46 replies to this topic

#41 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,086 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted February 01, 2017 - 05:01 AM

I don't like how Lebron responds to criticism. Yes Barkley can be annoying, but he's speaking the truth and criticizing Lebron's basketball, not his personal life. How much more help do you need, Lebron ? He doesn't have the right to take cheap shots at Barkley like that. Lebron has a far better basketball resume, he could've easily put Barkley in his place by comparing basketball achievements, but no he decided to take jabs at him about his lifestyle off the court. That's kinda childish to me. Didn't expect that from a vet like Lebron. And all those dickriders who say "there's a new sheriff in town" oh [expletive] please .. Lebron is starting to act like a queer again .. 

P.S. They still gonna make the Finals though. East is weak as usual ..

You're kidding right?

Or have you missed this world we live in now with the internet and social media where everyone is entitled to take shots at everyone else all the time 24/7

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#42 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,809 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 01, 2017 - 05:54 AM

You're kidding right?

Or have you missed this world we live in now with the internet and social media where everyone is entitled to take shots at everyone else all the time 24/7

No, I'm not kidding. These ain't some wack rappers who diss each others mommas on facebook and instagram, or some other washed up celebrity who lives off social media. These are professional athletes who are role models. A lot of people look up to them. Read my post one more time please, I don't have anything against Lebron taking shots at Barkley I just don't like the kind of shots he took, that's all. Lebron could've stayed a professional and keep the argument "on the court", but instead he went out of bounds and started dissing Barkley about his gambling in Vegas and some other personal stuff, which simply wasn't necessary. 

• martin90 likes this

#43 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,326 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 01, 2017 - 07:49 AM

You're kidding right?

As a grown man its certain lines you don't cross. Barkley is a [expletive]tard but he kept it professional. That's like when KG said something about LaLa to Melo when they were playing against each other. Now you went outside basketball and it's time to throw hands.

#44 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 01, 2017 - 09:14 AM

I don't like how Lebron responds to criticism. Yes Barkley can be annoying, but he's speaking the truth and criticizing Lebron's basketball, not his personal life. How much more help do you need, Lebron ? He doesn't have the right to take cheap shots at Barkley like that. Lebron has a far better basketball resume, he could've easily put Barkley in his place by comparing basketball achievements, but no he decided to take jabs at him about his lifestyle off the court. That's kinda childish to me. Didn't expect that from a vet like Lebron. And all those dickriders who say "there's a new sheriff in town" oh [expletive] please .. Lebron is starting to act like a queer again .. 

P.S. They still gonna make the Finals though. East is weak as usual ..

He went personal because he couldn't deny or disprove anything Barkley was saying. So he went personal instead.   Kind of like when you throw facts at a troll so they start insulting you instead of staying on topic to get attention away from the fact you're right.  LeBron is very good at that when criticism is sent his way, except this go around, he can't call Barkley a racist, though he randomly did throw in Phil Jackson and the 'posse' comment for whatever reason that had nothing to do with what was being discussed. But again, as he couldn't disprove, or deny anything Charles was saying, he went low bridge personal instead. 

• Saber likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#45 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,174 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted February 01, 2017 - 09:51 AM

Well what is evident is that Phil Jackson is fresh in LeBron James mind.
  • Majesty likes this

#46 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted February 01, 2017 - 01:51 PM

James crossed the line BIG time. He does deserve to protect his name when it's challenged in the public, but there was  ZERO reason for him to bring up Charles personal dealings like that. James has a fragile ego. James wants a stacked roster every year and thinks missing finals will hurt his legacy. Shut the [expletive] up lebron.

• Saber, Majesty and JayTheGreat like this

ap1.png

#47 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,198 posts

Posted February 01, 2017 - 07:19 PM

That's a very interesting statement.  Who do you see making it out of the East?  Cause I personally think even without Love in the equation, the Cavs would still be in the Finals...

Are you paying attention to the rest of the East right now?

Nobody is capable of beating CLE in a 7 game series.

Toronto is very much capable of taking down Cleveland in ECF. I think they will add one more piece before the trade deadline to strengthen their position. In any case, my comment wasn't about other teams. It is just that Cleveland isn't looking unbeatable at all. And Lebron is the main reason IMO. We will see.

fXlFKv8.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users