1046 replies to this topic

#1 DeeZee

DeeZee

Starter

• 4,489 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe. Shaq.

Posted February 20, 2017 - 10:16 AM

Marc Stein ✔ @ESPNSteinLine
The Kings are expected to waive Matt Barnes to make the necessary roster room to complete the DeMarcus Cousins trade, league sources say.

#2 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,244 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 20, 2017 - 12:30 PM

REPORT: Butler is involved in the LAL - Bulls trade talk. Lou Williams, Jordan Clarkson, & Julius Randle have been brought up - MCW as well.

- ongoing discussion. Bulls have reportedly also begun talking with Lakers, after LAL's failed trade talks with SAC. Ingram is NOT involved.

#3 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 24,771 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 20, 2017 - 12:41 PM

Starting a new thread for the new year. I know its already February but might as well start this out fresh as the deadline is approaching. 

• DeeZee and kidpolean like this

#4 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 24,771 posts

Posted February 20, 2017 - 12:43 PM

Feels free to repost older tweets and update. Sorry for doing this all of a sudden but was getting confusing with the trade talk in last years FA thread. 

#5 kidpolean

kidpolean

All-Star

• 6,880 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted February 20, 2017 - 12:51 PM

REPORT: Butler is involved in the LAL - Bulls trade talk. Lou Williams, Jordan Clarkson, & Julius Randle have been brought up - MCW as well.
- ongoing discussion. Bulls have reportedly also begun talking with Lakers, after LAL's failed trade talks with SAC. Ingram is NOT involved.

As long as we don't give up Dlo, Ingram, or Zubac than I'm good.

What does Butler's contract look like? I'd rather offer the same package for PG or Drummond and see what those teams say.

Edited by kidpolean, February 20, 2017 - 12:58 PM.

#6 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 24,771 posts

Posted February 20, 2017 - 01:00 PM

As long as we don't give up Dlo, Ingram, or Zubac than I'm good.

What's Butlers contract look like? I'd rather offer the same package for PG or Drummond and see what those teams say.

Very good contract. He would be locked up for another 2 years after this season then has a player option.Every year is under 20 mill. 

PG would only be locked up for 1 more year after this season then he has a player option. Money is about the same. 

Drummond is locked up for 3 more seasons with a player option on the 4th. But its on average 25 mill a year. I think I'd rather risk it with Zubac and black for now. Especially because Drummond is so bad from he FT line. I love Drummonds game but just right now I'd rather not focus on him. Just my opinion. 

I think Butler makes the most sense. He could fill the SG role with Ingram at the 3. Our defense would be very good. 

This is the proposed trade right now it looks like. http://www.espn.com/...tradeId=hx3amgj I would have a hard time believing bulls would take it but bulls FO isn't exactly amazing and they don't seem to be on great terms with Butler. Im wondering if lakers could trade lou to wizards for 1st pick and we give the pick to bulls. That might be a better trade. 

• LakeShow1o1, Ventiquattro and kidpolean like this

#7 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 5,898 posts

Posted February 20, 2017 - 01:04 PM

I want Butler on this team really bad esp if it doesnt involve Russell or Ingram or heck even Zubac. 

Flipping lou for a 1st rounder while adding Randle and Clarkson is a good deal for the Lakers. Not so much for Bulls though.

#8 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 24,771 posts

Posted February 20, 2017 - 01:20 PM

This is what lakers need to do. Trade lou to wizards for 1st pick. Wait and see with the lottery and if lakers keep their 1st then the trade goes like this

Bulls

Clarkson

Lakers 1st pick

Wizards 1st pick

(Filllers to match salary)

Lakers 

Butler

If need be throw Randle in there too or the 2nd rounders we have. I think that would be plenty enough and fair for both sides. 

#9 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

All-Star

• 6,126 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 20, 2017 - 01:22 PM

Butler would really help us establish a defensive identity.  If Ingram pans out as expected, him and Butler would be an impressive defensive duo.

In terms of the Butler, George, and Drummon debate.  I'd rank it at follows.

Based upon talent and fit, I'd rank it George > Butler > Drummond

Reason:  George and Butler are neck to neck but I give George the offensive upside by a slightly wider margin.  Butler is the better defender but his inability to shoot the 3 ball at an above average rate is worrisome.  As for Drummond, he's the youngest, but he's not exactly the type of Center you can build around in this current era of basketball.

From a contract standpoint however, I'd take Butler over George.   

#10 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

All-Star

• 6,126 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 20, 2017 - 01:26 PM

This is what lakers need to do. Trade lou to wizards for 1st pick. Wait and see with the lottery and if lakers keep their 1st then the trade goes like this

Bulls

Clarkson

Lakers 1st pick

Wizards 1st pick

Lakers 

Butler

If need be throw Randle in there too or the 2nd rounders we have. I think that would be plenty enough and fair for both sides. 

If we keep our first round pick and it's top 2, I'm not trading it.  Butler is a great player, but I'd much rather do the currently discussed trade involving Clarkson, Randle, and Lou, then giving up Fultz or Ball.  It may sound outlandish but drafting and having flexibility with rookie contracts are key in team building with the way the CBA is constructed.  

#11 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,000 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted February 20, 2017 - 01:38 PM

I think this butler trade will go through, bye jc and randle

#12 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 24,771 posts

Posted February 20, 2017 - 01:40 PM

I think this butler trade will go through, bye jc and randle

Well the source doesn't seem to legit . https://twitter.com/TheMikeAdamle. More likely if butler is traded its to the celtics. 

#13 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,000 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted February 20, 2017 - 01:56 PM

Well the source doesn't seem to legit . https://twitter.com/TheMikeAdamle. More likely if butler is traded its to the celtics.

I would hope not, i prefer him here. Lol

I prefer your trade scenario

Edited by lildvl10, February 20, 2017 - 01:57 PM.

#14 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,174 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted February 20, 2017 - 02:25 PM

Bulls

Clarkson

Lakers 1st pick

Wizards 1st pick

Lakers 

Butler

Randle is way too much, you've already lost Lou and clarkson and now 2 first round picks, plus Randle?

I'd pass in a hurry. This isn't AD, or KAT or LeBron or Durant

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#15 kidpolean

kidpolean

All-Star

• 6,880 posts

Posted February 20, 2017 - 02:27 PM

Bulls
Clarkson
Lakers 1st pick
Wizards 1st pick

Lakers 
Butler

Hell No!!!

#16 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 24,771 posts

Posted February 20, 2017 - 02:28 PM

You guys do know that trades like Cousins almost never happen. The other team has to want the trade as well. 

• lildvl10 likes this

#17 kidpolean

kidpolean

All-Star

• 6,880 posts

Posted February 20, 2017 - 03:03 PM

You guys do know that trades like Cousins almost never happen. The other team has to want the trade as well.

I'm aware of that but Butler isn't worth 4 assets with one of them being a top 3 pick in a decent Draft class. I've said a million times that the only way we should make a deal is if it's a lopsided trade. What most teams want for their star simply isn't worth it at this point in our rebuild. I wouldn't give them our top 3 pick at all. I'd rather have Fultz than Butler due to the age of the rest of our roster.

Edited by kidpolean, February 20, 2017 - 03:08 PM.

#18 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 24,771 posts

Posted February 20, 2017 - 03:18 PM

I'm aware of that but Butler isn't worth 4 assets with one of them being a top 3 pick in a decent Draft class.

How so? Butler is one of the best two way players in the league. We would be very lucky if any pick we have would turn into a player like him. Players like him also would attract FAs. Young rookies do not, they actual deter FAs. 

The trade I proposed lets us keep Ingram,Russel, Nance, and Zubac. Possibly even Randle if the 2nd rounders are included instead.

I like Randle and Clarkson but neither are going to be all stars players most likely. Its also a very small chance any pick we would trade away would amount to much. The problem with picks is they seem very valuable right up until you make the draft pick. Then its a young prospect who statistically has a very good chance of being out of the league in a few years. 

#19 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 5,898 posts

Posted February 20, 2017 - 03:30 PM

Only way I'd trade the pick if it's done before the deadline or fultz is not available at 2 or 3.

#20 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 15,962 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 20, 2017 - 03:30 PM

Butler attracted Rondo and Wade(?).

Derozan might be better in terms of W%Ls

6 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

LACAS