• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#161 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,198 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 11:03 PM

And let me just make it clear again.

Randle is up for a contract next season. Russell, Nance Jr, and Zubac in two seasons.

The Lakers will not be paying $120m+ for a development team. Well, maybe South Bay Lakers would if Joey robs a bank but not Los Angeles Lakers.

fXlFKv8.gif

#162 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,198 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 11:12 PM

Tonight Nikola Jokic torched Suns for 29 points 14 rebounds 8 assists. He has 26 PER in the season, and in January averaging 23.4ppg 10.8rpg 4.6apg on 61.0 fg%

Don't you just look at him and say damn that kid is also 21 years old. Why don't we have a player like him after 3 lottery picks and 4 years of youth investment?

He also gets 26 minutes in the season. But let me tell you. All those minutes are earned.

Edited by Tensai, January 26, 2017 - 11:14 PM.

fXlFKv8.gif

#163 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,180 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 26, 2017 - 11:23 PM

FIrst of all, Randle is just a year and a half younger than Nance Jr.

Second, Nance Jr is so much better at long range, it just hurts to point out.

He is a better defender, positive presence on and off the court. And yeah he doesn't [expletive] to his coaches about his mistakes either. That's a bonus.

The irony.

A year and a half between Randle but he's about 3-4 years older than Russell.

How is Nance's long range jumper much better... The guy barely even takes any.  I'm pretty sure his sample size for jumpers beyond 20+ feet this year is below 100.

No he is not the better defender, Julius has more potential in all areas of the game in comparison to Nance and I'm not even that big on Randle...

You seem to have personal grudges against players due to their personality traits rather than their actually ability on the floor...

#164 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,180 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 11:27 PM

And let me just make it clear again.

Randle is up for a contract next season. Russell, Nance Jr, and Zubac in two seasons.

The Lakers will not be paying $120m+ for a development team. Well, maybe South Bay Lakers would if Joey robs a bank but not Los Angeles Lakers.

Again... for the billionth time.  If you don't want to pay them an X amount of money, who would you realistically trade them for?

All I ever see you do is state so and so shouldn't be a Laker, but you provide no clue or hint as to what type of deal or transaction should take place.

Tonight Nikola Jokic torched Suns for 29 points 14 rebounds 8 assists. He has 26 PER in the season, and in January averaging 23.4ppg 10.8rpg 4.6apg on 61.0 fg%

Don't you just look at him and say damn that kid is also 21 years old. Why don't we have a player like him after 3 lottery picks and 4 years of youth investment?

He also gets 26 minutes in the season. But let me tell you. All those minutes are earned.

I look at it and say, damn, Jokic is a stud, the Nuggets were fortunate to find such a gem in the 2nd round at 41 overall.  Great scouting on their behalf.  40 other teams missed out and passed up on him that night thinking he wouldn't develop into much.  It just goes to show that regardless of stats, analytics, and all the info scouts have on players, they still make the wrong calls at times.  

This is one of the many beauties of professional sports...

Edited by LakeShow1o1, January 26, 2017 - 11:29 PM.

#165 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,198 posts

Posted January 27, 2017 - 01:42 AM

A year and a half between Randle but he's about 3-4 years older than Russell.

How is Nance's long range jumper much better... The guy barely even takes any.  I'm pretty sure his sample size for jumpers beyond 20+ feet this year is below 100.

No he is not the better defender, Julius has more potential in all areas of the game in comparison to Nance and I'm not even that big on Randle...

You seem to have personal grudges against players due to their personality traits rather than their actually ability on the floor...

Nance Jr. is 15/37 (.405) from 16-23ft this season and he was 31/77 (.403) last season. Randle is 18/45 (.400) from 16/23ft this season.

Not sure how you can maintain the face to continue this discussion tbh tbf.

fXlFKv8.gif

#166 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,198 posts

Posted January 27, 2017 - 01:45 AM

Again... for the billionth time.  If you don't want to pay them an X amount of money, who would you realistically trade them for?

All I ever see you do is state so and so shouldn't be a Laker, but you provide no clue or hint as to what type of deal or transaction should take place.

This proposition is so silly it makes me cringe. I'm not the GM, nor has the power to see through pseudo trades I can produce here. Like Kobe said in 2007, we need to do something and we need it now.

fXlFKv8.gif

#167 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,180 posts

Posted January 27, 2017 - 02:07 AM

Nance Jr. is 15/37 (.405) from 16-23ft this season and he was 31/77 (.403) last season. Randle is 18/45 (.400) from 16/23ft this season.

Not sure how you can maintain the face to continue this discussion tbh tbf.

.405 v. .400 = so much better at long range?  That's not even a single percentage difference buddy.  Not sure how you managed to acquire a high school diploma let alone a PhD.

This proposition is so silly it makes me cringe. I'm not the GM, nor has the power to see through pseudo trades I can produce here. Like Kobe said in 2007, we need to do something and we need it now.

Why is it that in every discussion you somehow manage to bring up Kobe as if he's some type of defense mechanism?  It's a new era of basketball with an entirely different landscape and CBA.  The Lakers aren't even close to the position they were in when Kobe requested for moves to be made... Hell they don't even have a star like Kobe to start with... 

How is this proposition silly? You're always throwing out trade ideas such as Randle for a future 1st rounder... now that is a silly proposition...

Edited by LakeShow1o1, January 27, 2017 - 02:13 AM.

#168 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,198 posts

Posted January 27, 2017 - 02:17 AM

He is better. He's been consistently shooting over 40% in that range since last year. Randle has been here for one more year than Jr. and we are still waiting for him to spread the floor. Laughable.

Bringing up Kobe isn't defensive argument, it is the change in the mentality here after 10 years. In no way or shape Laker fans should accept a development as a replacement for success. Developing two young players? 3? Fine. 6? Hell no. There were even some attached to Anthony Brown here and didn't want to let him go for his defensive "potential". SMH.

Edited by Tensai, January 27, 2017 - 02:19 AM.

fXlFKv8.gif

#169 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,180 posts

Posted January 27, 2017 - 02:25 AM

He is better. He's been consistently shooting over 40% in that range since last year. Randle has been here for one more year than Jr. and we are still waiting for him to spread the floor. Laughable.

Bringing up Kobe isn't defensive argument, it is the change in the mentality here after 10 years. In no way or shape Laker fans should accept a development as a replacement for success. Developing two young players? 3? Fine. 6? Hell no. There were even some attached to Anthony Brown here and didn't want to let him go for his defensive "potential". SMH.

Too small sample size for both.  Nance has only taken a combined 114 shots from between 16-23 feet in two seasons so that proves nothing.  Randle is entering his 3rd year but was out essentially his entire rookie season incase you forgot...  Again if you're really going to argue that .405 is significantly greater than .400, you're on one.

The Lakers fans better learn how to accept development because you can't have success without it.  I'm not sure what perfect world you live in where everything is rainbows and butterflies but this is reality buddy.  Even with Kobe we suffered for nearly a decade after Shaq left to the point where Kobe had to publically request a trade...

No one here was attached to AB, now you're just pulling stuff out of your buttox... 

PLEASE, if you want to get rid of our youth, show me some trade ideas,  because silly propositions like this one aren't gonna cut it.

142u0xy.png

Edited by LakeShow1o1, January 27, 2017 - 02:38 AM.

#170 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,201 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted January 27, 2017 - 04:14 AM

You're basing all this on more young talent in hopes of getting a star. Every year, for the last couple, folks have been saying the same thing, it hasn't happened yet. I am not saying that it won't. It's a broken record. "I'd rather tank, keep the pick, we are years away anyway and lets draft the player thst will help tirn it around". I am personally tired of that same mentality.
Folks place high hopes I'm draft picks, they don't pan out like ppl want them too, the start knee jerk trade scenarios l, scream busy and say "tank again". For real? But, wait let's compare to other teams that have or did or are doing it. It works for them, right?
Look, any smart GM would dangle a pick to see what they could get and or unload for it. Disagree if you want, I don't really care.

It's Mitch that will disagree not me. He's already disagreed with you 3 years in a row!

#171 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,198 posts

Posted January 27, 2017 - 04:14 AM

Randle is taking only 9.9% of his shots from there while Larry is taking 25% of his shots from that range. It is obvious who is more confident and have the long range in his game.

Excuse machine at work.

I'm not sure what perfect world you live in where everything is rainbows and butterflies but this is reality buddy.  Even with Kobe we suffered for nearly a decade after Shaq left to the point where Kobe had to publically request a trade...

It is not rainbows and butterflies, we are #2 worst. Hello. Lol. Hence the point.

And I seriously question your memory or ability to select what you want argue. The time from Shaq leaving to Kobe requesting a trade was way less than Kobe's Achilles rupture to now. Again, thank you for provng my point again.

fXlFKv8.gif

#172 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,079 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 27, 2017 - 05:25 AM

I agree, he's very sharp, the basketball IQ is there without a doubt as well as the ability to crash the boards and make hustle plays.  HOWEVER, he's easily one of the worst post defenders on this team and the fact that he never even looks to take a jumper beyond 12 feet really inhibits the offense in terms of spacing and coverage.

I'm a Nance fan, I just don't get why some people on here can boast and brag about him but trash on Randle, Russell, and Clarkson when they all have noticeable flaws in their games.  Of course some more than others.

Mostly because without a superstar (or 2) the flaws of every player are magnified for what they are.

Whereas when playing with great players who dominate games, especially if team is winning, the flaws of lesser important players are covered up better

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#173 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,079 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 27, 2017 - 05:32 AM

I look at it and say, damn, Jokic is a stud, the Nuggets were fortunate to find such a gem in the 2nd round at 41 overall.  Great scouting on their behalf.  40 other teams missed out and passed up on him that night thinking he wouldn't develop into much.  It just goes to show that regardless of stats, analytics, and all the info scouts have on players, they still make the wrong calls at times.  

This is one of the many beauties of professional sports...

Ummm...aren't there only 30 teams?

And one got him.

So 29 teams then

• LakeShow1o1 likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#174 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,180 posts

Posted January 27, 2017 - 06:30 AM

Ummm...aren't there only 30 teams?

And one got him.

So 29 teams then

Yeah I didn't state it correctly.

Thanks for the correction.

#175 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,180 posts

Posted January 27, 2017 - 06:38 AM

Randle is taking only 9.9% of his shots from there while Larry is taking 25% of his shots from that range. It is obvious who is more confident and have the long range in his game.

Excuse machine at work.

It is not rainbows and butterflies, we are #2 worst. Hello. Lol. Hence the point.

And I seriously question your memory or ability to select what you want argue. The time from Shaq leaving to Kobe requesting a trade was way less than Kobe's Achilles rupture to now. Again, thank you for provng my point again.

Just because Randle takes an X amount of shots from mid range compared to Nance's X amount doesn't mean one is more confident than the other... The numbers are skewed because Randle takes so many shots near the rim... You're literally clueless.  

Julius Randle

FGA (Last Season) = 835

FGA (This Season) = 454

Larry Nance

FGA (Last Season) = 300

FGA (This Season) = 159

Randle's shot attempts in this season alone nearly equates to Nance's shot attempts throughout his entire career... 454/459

The time may have been shorter but the fact of the matter is WE HAD KOBE then... after Shaq left, he was the most dominate player in all of basketball.  Even with the greatest player at the time placing up historic numbers game in and game out, we weren't even able to scratch the second round which only proves my argument as well as others...

It's not about having a single Star.  What's more important in today's era is having a cohesive unit consisting of several All-Star caliber players which is what the Lakers are hoping to develop...  If you were to trade Russell, Randle, and Clarkson away for a perrenial All-Star, you'd simply be a middle of the pack team hoping to somehow get to the second round of the playoffs.  

Edited by LakeShow1o1, January 27, 2017 - 06:54 AM.

• Majesty and Ventiquattro like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users