Photo

Looking back at 2014 and Isaiah Thomas

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,635 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted February 04, 2017 - 12:24 PM

I wouldnt! The defense now is weak. Look at the scoring number around the league. Harden dominated the league by simply flopping on every drive.

ESPN's NBA analysts say NBA teams have improved their defense compared to the previous era lol.

#42 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,940 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted February 04, 2017 - 01:53 PM

ESPN's NBA analysts say NBA teams have improved their defense compared to the previous era lol.

ESPN says crazy stuff all the time

#43 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,198 posts

Posted February 04, 2017 - 08:37 PM

All you have to do is look at the numbers inflation this season to know that defense has not improved.

I'm pulling this out of my ass but I feel like this season has to have the largest number of 20ppg scorers ever. I feel like almost every team has 2-3 of them
Posted Image

#44 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted February 04, 2017 - 08:52 PM

I think the biggest thing is the infatuation and acceptance of the three pointer. Guys are shooting it more willingly, from further out and earlier in the shot clock. That helps players score more because obviously 3 is more than 2 but it also forces the defense to pick you up further than usual and nowadays the lineup has shooting from 1-5 which opens up the floor more for great drivers. In the case of IT he has almost completely taken the midrange shot out of his game and is either going all the way in or pulling up from deep.

On a side note this exact reason is why I'm so impressed with what Westbrook is doing in OKC, he's not hitting a lot of threes and his team has very little spacing on the floor so he has to work harder to get into the paint. Of course having the ball every play helps but still impressive lol

Edited by stillshining, February 04, 2017 - 08:54 PM.

#45 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted February 11, 2017 - 05:09 AM

I think the biggest thing is the infatuation and acceptance of the three pointer. Guys are shooting it more willingly, from further out and earlier in the shot clock. That helps players score more because obviously 3 is more than 2 but it also forces the defense to pick you up further than usual and nowadays the lineup has shooting from 1-5 which opens up the floor more for great drivers. In the case of IT he has almost completely taken the midrange shot out of his game and is either going all the way in or pulling up from deep.

On a side note this exact reason is why I'm so impressed with what Westbrook is doing in OKC, he's not hitting a lot of threes and his team has very little spacing on the floor so he has to work harder to get into the paint. Of course having the ball every play helps but still impressive lol

Its one big Friggin MDA league!!!

#46 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,240 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted February 16, 2017 - 10:29 AM

I'm with Jodie. I'm not mad that we missed out on him, I'm just upset that the FO didn't even throw him an offer considering how much interest he had expressed in potentially joining and at such a cheap rate (Thomas is a huge Laker and Kobe fan incase some didn't know).

On the other hand, he isn't a player that you build around. He's more so a missing piece that you acquire in order to solidify your squad. Despite the amazing scorer that he is, I see him being the 3rd best player on a championship contender in todays era. Either way, I'm happy for the guy, just wish he wasn't wearing that Celtic Green haha.

#47 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,240 posts

Posted February 16, 2017 - 10:31 AM

I agree esp with that color they wear ugh, MJ wasn't taken so there's always what ifs. I still can't believe we got Pau for nothing

#48 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,240 posts

Posted February 16, 2017 - 10:31 AM

As long as Isaiah Thomas keeps it up, he is essentially this generations Iverson - just not as flashy.

Iverson was able to lead a piss poor Philly team to the finals and managed to beat Kobe and Shaq once in the finals. He also kept Philly in contention for a while and they were competitive with him and I'm pretty sure he could've won a ring if his head was on correctly.

#49 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,240 posts

Posted February 16, 2017 - 10:32 AM

Keep in mind the Lakers swept and were waiting around for days to get started and had rust in the first game after that see ya drive home safe

#50 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,626 posts

Posted February 17, 2017 - 09:49 AM

Its one big Friggin MDA league!!!

Unfortunately, the Lakers ousted him out for Walton; someone who could potentially be worse than D'Antoni.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users