Photo

LeBron James publicly demanding moves from front office

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,158 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 25, 2017 - 03:05 PM

http://www.espn.com/...rs-front-office

Been at it for a week now. I just don't see how much more the front office can do with all that money committed to LeBron/Kyrie/Love/Thompson.

#2 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,487 posts

Posted January 25, 2017 - 03:32 PM

Quit crying Bron.

Cavs have no pieces to move around right now and their cap is tied up to guys like TT/JR who you lobbied for. Every roster has a weakness in this league, and yours just so happens to be rim protection and play making. Tough luck. The only way for CLE to improve this is to move a significant piece, or pick up scraps and vets at the deadline.

Edited by Massacre, January 25, 2017 - 03:33 PM.

#3 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,197 posts

Posted January 25, 2017 - 04:53 PM

Lebron should have known better when he advocated massive deals for Tristan Thompson and JR Smith.

It is quite hilarious actually.

• Majesty and kball like this

fXlFKv8.gif

#4 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,063 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 25, 2017 - 05:13 PM

Wish we had their problems

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#5 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,063 posts

Posted January 25, 2017 - 05:14 PM

Lebron should have known better when he advocated massive deals for Tristan Thompson and JR Smith.

It is quite hilarious actually.

Both training camp and partial pre season holdouts too if i recall?

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#6 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 948 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted January 25, 2017 - 06:19 PM

LeBron never has enough help huh

#7 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted January 25, 2017 - 07:15 PM

It's obvious the Warriors upgrading got to him and is making him insecure about his roster. I'm sure the organization is really shocked that he'd question whether they're being complacent or not, like they haven't been spending historic amounts of cap space these couple of years lol.

#8 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,555 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 25, 2017 - 10:53 PM

As great as he is Lebron is such a [expletive]ing baby sometimes. He has to shoulder some of the blame for the financial situation they're in, which makes it difficult to add talent.

If they have to do something, i think they have to move either Love or TT.

#9 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,057 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 25, 2017 - 11:02 PM

LeBron is correct, they do need help.

All big name players do this, including several Lakers through the years.

The bizarre LeBron hate rears its head again.
  • bigvee, The Big Fish and kball like this

#10 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,063 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 04:35 AM

He's got power.

And they are in the mix for sure to win everything.

Might as well use that power when you're close.

Kobe did but Lakers had to come all the way from terrible the summer he went off on the laker organization

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#11 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,555 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 04:35 AM

I dont hate Lebron (anymore) and the Cavs could use a bit of help, but my point was that a big reason why it's difficult for them to add help is because Lebron (and his agent Rich Paul) has played a huge role in many of the moves that's been made, including the deals for JR and TT. Now they're 25M over the cap, they dont have any young players to trade and they dont have any picks to trade either.  

I know Lebron would like them to make a move, but what are they supposed to do?

Personally, i'd break up the big 3 and try to move Kevin Love.

#12 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,063 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 04:48 AM

Not sure what i'd do...but clearly the cavs are doing more this time around lebron than his first 6-7 years there.

btw, why would he care how much the cavs have to spend to get players?

He wouldn't.

Nor would he even be in this position if they didn't spend

Edited by kball, January 26, 2017 - 04:49 AM.

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#13 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted January 26, 2017 - 07:37 AM

Yeah reading there's some tension between Bron and ownership where he doesn't feel like there's been a reluctance to spend this year even though since he came no team has spend as much in a 3 year span in NBA history. I'm thinking he's having flashbacks of his Miami tenure when ownership started dodging taxes so he's not trying to go through that again

#14 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,555 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 09:29 AM

But what do you suggest they do? They're over the cap and doesnt have a lot to trade.

#15 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,158 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 10:47 AM

I don't recall any Laker player ever coming out and publicly complaining for a week straight about the roster and demanding moves WHILE the Lakers were number one in their conference, coming off a championship win, and its team and core largely intact.

And if they did need help, what can the Cav's feasibly do to attain more talent?

Edited by Jackson, January 26, 2017 - 10:58 AM.

#16 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 797 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted January 26, 2017 - 11:05 AM

Lebron said "ship em out"

#17 martin90

martin90

Off The Bench

• 1,739 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 26, 2017 - 11:35 AM

Fido can you name a few examples??? I don't remember in my time watching the Nba a guy in a real contender asking for trades, like Masacre says every roster has a weakness you have to live with that.

#18 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,566 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted January 26, 2017 - 12:48 PM

Fido can you name a few examples??? I don't remember in my time watching the Nba a guy in a real contender asking for trades, like Masacre says every roster has a weakness you have to live with that.

It says you're a fan since 1999. Were you asleep for the first 5 years of that? We had two of the best players in the league and the greatest duo of all time and they broke it up because they were too emotional to play together.

Kobe wasn't afraid to throw his teammates under the buss either.

#19 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,158 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 01:09 PM

It says you're a fan since 1999. Were you asleep for the first 5 years of that? We had two of the best players in the league and the greatest duo of all time and they broke it up because they were too emotional to play together.

Kobe wasn't afraid to throw his teammates under the buss either.

The Kobe and Shaq feud is irrelevant to this case. This isn't about LeBron and Kyrie feuding with each other.

Kobe didn't say anything while the Lakers were winning. He didn't say anything after the finals loss in 08, and the playoff exits in 2011/2012.

But then again, there wasn't anything wrong with the Heats team that he left so he could be trying to find a way out of Cleveland.

• martin90 likes this

#20 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,158 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 01:27 PM

Somethings to consider:

-LeBron took the max contract where he'll be paid 30% of the salary cap (27% of the luxury tax) for this and next year.
-LeBron built up Tristan Thompson, JR Smith, and Iman Shumpert to get deals that were and are still overpriced.

Also Dan Gilbert went from being super cheap to actually shedding out a lot of money to win a championship. Look at this:

Gilbert paid $82 million in salaries and $7 million in luxury tax in 2014-15, when the Cavs reached the NBA Finals.

Last season, when Cleveland won the championship, Gilbert paid $107 million in salaries and $54 million in luxury tax.

The Cavs (30-14) are currently committed to $127.6 million in salaries and $27 million in luxury taxes for this season.

They have spent more than any other NBA team over the three-year span.

I like what Tristan Thompson and Tryonn Lue said about this whole ordeal:

"I think we all got to be better," Thompson said. "You know, LeBron is the leader on the team. He's going to make his comments.

At the end of the day, we all got to play better from the top to bottom.

Players got to play better; we got to prepare. Everyone.

"Everyone that's part of this journey -- coaches -- we all got to be better. Everyone has got to take a step forward and just be 1 percent better.

So LeBron's comments is what it is."

Coach Tyronn Lue said of the situation: "We gotta focus on basketball, getting back to winning. ... We're a great team. We're the champs, so we just got to get back to playing championship basketball. That's it."

http://www.espn.com/...ayroll-spending

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users