#1 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,196 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 19, 2017 - 06:16 AM

If you had to move ONE of the following...

-Russell

-Clarkson

-Randle

Who would you move?

Why? 

What could you get back for him, what would you want back for him?

If you could move one of the two...

-Mozgov

-Deng

Who would you move?

Why? 

What could you get back for him, what would you want back for him?

Edited by LACAS, February 19, 2017 - 06:26 AM.

#2 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,912 posts

Posted February 19, 2017 - 06:45 AM

Randle and Mozgov.

Randle/Lou/Nick could be moved to a contender looking for bench help and a young player.  Ideally, you get a pick, even if it's a late 1st...or a future 1st from a bad team.  What we need is an athletic glue guy type...not sure we are going to get that for these guys but that's what I'd be looking for.  If not, I'd be ok with a good passing BIG (4 or 5) who can hit the 3.

Mozgov would likely be another salary dump...in fact, we'd likely have to give him to another team AND send them the pick from the first trade to take him.  I'd be looking for an expiring contract or a 2nd round pick in return.

None of it likely happens but you asked.

• LACAS likes this

tenor.gif

#3 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,196 posts

Posted February 19, 2017 - 10:40 AM

Exactly the two I would move: Randle and Moz. 

• GCMD likes this

#4 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,013 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted February 19, 2017 - 01:48 PM

Only one from each group?

A lot will depend if the Lakers keep their draft pick.  If they do and they wind up with an actual point guard, I deal Russell quicker than I can blink.  If not, I'd still look into dealing Russell first because his perceived value is higher than the others.  I don't see a leader or a premiere guy in Russell at all.  I see Nick Van Exel 2.0 (and that's not a compliment).  Randle is a decent role player kind of player, and I don't think Clarkson will yield you much whatsoever.

Mozgov first and foremost.  But either or would be nice to ship out.

#5 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,319 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 19, 2017 - 02:33 PM

I would move Russell. Only if we get the first or second pick. If we land Ball or Fultz I try to trade Russell to Orlando for Fournier. Then see if we can get Oubre from Washington for Lou. Go into the offseason with a line up of Fultz or Ball/ Fournier/ Ingram/ Randle/ Zubac. With Oubre coming off the bench with clarkson.

#6 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,091 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted February 19, 2017 - 02:35 PM

I would move Russell. Only if we get the first or second pick. If we land Ball or Fultz I try to trade Russell to Orlando for Fournier. Then see if we can get Oubre from Washington for Lou. Go into the offseason with a line up of Fultz or Ball/ Fournier/ Ingram/ Randle/ Zubac. With Oubre coming off the bench with clarkson.

why on earth would you trade Russell for Fournier?

I don't understand how that improves this team long term

Edited by kidpolean, February 19, 2017 - 02:36 PM.

• Jody Smokes likes this

#7 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,509 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 19, 2017 - 04:14 PM

Trade to make a trade.

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#8 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted February 19, 2017 - 07:09 PM

😂😂

#9 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,116 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 19, 2017 - 07:13 PM

Only one from each group?

A lot will depend if the Lakers keep their draft pick.  If they do and they wind up with an actual point guard, I deal Russell quicker than I can blink.  If not, I'd still look into dealing Russell first because his perceived value is higher than the others.  I don't see a leader or a premiere guy in Russell at all.  I see Nick Van Exel 2.0 (and that's not a compliment).  Randle is a decent role player kind of player, and I don't think Clarkson will yield you much whatsoever.

Mozgov first and foremost.  But either or would be nice to ship out.

Shipping out Russell makes no sense even if we were able to draft Fultz or Ball.

Who do you have in mind if you were to deal Russell?

#10 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,013 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted February 19, 2017 - 07:32 PM

Don't know how one can say it doesn't make sense when they don't know who the Lakers could possibly get in return.

I haven't given it thought as to who.  I'm not sure who is available, what player is looking to leave where, or what organization is looking to deal who.  I just don't see this All-Star leader kind of guy in Russell that everyone sees.  I don't find him vital to the future of the team whatsoever.

So by your assessment Russell is an untouchable player, no matter what, on this team?

#11 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,116 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 19, 2017 - 09:15 PM

Don't know how one can say it doesn't make sense when they don't know who the Lakers could possibly get in return.

I haven't given it thought as to who.  I'm not sure who is available, what player is looking to leave where, or what organization is looking to deal who.  I just don't see this All-Star leader kind of guy in Russell that everyone sees.  I don't find him vital to the future of the team whatsoever.

So by your assessment Russell is an untouchable player, no matter what, on this team?

Nowhere in my post did I say Russell was untouchable.

However, dealing him so early into his career at this current stage is tremendously undervaluing his worth.  Your argument makes no sense either being that you want to trade Russell but also have no idea what we'd get in return nor do you even have an idea of what you'd want.  You simply want to deal him because he doesn't pass your eye-test.

• JGuez, lildvl10 and Jody Smokes like this

#12 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,319 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 19, 2017 - 10:33 PM

Are Ball or Fultz better PGS than Russell? Emphasis on PG. If they are and we keep the pick that knocks Dlo out of the PG relm. Then the next question would be is do you think Russell will be a better SG than Fournier?

Edited by JayTheGreat, February 19, 2017 - 10:42 PM.

#13 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,091 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted February 19, 2017 - 11:05 PM

Are Ball or Fultz better PGS than Russell? Emphasis on PG. If they are and we keep the pick that knocks Dlo out of the PG relm. Then the next question would be is do you think Russell will be a better SG than Fournier?

Russell will be a better EVERYTHING than Fournier. That trade is horrendous!

Ball isn't a better prospect than Russell. You guys have simply seen way more of Russell and what he can do at the pro level. Russell in college was right there with both of these guys. I might give Fultz the slight edge though. You don't give up prospects like Russell for a career role player.

#14 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,194 posts

Posted February 20, 2017 - 07:21 AM

Russell will average 25-8-5 per36 in 4 years. That is the kind of player he is.

fXlFKv8.gif

#15 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,196 posts

Posted February 20, 2017 - 09:10 AM

I havent given up on Russ yet, however for the right piece I may consider moving him, making this easier would be having landed Fultz or Ball.

BI is off limits for me. 

#16 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,761 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 20, 2017 - 06:37 PM

He's averaging 19/7/6 per 36 right now. Those numbers would go up even more if he was a bit more efficient. 

• JGuez likes this

#17 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,017 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted February 21, 2017 - 04:20 AM

Honestly, if Russell cuts down on turnovers and steps up his defense, he's going to be a solid to spectacular player.

Problem is the game comes too easy for him and he doesn't look like he's serious (yet) about making big jumps in areas of his game that this team needs RIGHT NOW.

He may not want to be here, or he may not be that kind of player that improves in big ways from season to season. Yet to be determined.

Hope he gets it together cause i like watching him when he's balling and offhand, I think he's the Lakers best passer since Magic

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#18 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,135 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 21, 2017 - 07:39 AM

Well he's already avg 20/6/5 at 36 so sure...troll away

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#19 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,135 posts

Posted February 21, 2017 - 07:40 AM

It's funny to see people want to trade the youth for players that are older on teams that are barely better than the Lakers right now in the standings and aren't even close to contention. 

• MaceWindu and kidpolean like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#20 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,135 posts

Posted February 21, 2017 - 07:42 AM

I'd argue that Russell is flat out better than Fournier now at SG or PG.  Not even sure if that even matters. 

• kidpolean likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users