#41 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,116 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 23, 2017 - 01:52 PM

Rondo has been pretty cancerous lately. I wanted him before, but not anymore.

Yeah, he's established a pretty bad rep for himself in many regards.  Especially after his stint in Dallas with a great coach such as Rick Carlisle and now Fred Hoiberg.

I never really wanted him on the Lakers cause I always felt like he's been vastly overrated his entire career.  However, he does provide perimeter defense and I'm really just trying to dump Deng's contract someway somehow haha.

#42 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted January 23, 2017 - 02:30 PM

If the Bulls agreed to the deal, would anyone be for it? I don't really see why they would be interested considering they have Wade and Butler, but I just wanna see your guys' opinions.

Lakers Receive: Rajon Rondo

Bulls Receive: Luol Deng

Rondo only has 1 more year on his contract after this which isn't nearly as bad as the long term commitment we'd have tied to Deng. He's also still a very capable perimeter defender and playmaker. I just question his mental and leadership because he's clearly had alot of issues in that department as of late.

I would ! Rondo's contract expires this year if not mistaken. This is the same reason why Chicago probably wouldn't do it unless they get a pick or other sweetener imo.

It seems to me lakers will be stuck with dengs and mozgovs contract like pelicans are with Asik, which makes you wonder if the benefit of giving up a pick or a player like Zubac or nance outweighs the cost of keeping them, for now at least.
  • LakeShow1o1 and LACAS like this

#43 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,138 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 23, 2017 - 02:31 PM

I'd take that Bulls deal just to get out of Deng's contract but seriously doubt Bulls do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • LakeShow1o1 and LACAS like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#44 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,116 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 23, 2017 - 03:10 PM

I would ! Rondo's contract expires this year if not mistaken. This is the same reason why Chicago probably wouldn't do it unless they get a pick or other sweetener imo.

It seems to me lakers will be stuck with dengs and mozgovs contract like pelicans are with Asik, which makes you wonder if the benefit of giving up a pick or a player like Zubac or nance outweighs the cost of keeping them, for now at least.

Yeah I too believe the Omer Asik situation will mirror the Lakers and Mozgov ordeal.  

I think Mozgov would have been a more efficient and useful player had our offense been more pick and roll dominated/oriented (I believe he was ranked top 3 last year), however the way in which he's being utilized on the offensive end almost deems him as a traffic cone that clogs spacing.

Fingers crossed that they can pair Lou+Deng or Lou+Mozgov in order to facilitate some type of trade.

#45 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,204 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 23, 2017 - 03:13 PM

RR for Deng? In a heart beat.... simply to get rid of Deng's contract.

#46 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,121 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted January 24, 2017 - 07:14 AM

Yeah, he's established a pretty bad rep for himself in many regards.  Especially after his stint in Dallas with a great coach such as Rick Carlisle and now Fred Hoiberg.

I never really wanted him on the Lakers cause I always felt like he's been vastly overrated his entire career.  However, he does provide perimeter defense and I'm really just trying to dump Deng's contract someway somehow haha.

I wanted him at one time also. If you can't behave with Butler and Wade then WTH!! I would take it to get rid of Dengs contract though. This year is lost and Ingram wont need him as much next year

#47 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,092 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted January 24, 2017 - 07:28 AM

Yeah I too believe the Omer Asik situation will mirror the Lakers and Mozgov ordeal.  
I think Mozgov would have been a more efficient and useful player had our offense been more pick and roll dominated/oriented (I believe he was ranked top 3 last year), however the way in which he's being utilized on the offensive end almost deems him as a traffic cone that clogs spacing.

Fingers crossed that they can pair Lou+Deng or Lou+Mozgov in order to facilitate some type of trade.

Lou is the best sixth man in the game imo. I think people underestimate how much of a weapon he is due to our starters being trash.
  • fido likes this

#48 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,014 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 03, 2017 - 03:39 PM

Not even looking at players, simply getting out from under that giant mistake of a 4 year contract they gave Deng would be fantastic.

#49 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,509 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 04, 2017 - 02:02 PM

Who's Buzz? What position does he play?

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#50 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,520 posts

Posted February 04, 2017 - 02:23 PM

Not even looking at players, simply getting out from under that giant mistake of a 4 year contract they gave Deng would be fantastic.

Don't forget the Kobe contract.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#51 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,370 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 08, 2017 - 12:51 PM

Sweet Lou to Charlotte; Lakers get pick

Charlotte Hornets get: Guard Lou Williams

L.A. Lakers get: Guard Ramon Sessions, Charlotte's 2018 first-round pick (lottery protected)

This was perhaps my favorite trade I made as a GM of eight teams in the recent Dunc'd On mock trade deadline series. While a first-round pick is a lot to give up, Williams is an ideal fit in Charlotte. Even before backup point guard Sessions suffered a torn meniscus that will require surgery and sideline him 4-6 weeks, the Hornets were struggling to score with All-Star point guard Kemba Walker on the bench. Per NBA.com/Stats, their offensive rating dips by 8.1 points per 100 possessions without Walker.

Williams has no trouble scoring. His 27.1 points per 36 minutes this season rank 10th among qualified players, according to Basketball-Reference.com, and Williams scores efficiently too: His .601 true shooting percentage is outstanding. Williams is big enough to play alongside Walker in certain matchups and under contract for 2017-18 at the bargain rate of $7 million -- less than the non-taxpayer midlevel exception will pay next year.

via Kevin Pelton

Edited by lakerfan98, February 08, 2017 - 12:52 PM.

#52 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

• 3,370 posts

Posted February 08, 2017 - 01:06 PM

I actually don't think I like this trade if the pick is broadly "lottery protected."  1-10 sure.  1-12 you can talk me into.  The whole point is that we'd be getting a pick in the 13-17 range depending how Charlotte finishes the season.  I guess the upside is that if we didn't get the pick and it was made 1-10 next year we'd be getting a first rounder in a year when we might not have one.  Idk    

#53 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,999 posts

Posted February 08, 2017 - 01:34 PM

Maybe I'm overvaluing Lou but I feel we could get a little more than that. 

Also Sessions is out at least a month at this point, nor is he a good 3 point shooter. Not really sure he fits what we'd need. 

Edited by JGuez, February 08, 2017 - 01:35 PM.

#54 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,509 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 08, 2017 - 01:34 PM

Keep Lou. 

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#55 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

• 3,370 posts

Posted February 08, 2017 - 01:54 PM

Maybe I'm overvaluing Lou but I feel we could get a little more than that. 

Also Sessions is out at least a month at this point, nor is he a good 3 point shooter. Not really sure he fits what we'd need. 

Sessions is injured and has a team option for next year so I don't think the idea would be to keep him.  Assuming Charlotte does make the playoffs that would most likely mean getting the 16th -18th pick.  I'd like for them to make it 1-12 protected in case they fall off but regardless I think a mid-first round pick is probably the best we can get for Lou.  

Edited by lakerfan98, February 08, 2017 - 01:55 PM.

#56 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,660 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 08, 2017 - 02:46 PM

I don't expect a trade. Mitch seems a bit gun shy since the dwight/nash trades. I really don't see us trading Moz or deng also. We would need to throw in multiple picks and then some for nothing pretty much. Especially since the cap isn't raising as much as people thought it would. 

#57 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,999 posts

Posted February 08, 2017 - 02:58 PM

I don't expect a trade. Mitch seems a bit gun shy since the dwight/nash trades. I really don't see us trading Moz or deng also. We would need to throw in multiple picks and then some for nothing pretty much. Especially since the cap isn't raising as much as people thought it would. 

Also this isn't really a free agency where we must get rid of those contracts. We'll have about $20 in cap space without trading them.

#58 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,138 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted February 08, 2017 - 03:04 PM

At some point he has to be moved for other guys to expand.  He doesn't provide playmaking while he's in and gums up the offense.  I want to see JC playing more PG in a fluid offense, I want to see DLo getting more offball opportunities.  Neither happen with Lou.  If we can get a solid teen area pick for him then it's a win.  I personally would rather have a young player though. 

Keep Lou. 

• lakerfan98 likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#59 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 08, 2017 - 04:43 PM

Mitch may pull a Clarkson for RHJ move if he thinks it will help our defense but I don't see much else really happening.  

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#60 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,092 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted February 08, 2017 - 04:44 PM

Mitch may pull a Clarkson for RHJ move if he thinks it will help our defense but I don't see much else really happening.

Where did you get that from?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)