#1 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,138 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 20, 2017 - 02:55 PM

http://www.espn.com/...the-latest-buzz

With Rudy Gay out for the year and possibly half of next I'd like for the Front office to make a shrewd business decision and try to get out from under Deng's salary.

The article above suggests that Afflalo and McLemore are going to be moved at some point. 

Gay and Afflalo for Lou and Deng would be a solid deal if the Kings don't plan on cashing it in.

Or Gay, McLemore, WCS for Lou, Deng and 2 2nds

• LakeShow1o1 likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#2 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,116 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 20, 2017 - 03:05 PM

With Rudy Gay out for the year and possibly half of next I'd like for the Front office to make a shrewd business decision and try to get out from under Deng's salary.

The article above suggests that Afflalo and McLemore are going to be moved at some point. 

Gay and Afflalo for Lou and Deng would be a solid deal if the Kings don't plan on cashing it in.

How do trades work when an injured player is involved?

I honest to god had the same exact trade in mind including the exact same pieces minus the 2 2nd round picks, but if added the Kings would likely be more interested.

I actually really wanted a healthy Rudy Gay on this young roster moving forward because he's learned how to take a back-step but at the same time is still capable of being a scorer in crunch time.  He also adds great athleticism and some defense to the back-court.  If we can dump Deng in the process all while acquiring McLemore and WCS, 2 low risk, high reward prospects, it would be amazing.

#3 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted January 20, 2017 - 04:46 PM

I don't get why some of you are desperate to move Deng. We don't know if the lakers are in play for any soon to become free agents.

Even with both Deng and mogov on the team, lakers have enough room for a max contract. Next offseason wouldn't be different from the ones passed. We might not get a sit down with max worthy players. I don't see the rush to unload fatty contracts for the purpose of clearing cap space.

Edited by Ventiquattro, January 20, 2017 - 04:46 PM.

• The Big Fish likes this

#4 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,194 posts

Posted January 20, 2017 - 04:47 PM

Daylight robbery smh.

fXlFKv8.gif

#5 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,116 posts

Posted January 20, 2017 - 05:02 PM

I don't get why some of you are desperate to move Deng. We don't know if the lakers are in play for any soon to become free agents.

Even with both Deng and mogov on the team, lakers have enough room for a max contract. Next offseason wouldn't be different from the ones passed. We might not get a sit down with max worthy players. I don't see the rush to unload fatty contracts for the purpose of clearing cap space.

I just don't see his value holding moving forward.  It will be very difficult to move him therefore I'd much rather dump him now and avoid any fiasco later on.  The Lakers may have a max contract to offer, but as you stated, it's very unlikely anyone comes.  

Daylight robbery smh.

It really isn't lopsided... The Kings want to make the playoffs and show Cousins that they atleast have some kind of product on the floor.  Lou Williams gives them much needed scoring power with Gay gone and Deng gives them a veteran that can be an outlet for Cousins.  McLemore and WCS aren't that coveted considering McLemore will be a free agent after this year and WCS doesn't log many minutes.

#6 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted January 20, 2017 - 05:10 PM

No management is gonna take on Deng's contract without a huge sweetener. Sacramento aren't in a rush to make moves to impress cousins since the contract he'd sign is enticing and adding dengs contract does nothing for them.

They're much better clearing cap space and add players in free agency than assuming an overvalued player for the next x years.

#7 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,194 posts

Posted January 20, 2017 - 06:19 PM

Right. Kings are so desperate that they will commit paying $20m to Deng beyond Cousins contract and give up WCS in the process.

This is more likely to happen than that:

Kings: Young, E. Moore, Lou
Lakers: Gay, Asik + pick(s)
Pelicans: Mozgov, McLemore

fXlFKv8.gif

#8 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,116 posts

Posted January 20, 2017 - 07:36 PM

Right. Kings are so desperate that they will commit paying $20m to Deng beyond Cousins contract and give up WCS in the process.

This is more likely to happen than that:

Kings: Young, E. Moore, Lou
Lakers: Gay, Asik + pick(s)
Pelicans: Mozgov, McLemore

So Kings aren't willing to take on 18 million for Deng but all of a sudden the Pelicans are willing to take on $16 million to pay Mozgov???

Asik and Mozgov are nearly identical if placed next to a dominate post player like AD, that deal doesn't benefit the Pelicans at all.  They're already clogged at the guard position as well so McLemore would likely be a half season rental.

#9 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,138 posts

Posted January 20, 2017 - 09:33 PM

Deng gives them some production this season with no options on the market w/o giving up an actual productive player.  WCS is not some huge prize considering they drafted 2 Centers this offseason and he's been catching DNP and avg about 7 min in the last 5-6 games he's played.  

The 2nds are the sweetener in the 2nd deal.  Hell at this point I'd move Deng a sweetener for Gay straight up.  Ingram is clearly a better player than Deng right now.

If we can get out of 1 of 2 of Mozgov/Deng's deals I'd be cool with that.  Ingram and Zubac have shown me enough.  

• Jackson likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#10 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,121 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted January 21, 2017 - 04:26 AM

Its the 4 year thing

#11 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

I do the walk of life.

• 2,266 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 22, 2017 - 04:42 AM

I'm still dreaming about Noel-Clarkson swap...

Impossible is nothing.

#12 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,696 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted January 22, 2017 - 08:47 AM

Don't fall for it, we've chased past greatness before i.e.; Nash. I think Gay is just that. Not the piece as it's uncertain of his play after recovery. Paul George maybe a good fit but at what price?

#13 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,999 posts

Posted January 22, 2017 - 09:50 AM

^The point of trading for Gay would be to get out of the 4 years of Deng's contract, not to try to chase some dream....

Deng has a bad contract but I also don't think it's going to hurt us too much because Ingram who will eventually start and just keep getting better and is on a rookie deal.

I posted this in November and now that people are seeing how good Ingram will become, I think it applies even more:

Deng got paid a lot of money, but from a business point of view you could look at it just offsetting Ingram's rookie contract.

Deng/Ingram 2016-2017: $23,281,680 or $11.6 mil each

Deng/Ingram 2017-2018: $22,709,400 or $11.3 mil each

Deng/Ingram 2018-2019: $23,757,120 or $11.8 mil each

Deng/Ingram 2019-2020: $26,075,485 or $13 mil each

If Ingram becomes who most of us think he'll be then by years 3 and 4 he may look underpaid based on market value.

#14 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,092 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted January 22, 2017 - 12:38 PM

Don't fall for it, we've chased past greatness before i.e.; Nash. I think Gay is just that. Not the piece as it's uncertain of his play after recovery. Paul George maybe a good fit but at what price?

First off, if PG13 wants to come here you give him whatever he asks for!

Secondly, the Nash trade was a quick fix type of move to attempt to contend. Trading for Gay would pretty much be a salary dump. These are two completely different situations.
  • JGuez and LakeShow1o1 like this

#15 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,121 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted January 22, 2017 - 03:02 PM

At this point why not. Gay and his injury may score just as many points as Deng  "0"    Rudy is a Vet just like Deng. If he opts out with an achilles tear then thats on him

#16 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,839 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 22, 2017 - 03:38 PM

Bleh

#17 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,061 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted January 22, 2017 - 09:05 PM

At this point why not. Gay and his injury may score just as many points as Deng "0" Rudy is a Vet just like Deng. If he opts out with an achilles tear then thats on him

I would do that trade just to get away from the Deng contract but I don't think Sacramento does it

#18 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,194 posts

Posted January 22, 2017 - 09:24 PM

We will do that trade around Cousins in summer.

Kings will get the Top 3 pick + Randle + Clarkson + Deng

Lakers will get Cousins + Gay

Win - win for both teams.

fXlFKv8.gif

#19 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,138 posts

Posted January 22, 2017 - 09:57 PM

LMFAO the Kings aren't giving up Boogie man.  You can just kill that.  He's signing a 200M extension and staying there til he forces a trade.  According to him he's happy there.  Unless we pony up on that pick, Ingram and Randle I doubt they entertain Mitch at all. 

We will do that trade around Cousins in summer.

Kings will get the Top 3 pick + Randle + Clarkson + Deng

Lakers will get Cousins + Gay

Win - win for both teams.

#20 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,999 posts

Posted January 22, 2017 - 10:35 PM

It's true. The new CBA allows the Kings and OKC to give out extensions to their stars under the new salary cap. There is no way Cousins turns down the pay-day. It would be shocking.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)