deal would 100% have to be attached in any trade in order to dump them.

#40 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 8,147 posts

Posted February 20, 2017 - 10:16 PM

Lakers get: Jimmy Butler

Bulls get: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson, 2017 1st round pick from Utah (#23), 2019 Bulls' own 2nd round pick (that we acquired for Calderon)

Jazz get: Lou Williams

Maybe? That is a lot of asset in that package. IDK.

fXlFKv8.gif

7 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (3), venger, kball