Los Angeles Lakers vs Portland Trail Blazers - Sunday 1/10/17 7:30pm

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#161 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

Starter

• 5,450 posts

Posted January 10, 2017 - 10:42 PM

Honestly I dont know why I took the time to check the shots, its not even worth the time but you might have learned something new today. bad decision maker =/= having an awful or cold night.

#162 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Hall Of Fame

• 9,686 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 10, 2017 - 10:55 PM

They are much better when they attacked the paint, all the guards sucked tonight except Lou who shot 40% Ingram did good, he made his shots. 50% from the field. He has to be more aggressive. Randle shot bad. The JayHawks only hd 6 rebs combined but it was more than what Moz had. CMON MAN!

#163 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 2,890 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 10, 2017 - 11:04 PM

Did anyone listen to Dame post game interview? Like he is legit ready to put hands on Russell lol

#164 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Rookie

• 501 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted January 10, 2017 - 11:06 PM

Honestly I dont know why I took the time to check the shots, its not even worth the time but you might have learned something new today. bad decision maker =/= having an awful or cold night.

I'll tell you why, you like Russell. It's ok, we all have our fav players, Nance is mine. But the truth is D'lo is no Kobe. Kobe was one of the greatest of all time, he could overcome everything, even a lot of his bad decisions. Another truth: you don't need to be so arrogant, really, there's no need, unless you can't help yourself. Goodnight 👍

#165 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Rookie

• 501 posts

Posted January 10, 2017 - 11:19 PM

https://twitter.com/...7225713664?s=09

#166 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

Starter

• 5,450 posts

Posted January 10, 2017 - 11:34 PM

I'll tell you why, you like Russell. It's ok, we all have our fav players, Nance is mine. But the truth is D'lo is no Kobe. Kobe was one of the greatest of all time, he could overcome everything, even a lot of his bad decisions. Another truth: you don't need to be so arrogant, really, there's no need, unless you can't help yourself. Goodnight

Im not being arrogant but I just dont like it when some people post illogically. Like seriously man, horrible shooting means bad decision maker?

You hate Russell( you admitted that yourself) and thats perfectly fine, Im sure lots of fans feel the same way towards Russell or any other Laker/NBA player.

Anyway, good night :)

#167 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Rookie

• 501 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 12:04 AM

Russell is a number 2 pick, I expect some things from him as a PG and future star. Playing with no energy and shooting like Steph when he's so far from that level is frustrating to watch. Even Fisher said that D'lo thinks he's an All Star level player but he's not. He has to put his feet on the ground if he wants to become the Lakers quarterback. Steph is allowed to do those things, he's actually an All Star and shooting non stop 3s is a big part of the Warriors gameplan. D'lo and the Lakers, different story.

#168 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 6,305 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 03:48 AM

Why is it a sin to expect a more consistent performance from Russell? I don't get some people. All of us are Laker fans here, and some like Russell more than the other prospect vice versa, but at the end we all want the Lakers to do well. Does anyone remember what was the predraft report on Russell? It was like 50% bust, 50% superstar potential. I'm not saying his situation is that, but there is an inconsistency attached to him.

His january games, which people use to praise him in other thread:

Sun 1/1 vs Tor: 9/18 FG 6/12 3P

Tue 1/3 vs Mem: 6/12 FG 6/9 3P

Thu 1/5 @ Por: 6/18 FG 0/8 3P

Fri 1/6 vs Mia: 7/17 FG 1/4 3P

Sun 1/8 vs Orl: 7/10 FG 2/5 3P

Tue 1/10 vs Por: 4/14 FG 0/7 3P

I want to hear an explanation about this stat stripped from his name and prospect. And bringing Kobe as a bailout argument is shameful. Kobe was a volume shooter, but a consistent one throughout his career. He did not take half of his shots from 3 point range knowing that he was less efficient there. That Kobe had greatest of all time offensive arsenal. I mean just shut up.

• ChichoGarcy likes this

fXlFKv8.gif

#169 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 25,732 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted January 11, 2017 - 07:46 AM

It's not a sin it's just unrealistic at this point. Young inexperienced players struggle with consistency. Nothing surprising really. They day where rookies step in and contribute from day 1 are pretty much over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#170 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TEIAM

• 2,400 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted January 11, 2017 - 07:50 AM

I watched last night and thought about it this am. Russell is so difficult to read. That second half was awful.

#171 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 5,874 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 11, 2017 - 07:59 AM

How good is CJ..wow.

Randle looked pissed from early in the 1st when Luke pulled him. Moping on bench and not expressing anything positive then

Edited by kball, January 11, 2017 - 07:59 AM.

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Hockey stick growth curve for Randle, D'lo, Nance and Clarkson ASAP) 2. Miracle Trade (Lakers need a top 10 player...or maybe 2 to compete w bigboys) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Ingram and Zubac getting playing time and impacting games)

READY FOR SEASON!

#172 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 52,865 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 11, 2017 - 09:52 AM

Why is it a sin to expect a more consistent performance from Russell?

18/4/6

22/4/2

19/6/5

17/8/7   

Lakers go 3-1

Not even including the 28/4/5 game   

Don't hear nor see zilch from you about Russell's performance. You mention Randle and only Randle in the thread about them when both play well.  

But when Russell finally has a bad game and goes 9/8/6 then here you come with the big post finally mentioning him, and you focus on his poor three point shooting, while refusing to acknowledge that in response to it he was taking it to the basket more and attacking inside the paint as well as getting fouled which is what you kept complaining he didn't do enough of, and he had a game where he took 11 free throws and you didn't say diddily squat when just about two games prior you were saying he didn't go inside enough when his shot was off. 

Considering you didn't acknowledge his last few games and really only have something to say about him when he plays poorly, that's quite a statement to make.

Considering before last night, in January he was averaging 21/5/5/2 shooting 49% from the field and 36% from three before last night's game yet here you are trying to criticize people for saying he's played well in January.  

That says all it needs to say at this point as far as your bias towards him.  

Essentially it shows he's never going to please you because you just don't like him and will turn the other cheek till he does something poorly and you will always find something to nitpick away from a good performance or you won't say anything at all.

So it is what it is. 

Edited by Majesty, January 11, 2017 - 10:05 AM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#173 Jackson

Jackson

Hall Of Fame

• 9,372 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 11, 2017 - 10:09 AM

http://www.espn.com/...e-bear-and-lost

Russell seriously pissed Lillard off lol.

#174 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

Starter

• 5,450 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 11:02 AM

Why is it a sin to expect a more consistent performance from Russell? I don't get some people. All of us are Laker fans here, and some like Russell more than the other prospect vice versa, but at the end we all want the Lakers to do well. Does anyone remember what was the predraft report on Russell? It was like 50% bust, 50% superstar potential. I'm not saying his situation is that, but there is an inconsistency attached to him.

His january games, which people use to praise him in other thread:

Sun 1/1 vs Tor: 9/18 FG 6/12 3P

Tue 1/3 vs Mem: 6/12 FG 6/9 3P

Thu 1/5 @ Por: 6/18 FG 0/8 3P

Fri 1/6 vs Mia: 7/17 FG 1/4 3P

Sun 1/8 vs Orl: 7/10 FG 2/5 3P

Tue 1/10 vs Por: 4/14 FG 0/7 3P

I want to hear an explanation about this stat stripped from his name and prospect. And bringing Kobe as a bailout argument is shameful. Kobe was a volume shooter, but a consistent one throughout his career. He did not take half of his shots from 3 point range knowing that he was less efficient there. That Kobe had greatest of all time offensive arsenal. I mean just shut up.

I never was offended by Russell's criticisms, as defending any player who I have no connection whatsoever is completely stupid and waste of time.

Chico mentioned that Russell's a bad decision maker because he went 0/7 and 0/8 against Portland, did you read that? last I checked it was in english, which i assume its a language you understand. I brought Kobe as an example that missing shots does not necessarily = bad decision maker. So your comment has nothing to do with what I said.

Never liked people who try to use fluffy words to make them sound intelligent and thats why I commented on his posts. 

I did pay attention to your posts in previous seasons, but judging from your gameday posts this season you're completely emotional. If I had the time I'd bring up a compilation of your posts, which are stupid with all due respect. 

Yeah but did you see T-rob's game yesterday? He sure did show Randle how the PF position should be played.

#175 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Rookie

• 501 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 12:12 PM

If I had the time I'd bring up a compilation of your posts, which are stupid with all due respect.

Stupid and respect in the same sentence 🙄 You really can't help yourself can you? There's always a bully in every forum, it was really easy to find him in this one 🤔

• 43,069 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 03:56 PM

^ Get used to it. Our new soon to be president has opened up the floodgates.
  • ChichoGarcy likes this

yo.

#177 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 1,589 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted January 11, 2017 - 04:23 PM

Did anyone listen to Dame post game interview? Like he is legit ready to put hands on Russell lol

He's sending a bluff, trying to look tough to his hometown folks, I love it when someone says I'm from xxx as everybody is from somewhere. You could be the poopbutt from there, lol. But lesson is let sleeping dogs lie, now they have a leg up towards the eighth seed, so what.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users