Los Angeles Lakers vs Utah Jazz - Thursday 1/26/17 7:30pm

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#141 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,282 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 10:05 PM

Lmao didn't u suggest trading randle for a future pick ?

I would. It would bring a way to plug a need, and open up the way for other players to develop now.

fXlFKv8.gif

#142 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,282 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 10:06 PM

Ingram

Zubac

Nance Jr.

Russell ?

Randle ?

Clarkson ?

fXlFKv8.gif

#143 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 6,351 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted January 26, 2017 - 10:06 PM

Odds on when Luke starts Zubac? I say soon after All-Star break. Tough loss but yet another game where the bench outplays the starting lineup. 

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#144 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,437 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted January 26, 2017 - 10:07 PM

I would. It would bring a way to plug a need, and open up the way for other players to develop now.

Didn't we just get beat by a team that developed 4 of their 5 starters?

Edited by kidpolean, January 26, 2017 - 10:07 PM.

#145 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,566 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 10:09 PM

This is too painful to endure. Gotta prep for CFA exam on june and we'll have to see if the Lakers do keep the pick and who'd they draft. June cant come soon enough.

#146 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,063 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 26, 2017 - 10:11 PM

Sign and trades will be more important than ever.

The draft ain't the only way.

When Utah wins a ring, your point will be proven.  A regular season win or a playoff appearance won't cut it.

#147 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,566 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 10:12 PM

This is a terrible idea. Randle's position doesnt overlap with the others so basically there's nothing to open up to. We havent seen much from this group as a whole to know the identity of this team.

Both of us know that this wont happen, and I doubt any sane GM would handle this situation by trading Randle for a future pick.

• KidRN likes this

#148 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,437 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 10:13 PM

Who is sign and trading a star? Draft is the way to go. Only stars you could possibly get are disgruntled ones and how often does that happen? If your trading for role players, than you're still relying on the draft to provide the stars!

Edited by kidpolean, January 26, 2017 - 10:14 PM.

#149 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,566 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 10:14 PM

When Utah wins a ring, your point will be prove.  A regular season win or a playoff appearance won't cut it.

That wasnt his point. 

#150 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,247 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 26, 2017 - 10:18 PM

Ingram ✓

Zubac ✓

Nance Jr. ✓

Russell ?

Randle ?

Clarkson ?

Why are Nance and Zubac checked off and the bottom 3 not included?...

Zubac is still tremendously raw and although he has shown alot of upside, there's nothing set in stone just yet.  I'm a huge fan of his as well but to check him off but not Russell, Randle, or Clarkson makes no sense.

Also with Nance... he's a high flying act and knows how to hustle on the boards but outside of that, his game overall is subpar.  He' a terrible post defender and doesn't contain a single ounce of confidence in his shot.  He's also 24 years of age, that's 3-4 years older than Randle and Russell.  

Your analysis of players and the game of basketball in general is so off...

Edited by LakeShow1o1, January 26, 2017 - 10:18 PM.

• kball and KidRN like this

#151 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,437 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 10:19 PM

Why are Nance and Zubac checked off and the bottom 3 not included?...
Zubac is still tremendously raw and although he has shown alot of upside, there's nothing set in stone just yet.  I'm a huge fan of his as well but to check him off but not Russell, Randle, or Clarkson makes no sense.

Also with Nance... he's a high flying act and knows how to hustle on the boards but outside of that, his game overall is subpar.  He' a terrible post defender and doesn't contain a single ounce of confidence in his shot.  He's also 24 years of age, that's 3-4 years older than Randle and Russell.  

I chose to just ignore that one
  • LakeShow1o1 likes this

#152 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,566 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 10:26 PM

Nance has been impressive. Sharp passes, sets good screens and plays with intensity. Doesnt look like someone who's been out for a while.

Still, I hate him for his hesitance to take open shots. Been an issue since last year. 

Edited by Ventiquattro, January 26, 2017 - 10:26 PM.

#153 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,247 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 26, 2017 - 10:28 PM

Nance has been impressive. Sharp passes, sets good screens and plays with intensity. Doesnt look like someone who's been out for a while.

Still, I hate him for his hesitance to take open shots. Been an issue since last year. 

I agree, he's very sharp, the basketball IQ is there without a doubt as well as the ability to crash the boards and make hustle plays.  HOWEVER, he's easily one of the worst post defenders on this team and the fact that he never even looks to take a jumper beyond 12 feet really inhibits the offense in terms of spacing and coverage.

I'm a Nance fan, I just don't get why some people on here can boast and brag about him but trash on Randle, Russell, and Clarkson when they all have noticeable flaws in their games.  Of course some more than others.

Edited by LakeShow1o1, January 26, 2017 - 10:29 PM.

#154 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,282 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 10:42 PM

FIrst of all, Randle is just a year and a half younger than Nance Jr.

Second, Nance Jr is so much better at long range, it just hurts to point out.

He is a better defender, positive presence on and off the court. And yeah he doesn't [expletive] to his coaches about his mistakes either. That's a bonus.

The irony.

fXlFKv8.gif

#155 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,282 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 10:45 PM

Top 3 pick + Russell + Randle + Clarkson = 2 Allstars or 1 Allstar + 1 borderline allstar

It is just obvious which package is better now and for future. Don't think the FO will entertain hanging onto these kids when any of Butler, George, Cousins etc. are available. And they will be. They always do.

Edited by Tensai, January 26, 2017 - 10:46 PM.

fXlFKv8.gif

#156 fido

fido

• 15,063 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 10:47 PM

Look for stars wanting to get out of their current situation.  Don't look for ones comfortable with where they are.

Expand your view.

• Tensai likes this

#157 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,982 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted January 26, 2017 - 10:48 PM

You'd give up Ball/Fultz just to get rid of a contract that will be up in 3 years when we'd realistically won't be able to compete til then anyway?

Mozgov hasn't played well but I'm not sure why we are in such a hurry to shed his contract.

You're basing all this on more young talent in hopes of getting a star. Every year, for the last couple, folks have been saying the same thing, it hasn't happened yet. I am not saying that it won't. It's a broken record. "I'd rather tank, keep the pick, we are years away anyway and lets draft the player that will help turn it around". I am personally tired of that same mentality.

Folks place high hopes in draft picks, they don't pan out like ppl want them too, then start knee jerk trade scenarios, scream bust and say "tank again". For real? But, wait let's compare to other teams that have or did or are doing it. It works for them, right?

Look, any smart GM would dangle a pick to see what they could get and or unload for it. Disagree if you want, I don't really care.

Edited by FranklinPeanuts, January 27, 2017 - 08:18 AM.

• fido and Tensai like this

#158 fido

fido

• 15,063 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 10:49 PM

"I'm a Nance fan, I just don't get why some people on here can boast and brag about him but trash on Randle, Russell, and Clarkson when they all have noticeable flaws in their games.  Of course some more than others."

Mix and match the names in this sentence anywhere and it proves that this team is anything but set at a position or in a good spot to develop into anything but a low playoff seed.

Again, more youth ain't the answer.  Get the pick (which at this pace the Lakers will) and dangle that thing like steak in a shark tank.

• Tensai likes this

#159 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,282 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 10:58 PM

It is nice to look at the conference we are in.

- Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, Jazz, Thunder

In playoffs for at least another 3 years.

- Clippers

Playoff team as long their big 3 sticks together

Then the battle royale comes in.

- Denver, Portland, Minnesota

Those 3 all have young core, AND they are further along in development process.

So that is 9 teams. How are we supposed to crack this with this youth thing? This just means 3-4 years of lottery ahead.

No, lol no. Lakers ain't gonna miss the playoffs 8 years in a row invested in bunch of kids. Get real people.

fXlFKv8.gif

#160 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight got traded for the ends of the white🍞& an 🍊

• 8,759 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted January 26, 2017 - 10:59 PM

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users