688 replies to this topic

#681 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 5,826 posts

Posted Today, 02:06 PM

Clarkson and Randle for Marcus Smart?

No. Hell no.

Im solely building around Fultz, Russell and Ingram. We need a defensive combo guard to suit all 3. I truly believe that a guy like smart is more beneficiary  than having JC and Randle.

For Lopez, Its not a big deal for me. It wont make a difference trading for him or not.

#682 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 5,826 posts

Posted Today, 02:10 PM

Randle is in his 2nd year.

He had two surgeries year 1.

We are waiting on Ingram and Zubac and Russell to develop. Possibly another rookie.

We can also wait on Randle. This will correlate with Deng and Mosgov coming off the books. A core under 25.

Yeah but thats not my point. This a similar argument to having 5 all stars who, at that level, are talented individually VS maximizing 2 all stars by surrounding them with better fit. 

This is not a case against Randle as much as it is to surround Ingram,Russell and ,supposedly, Fultz with more suitable players.

#683 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 15,798 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted Today, 02:14 PM

You don't have to do it now.

#684 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 1,413 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:1974
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted Today, 02:19 PM

I would do JC for Smart or Randle for Smart straight up, otherwise BOS can go kick rocks.

#685 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 5,826 posts

Posted Today, 03:14 PM

You don't have to do it now.

My argument falls if we don't draft fultz. Besides, I have my doubts Russell will remain a laker next season.

#686 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,158 posts

Posted Today, 04:24 PM

Im solely building around Fultz, Russell and Ingram. We need a defensive combo guard to suit all 3. I truly believe that a guy like smart is more beneficiary than having JC and Randle.

For Lopez, Its not a big deal for me. It wont make a difference trading for him or not.

Build around whoever you want, that doesn't mean you undervalue the assets you currently have. Smart is easily worth Randle OR Clarkson and easily NOT worth both of them.
  • LACAS likes this

#687 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 15,798 posts

Posted Today, 04:34 PM

Ball at 2 spot, I would trade for a guy like Wade if it meant losing Deng especially.

I think Ball will take a couple years to adjust and Wade would be good for this core. Could be a better Clarkson in some ways

#688 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 5,826 posts

Posted Today, 05:15 PM

Build around whoever you want, that doesn't mean you undervalue the assets you currently have. Smart is easily worth Randle OR Clarkson and easily NOT worth both of them.

Its not about what Marcus is worth. You dont have to trade based on fair market value ,which may be either Randle or JC. Marcus would fill a glaring weakness on this team, perimeter defense. His offense is good as well. I doubt that the Celtics will entertain any trade that doesnt involve both. Even then, the might simply decline. With the way how their team is structured, Marcus plays a vital role.

If you draft Fultz then Clarkson is redundant and Randle's strengths wont be utilized or even needed. Your offense will be Ingram,Russell and Fultz. All three can initiate the offense, run in transition and get fastbreak points. We'd need a stretch 4 who can set better screens and wont need the ball in his hands much. << Milsap and Nance 

I like Randle but If Fultz is drafted we gotta cater the team to the three mentioned above. Marcus would bring a needed dimension on this team. Him and Ingram would make a solid perimeter combination on defense.

#689 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 15,798 posts

Posted Today, 07:55 PM

Team needs experienced and effective defenders who are durable and solid offensively.

But first the kids need a couple seasons to grow

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)