Dont like it for Portland.

#82 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,516 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 12, 2017 - 04:07 PM

Portland got A good big and a 1st round pick, that's a good deal. They got 3 picks in this year's draft. Don't like it for Denver

#83 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,776 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 12, 2017 - 06:24 PM

Nurkic wanted to start.  Was not going to work with the emergence of Jokic.  They couldn't play together either.  Plumlee has some solid passing skills so it gives Denver a bit of roster consistency from starter to bench while Portland doesnt have to pay Plumlee next season b/c he's an RFA.

Portland got A good big and a 1st round pick, that's a good deal. They got 3 picks in this year's draft. Don't like it for Denver

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#84 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 10,384 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 12, 2017 - 10:45 PM

Sources: Blazers trade Mason Plumlee to Nuggets for Jusuf Nurkic. @WojVerticalNBA report on @TheVertical. https://t.co/XBhyY6GvW9 https://t.co/SiSzVQ6yCa

That's a great trade for Portland. Plumlee was due for a major extension which could put them close to 50M above the cap, which ownership never would allow to happen. And he wasn't the defensive anchor they needed. Nurk has potential, but was unfortunate to play behind Jokic that is much better. Getting a first rounder on top of a young talent that fits well and the massive savings is great.

Denver did ok as well. Plumlee is super mobile and is much easier to put in lineups next to Jokic and Nurk had to go.

• FranklinPeanuts likes this

#85 KidRN

KidRN

Legend

• 10,305 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted February 12, 2017 - 11:18 PM

Good!

Why not take Okafor?

Dude still has a ton of potential and we don't really have anything solid at the 5. As long as we don't give up a core piece, I don't see the problem. He's on a rookie deal and his only competition on our roster is Zubac and Black.

#86 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,354 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted February 12, 2017 - 11:58 PM

Why not take Okafor?

Dude still has a ton of potential and we don't really have anything solid at the 5. As long as we don't give up a core piece, I don't see the problem. He's on a rookie deal and his only competition on our roster is Zubac and Black.

I would rather give Zubac the minutes at center. Okafor is one of the worst rebounding centers in the league and is trash defensively. Sure if we could acquire him for nothing i would take a shot on him but i think it will take more then i would be willing to five uo to aquire him.

#87 KidRN

KidRN

Legend

• 10,305 posts

Posted February 13, 2017 - 06:48 AM

I would rather give Zubac the minutes at center. Okafor is one of the worst rebounding centers in the league and is trash defensively. Sure if we could acquire him for nothing i would take a shot on him but i think it will take more then i would be willing to five uo to aquire him.

Zubac has nothing to do with this really. Black is our backup and I'd take Okafor over him all day. I still think Okafor will be better than Zubac either way but for now we could start him and Okafor come off the bench.

#88 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,776 posts

Posted February 13, 2017 - 07:19 AM

Ehh I don't know man.  Okafor's weaknesses are almost absolute no no's in todays game.  Bad rebounder and is ALWAYS lost on defense.  He's also not very good in PnR.  Sure he likely has more skill than Black but if you put Okafor in Black's role right now the team would suffer.  You'd have to change a lot of things to get value directly out of Okafor.  Which is why Philly has no desire to keep him. 

Zubac has nothing to do with this really. Black is our backup and I'd take Okafor over him all day. I still think Okafor will be better than Zubac either way but for now we could start him and Okafor come off the bench.

• JGuez, Ventiquattro, Xinxin and 2 others like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#89 wilson

wilson

Rookie

• 10 posts

Posted February 13, 2017 - 07:29 AM

imagen Okafor - Randle duo on defense

• androsays likes this

#90 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 10,384 posts

Posted February 13, 2017 - 08:13 AM

imagen Okafor - Randle duo on defense

Id rather not.

Okafor still has talent but need very specific guys around him to succeed.

#91 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,354 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted February 13, 2017 - 09:51 AM

I guess you are higher on Okafor then i am. Imo Zubac will be a better player then Okafor. You have to run your offense through Okafor for him to be effecitive and he is a terrible rebounder and plays no D. I dont get how Zubac has nothing to do wjth it when they play the same position. If you want okafor instead of Black sure but you never answered what we would be giving up?

Edited by erfolk, February 13, 2017 - 09:52 AM.

#92 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 26,155 posts

Posted February 13, 2017 - 09:53 AM

Depends on the price. Would rather have Noel if we're trading for a sizer big man. I think Noel could play 4 or 5

Edited by last stand 2.0, February 13, 2017 - 09:53 AM.

Posted Image

#93 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,972 posts
  • Name:Ryan

Posted February 13, 2017 - 10:04 AM

Saw that the Lakers traded for a player only to read that it was the D-Fenders acquiring DeJuan Blair lol.  

#94 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 29,757 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 13, 2017 - 10:40 AM

Saw that the Lakers traded for a player only to read that it was the D-Fenders acquiring DeJuan Blair lol.  

Damn I loved blair when he played at pit. Has a similar game to blacks. Its too bad he couldn't find a place to really develop.

#95 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,516 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 13, 2017 - 11:04 AM

Damn I loved blair when he played at pit. Has a similar game to blacks. Its too bad he couldn't find a place to really develop.

Joey Buss is doing one hell of job for the D-Fenders.

#96 Listen2TheBeatt

Listen2TheBeatt

6th Man

• 928 posts
  • Name:Colin
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza

Posted February 13, 2017 - 11:27 AM

Lakers strongly considering moving vets at deadline

http://www.lakersnat...ine/2017/02/12/

• DeeZee likes this

Founder and CEO, Beatt Productions, LLC

Former Videographer for LakerNation.com & STNTV
Follow me on Twitter/IG @Listen2TheBeatt

#97 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 29,757 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 13, 2017 - 11:56 AM

Lakers strongly considering moving vets at deadline

http://www.lakersnat...ine/2017/02/12/

This is why Lakersnation is a joke when it comes to reporting. This article is referencing Alex Kennedys article that says the lakers may move vets so they can get the 1st round pick. http://hoopshype.com...erans-and-more/ . Hes not really getting this from a source but rather just a guess.  Serena Winters is the only thing keeping that website alive. She will get a better deal in not too long I imagine. 

#98 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,748 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted February 13, 2017 - 12:24 PM

Agree good deal for them and changes rotations for playoffs. Now what's the Lakers Front Office doing?

#99 KidRN

KidRN

Legend

• 10,305 posts

Posted February 13, 2017 - 12:50 PM

I guess you are higher on Okafor then i am. Imo Zubac will be a better player then Okafor. You have to run your offense through Okafor for him to be effecitive and he is a terrible rebounder and plays no D. I dont get how Zubac has nothing to do wjth it when they play the same position. If you want okafor instead of Black sure but you never answered what we would be giving up?

I'm not suggesting a trade that's why I didn't state what we'd give up. Someone stated that they simply wouldn't trade for Okafor. I think that's silly considering his potential. If you can get a good deal than you take it. It's not like we are discussing a 30 y/o vet that's been garbage his whole career! We are talking about the 3rd pick in the draft from a season ago.

Trading for a C isn't a priority to begin with. We need a stretch 4 and a perimeter defender, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna ignore Philly if they want to discuss Okafor.

#100 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,776 posts

Posted February 13, 2017 - 01:24 PM

I don't think its silly to not want to.  He's a human so he's going to have wants/needs.  He wants to start and play.  The Lakers are already developing other guys.  Adding a piece like him to the mix that already has fit issues can probably do more harm than you think. 

I'm not suggesting a trade that's why I didn't state what we'd give up. Someone stated that they simply wouldn't trade for Okafor. I think that's silly considering his potential. If you can get a good deal than you take it. It's not like we are discussing a 30 y/o vet that's been garbage his whole career! We are talking about the 3rd pick in the draft from a season ago.

Trading for a C isn't a priority to begin with. We need a stretch 4 and a perimeter defender, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna ignore Philly if they want to discuss Okafor.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)