FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,840 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 31, 2017 - 09:52 PM

The W
A few take a ways but it's a W

Edited by FranklinPeanuts, February 01, 2017 - 04:18 AM.

#83 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,001 posts

Posted January 31, 2017 - 09:53 PM

We matched our win total of last year lol

#84 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted January 31, 2017 - 09:54 PM

Nice game by Zubac. Would've liked to see more PnR with him and Russell but thats certainly coming.

• Olabebeh likes this

#85 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,323 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 31, 2017 - 09:55 PM

I will go out on a limb and say we have a gem in Zubac. I would make him and Zubac run pick and roll drills in practice beginning to end. They can be a deadly duo.

#86 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 31, 2017 - 09:58 PM

Russell and Zubac and Young have quite a great chemistry between the 3 of them.  The hard screens from Zubac help a LOT.  Mozgov did it early in the season too but we got away from that as a team.  With Zubac we started running those a bit more and it was a great game and opening for our 1-2 and 5.    

Fantastic game to watch and some good tape for us to go over in practice and the film room. 

• LakeShow1o1 and Olabebeh like this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#87 Olabebeh

Olabebeh

Rookie

• 629 posts
  • Name:Rafael
  • Fan Since:92
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant / Magic Johnson

Posted January 31, 2017 - 09:59 PM

Russell and Zubac can be a deadly duo... Russell finally has someone that can set a proper screen but at the same time roll and finish.

I also think D'Angelo will play mutch better when Zubac is in, we saw some glimpses of what they can do in the summer league and even on this game, the chemistry is there, another player who i think will be great to play with Zu is Larry Nance, but we will see, i just hope Luke give more minutes to Zu and let him play with D'Angelo more often.

#88 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted January 31, 2017 - 10:00 PM

I will go out on a limb and say we have a gem in Zubac. I would make him and Zubac run pick and roll drills in practice beginning to end. They can be a deadly duo.

Its scary that Zubac is still not 100% conditioning wise. Yeah he lost some fat but with more burn he should be able to move lighter than this.

Once he get acclimated and play consistently he'll be an asset as a roll/pop player.

He has nice potential for J's, soft hands to finish at the rim , sets good screens and he sees the floor enough to dish it out to the sides.

• Majesty and LakeShow1o1 like this

#89 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,579 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup

Posted January 31, 2017 - 10:04 PM

Nancy has been a no show since coming back. Any issues with his revovery?

#90 M.X.M.

M.X.M.

@WeCarpeDiem

• 3,855 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted January 31, 2017 - 10:05 PM

We have 7 games left until the all star game.

If we go 3-4 that would be great.

IG: @WeCarpeDiem 

Twitter: @WeCarpeDiem

#91 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,323 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted January 31, 2017 - 10:07 PM

Its scary that Zubac is still not 100% conditioning wise. Yeah he lost some fat but with more burn he should be able to move lighter than this.

Once he get acclimated and play consistently he'll be an asset as a roll/pop player.

He has nice potential for J's, soft hands to finish at the rim , sets good screens and he sees the floor enough to dish it out to the sides.

He will be a monster when he get some more grown man muscle. I swear he reminds me of Bynum without the injuries. The touch around the rim, the footwork, and the rim protection.
  • LakeShow1o1 likes this

#92 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight got traded for the ends of the white🍞& an 🍊

• 8,740 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted January 31, 2017 - 10:10 PM

giphy.gif

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#93 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted January 31, 2017 - 10:11 PM

He will be a monster when he get some more grown man muscle. I swear he reminds me of Bynum without the injuries. The touch around the rim, the footwork, and the rim protection.

IDK. Everything about him screams M.Gasol.

I've seen many comparisons thrown around in the league but this to me accurate af.

#94 Olabebeh

Olabebeh

Rookie

• 629 posts

Posted January 31, 2017 - 10:24 PM

If only D'Angelo could put that effort every night, not talking about the points and assists, but the effort he showed this game playing D being active and so on, completely different Russel i saw today, keep it comming young fella.

#95 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,150 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 31, 2017 - 10:26 PM

At this point, with how soft his touch is, I actually see a pretty high sealing in that regard.  I knew his offensive touch was there since Summer League, but to see that he has incorporated a floater-esque type of shot into his repertoire will make him deadly off the pick and roll.  His defensive ability may not reach Marc's level, but his soft touch around the rim is looking a lot like Andrew Bynum if you ask me.

If Zubac continues to put in the work, the sky is literally the limit.  Haven't been excited about a Laker big man prospect like this since Drew.  Soft touch, relatively mobile, sticks to the fundamentals of the game, and knows his role.  Hell I even saw him making alot of correct reads passing the ball out when the defense collapsed.

#96 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted January 31, 2017 - 10:28 PM

If only D'Angelo could put that effort every night, not talking about the points and assists, but the effort he showed this game playing D being active and so on, completely different Russel i saw today, keep it comming young fella.

Honestly, this is the same Russell ive seen after his first injury.

#97 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,001 posts

Posted January 31, 2017 - 10:32 PM

October 2015 Wins: 0
October 2016 Wins: 1

November 2015 Wins: 1
November 2016 Wins: 9

December 2015 Wins: 4
December 2016 Wins: 2

January 2016 Wins: 3
January 2017 Wins: 5

#98 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted January 31, 2017 - 10:34 PM

October 2015 Wins: 0
October 2016 Wins: 1

November 2015 Wins: 1
November 2016 Wins: 9

December 2015 Wins: 4
December 2016 Wins: 2

January 2016 Wins: 3
January 2017 Wins: 5

Byron didnt get a fair chance. Wins have increased every month through the season and what did management do? fire him. It doesnt seem like Mitch and co care about this team anymore.

#99 Olabebeh

Olabebeh

Rookie

• 629 posts

Posted January 31, 2017 - 10:39 PM

Honestly, this is the same Russell ive seen after his first injury.

I disagree we don't see this Russel every night, Playing D like he did today, mutch more active in both ends, no way, i watch every Laker game and the lack of consistency is his biggest problem.

#100 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted January 31, 2017 - 10:44 PM

I disagree we don't see this Russel every night, Playing D like he did today, mutch more active in both ends, no way, i watch every Laker game and the lack of consistency is his biggest problem.

Well consistency from game to game is an issue for him, as is most young players.

If you meant playing both ends: I dont know what he did tonight on defense: Yeah had a block, tried to contest shots after recovering from screens but thats about it. Nelson in fact blew by him couple of times. Whatever good he did, I'm not gonna give him credit for defending Nelson lol.

• Olabebeh likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users