14 replies to this topic

#1 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Superstar

• 7,842 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 26, 2017 - 10:56 PM

So NY are done with the Melo experiment and want do build around Porzingis, which of course is the way to go.

Melo has a no-trade clause and would probably only go to certain teams, such as Cavs, Clips, GS etc.

How about this:

Chicago gets: Melo

Why? They get rid of Rondo, give up two rookies that hardly plays in Valentine and Zipser and they give up Mirotic who is up for an extension. In terms of on-court value its basically swapping Mirotic for Melo.

Lineup: MCW - Wade - Butler - Melo - RoLo with Grant-Canaan-McBuckets-Taj off the bench.

NY gets: Rondo, Mirotic, Valentine, Zipser.

Why? Get to start over from the Melo-era. Rondo is told to behave or stay away or perhaps bought out. Mirotic is the starting 4 alongside Porzingis and they take a flyer on two young wings in Valentine and Zipser.

Lineup: who cares as long as Porzingis is starting at the 5.

You could add a few extra players into the deal in order to give Chicago a better shot at success in the playoffs (O'Quinn and Lee, perhaps), as well as try to turn MCW and/or Grant into an actual starting caliber PG (that can shoot), but the basic blueprint is Melo for Rondo+young players.

Thoughts?

#2 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

All-Star

• 5,964 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 26, 2017 - 11:24 PM

So NY are done with the Melo experiment and want do build around Porzingis, which of course is the way to go.

Melo has a no-trade clause and would probably only go to certain teams, such as Cavs, Clips, GS etc.

How about this:

Chicago gets: Melo

Why? They get rid of Rondo, give up two rookies that hardly plays in Valentine and Zipser and they give up Mirotic who is up for an extension. In terms of on-court value its basically swapping Mirotic for Melo.

Lineup: MCW - Wade - Butler - Melo - RoLo with Grant-Canaan-McBuckets-Taj off the bench.

NY gets: Rondo, Mirotic, Valentine, Zipser.

Why? Get to start over from the Melo-era. Rondo is told to behave or stay away or perhaps bought out. Mirotic is the starting 4 alongside Porzingis and they take a flyer on two young wings in Valentine and Zipser.

Lineup: who cares as long as Porzingis is starting at the 5.

You could add a few extra players into the deal in order to give Chicago a better shot at success in the playoffs (O'Quinn and Lee, perhaps), as well as try to turn MCW and/or Grant into an actual starting caliber PG (that can shoot), but the basic blueprint is Melo for Rondo+young players.

Thoughts?

This trade makes no sense...

The Knicks would essentially be helping the Bulls become a top 5 team in the Eastern Conference while essentially getting nothing in return.  Rondo will leave after his contract expires, Mirotcic is a poor, homeless, starving mans Porzingis (and is a RFA after this year), and Valentine and Zisper are below average prospects.

The most bang for their buck would be trying to deal him to the Clippers for Blake if that is somehow feasible or even to a team like the Thunder maybe?

Edited by LakeShow1o1, January 26, 2017 - 11:25 PM.

#3 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,004 posts
  • Name:Ryan

Posted January 26, 2017 - 11:30 PM

I don't know.  Off the bat I'd say it's not enough value for Melo but now there are rumors that the Knicks are willing to take Clippers scraps for him.  It essentially boils down to Mirotic and Valentine for Melo and if I'm the Knicks I'd rather just keep him.  

#4 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Superstar

• 7,842 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 11:33 PM

This trade makes no sense...

The Knicks would essentially be helping the Bulls become a top 5 team in the Eastern Conference while essentially getting nothing in return.  Rondo will leave after his contract expires, Mirotcic is a poor, homeless, starving mans Porzingis (and is a RFA after this year), and Valentine and Zisper are below average prospects.

The most bang for their buck would be trying to deal him to the Clippers for Blake if that is somehow feasible or even to a team like the Thunder maybe?

The Bulls could throw in a lottery protected first rounder, but beggars cant be choosers and the situation with Melo is borderline toxic.

#5 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

All-Star

• 5,964 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 26, 2017 - 11:47 PM

The Bulls could throw in a lottery protected first rounder, but beggars cant be choosers and the situation with Melo is borderline toxic.

As the Knicks, I'd have to exhaust all options lol.  I just don't think thats enough.  The protected first rounder wouldn't be much considering they'd have a trio of Wade, Butler, and Melo.

If I'm the Thunder, I'd give the Knicks a call and offer Kanter + Oladipo for Melo + Lee or something.  Imagine OKC with the following lineup.

Melo isn't the same player he was.  However, in the right situation, I think he's still one of the best scorers in the league.

Another great trade destination are the Celtics...

Melo + pieces for Jaylen Brown, the Nets pick(s), + pieces.

Edited by LakeShow1o1, January 27, 2017 - 01:06 AM.

#6 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted January 27, 2017 - 01:35 AM

Aren't they trying to just get rid of Melo right now

#7 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 5,734 posts

Posted January 27, 2017 - 08:45 AM

Melo's market value is lower than you guys think..

• Mr Terrific likes this

#8 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

• 3,004 posts

Posted January 27, 2017 - 12:20 PM

As the Knicks, I'd have to exhaust all options lol.  I just don't think thats enough.  The protected first rounder wouldn't be much considering they'd have a trio of Wade, Butler, and Melo.

If I'm the Thunder, I'd give the Knicks a call and offer Kanter + Oladipo for Melo + Lee or something.  Imagine OKC with the following lineup.

Melo isn't the same player he was.  However, in the right situation, I think he's still one of the best scorers in the league.

Don't think OKC would part with Oladipo but Kanter and a filler and a future pick might be enough.  Kanter is out 6-8 weeks though.

As for the Celtics they don't seem to be interested but if they were the salaries would have to match.  Not exactly obviously but Boston doesn't have enough room to take Melo and just give up Brown and the Nets pick.  Maybe in the summer they'll have the space to absorb his contract but frankly if I'm Boston I wouldn't trade what could very likely be the #1 pick in the draft for Melo never mind Brown on top of that.  Brown + Smart is the absolute most I'd offer.  Honestly, probably not even Smart lol.  Brown and Zeller maybe, although that would leave Boston super thin at center.  Brown, Rozier, and a second rounder.              

#9 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight! The Falcons Got Turned Into Atlanta Fried Chicken

• 8,539 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted January 27, 2017 - 03:59 PM

Every tired of melo & la la land

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#10 Jackson

Jackson

Hall Of Fame

• 9,454 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 27, 2017 - 04:29 PM

Looks like Melo is headed to the Clippers soon.

#11 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Hall Of Fame

• 9,939 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 27, 2017 - 05:06 PM

Looks like Melo is headed to the Clippers soon.

Word?

#12 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Superstar

• 7,842 posts

Posted January 27, 2017 - 09:53 PM

I agree that Knicks should try to exhaust every option, but i dont think there are that many options to chose from. I actually though about that Kanter+Oladipo for Melo+Lee, which would be a solid deal from NY point of view and also something the Thunder could consider.

HOw about this:

NY get: Smart, Amir, Boston's 2017 pick (lottery protected)

LAC get: Melo+Crowder

Celtics get: Blake, Pierce

#13 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

• 3,004 posts

Posted January 28, 2017 - 09:47 AM

I agree that Knicks should try to exhaust every option, but i dont think there are that many options to chose from. I actually though about that Kanter+Oladipo for Melo+Lee, which would be a solid deal from NY point of view and also something the Thunder could consider.

HOw about this:

NY get: Smart, Amir, Boston's 2017 pick (lottery protected)

LAC get: Melo+Crowder

Celtics get: Blake, Pierce

Boston doesn't have a 2017 pick.  They can swap picks with the Nets, which they will definitely do but it means Brooklyn gets their pick.  Next year they have their own pick and the Nets pick.  

#14 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 8,539 posts

Posted February 01, 2017 - 08:41 PM

He's real Melo on D

16406796_10100190252141311_1784637913073

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#15 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 8,539 posts

Posted February 11, 2017 - 02:22 PM

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)