4943 replies to this topic

#61 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,139 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 25, 2017 - 07:13 AM

I'd love them together.  We really need a true secondary ball handler in that starting lineup.  I've seen a few people in basketball talks suggest Jrue Holiday next year.  He and DLo could work together well on both ends.  I though Clarkson could be that player but his playmaking ability has regressed but then again that could be a product of playing with Kobe all year and then Lou all this year. 

Fultz doesn't strike me as a playmaker D'Angelo was in college (though I didn't see D'Angelo doing much of a playmaking stuff in NBA either) but he is a better scorer than D'Angelo. He seeks contact, and is not afraid to attack the guy under the basket. He has that quality to him that Wade, Westbrook, Rose had. The fact that he can already shoot the long ball is a bonus. He has a higher upside than Russell IMO.

• kidpolean likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#62 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,093 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted January 25, 2017 - 07:19 AM

Fultz doesn't strike me as a playmaker D'Angelo was in college (though I didn't see D'Angelo doing much of a playmaking stuff in NBA either) but he is a better scorer than D'Angelo. He seeks contact, and is not afraid to attack the guy under the basket. He has that quality to him that Wade, Westbrook, Rose had. The fact that he can already shoot the long ball is a bonus. He has a higher upside than Russell IMO.

I think that this is simply due to hindsight. I haven't seen anything in Fultz that would suggest that he has a higher upside than Russell.

#63 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,194 posts

Posted January 25, 2017 - 07:26 AM

Not hindsight. We just watched D'Angelo closely 2 years ago with Ohio State, it is impossible to forget what he could do. Just comparing their college careers, it is obvious to me they are a different type of player. If I had to pick one to start a team, I would go with Fultz 10 out of 10 times just because his athleticism and willingness to attack the basket would translate to NBA level.

fXlFKv8.gif

#64 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,093 posts

Posted January 25, 2017 - 08:28 AM

Not hindsight. We just watched D'Angelo closely 2 years ago with Ohio State, it is impossible to forget what he could do. Just comparing their college careers, it is obvious to me they are a different type of player. If I had to pick one to start a team, I would go with Fultz 10 out of 10 times just because his athleticism and willingness to attack the basket would translate to NBA level.

That's about all he has on Russell imo. I think Dennis Smith has a chance to be the best guard out this draft. I think he gets overlooked because of his height. I don't see any reason Ball should go over him.

Edited by kidpolean, January 25, 2017 - 08:31 AM.

#65 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,697 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted January 25, 2017 - 03:22 PM

Well it's going to be easier as UCLA plays Washington 2/04 so Fultz vs L Ball

#66 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,697 posts

Posted January 25, 2017 - 03:23 PM

Kid common man he's 6'2" way too short! Has to guard bigger guards not happening, jmtc

#67 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,697 posts

Posted January 25, 2017 - 03:24 PM

Yes we need a playmaker

#68 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,093 posts

Posted January 25, 2017 - 03:29 PM

Kid common man he's 6'2" way too short! Has to guard bigger guards not happening, jmtc

what is jmtc?
  • DaSmoothOperator likes this

#69 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,208 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 25, 2017 - 03:31 PM

what is jmtc?

Im going out on a limb here... just my two cents?

#70 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,093 posts

Posted January 25, 2017 - 04:16 PM

Im going out on a limb here... just my two cents?

hmm...I've never seen anyone use that

Edited by kidpolean, January 25, 2017 - 04:17 PM.

• FranklinPeanuts likes this

#71 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,208 posts

Posted January 25, 2017 - 04:25 PM

hmm...I've never seen anyone use that

Neither have I... I could be wrong, most of the time Im wrong even when Im right ;)

#72 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,658 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted January 25, 2017 - 10:10 PM

I like Dennis Smith and what he can do on the offensive end, but his height and his short wingspan limits his defensive potential.

Don't want to imagine a Dlo/Smith back court. I mean it's nice on the offensive end ; not so much on the other end 

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#73 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,541 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 25, 2017 - 10:27 PM

Lonzo Ball no question.

• dlaluan likes this

#74 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,540 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 25, 2017 - 10:32 PM

I like Dennis Smith and what he can do on the offensive end, but his height and his short wingspan limits his defensive potential.

Don't want to imagine a Dlo/Smith back court. I mean it's nice on the offensive end ; not so much on the other end 

I dont think DSJ goes in the top 3. He's a nice player, but nowhere near the talent of Ball and Fultz. Over the last 5 drafts i think only KAT and AD would have been taken ahead of those two.

If we get lucky and get the #3 and those are off the board, i think Josh Jackson is the easy choice. A taller, stronger, better version of Justice Winslow who is also super competitive is exactly what we need. He's a 3 like Ingram, but both are versatile enough to be on the floor together.

#75 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,093 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 04:44 AM

Over the last 5 drafts i think only KAT and AD would have been taken ahead of those two.

No way in hell does either of those guys, especially Ball, get picked over Ben Simmons or Ingram! There is also no chance that Ball would have been picked over Russell, Fultz would have a small chance to though.

Simmons is pretty much a more athletic version of Ball that's 5 inches taller! Why on earth would Ball be drafted over Simmons?

In this league it's bigs over guards. Ingram may not be far better than Ball or Fultz but at the very least he is on par with them. The fact that he is much taller, has comparable ball handling considering his size, is a better shooter, and has better defensive potential should easily get him selected before those two.

This is what I was talking about, every year people start overrating the current draft class.

Edited by kidpolean, January 26, 2017 - 05:04 AM.

#76 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,208 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 05:25 AM

No way in hell does either of those guys, especially Ball, get picked over Ben Simmons or Ingram! There is also no chance that Ball would have been picked over Russell, Fultz would have a small chance to though.

Simmons is pretty much a more athletic version of Ball that's 5 inches taller! Why on earth would Ball be drafted over Simmons?

In this league it's bigs over guards. Ingram may not be far better than Ball or Fultz but at the very least he is on par with them. The fact that he is much taller, has comparable ball handling considering his size, is a better shooter, and has better defensive potential should easily get him selected before those two.

This is what I was talking about, every year people start overrating the current draft class.

Agree.

Agreed.

Agreed however BI's NCAA shot hasn't been seen since... if found please contact the Los Angeles Lakers, thank you.

Agreed.

#77 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,128 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 26, 2017 - 10:57 AM

Best available talent.

• kidpolean and LACAS like this

#78 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,839 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted January 26, 2017 - 11:28 AM

Best available talent.

If the Lakers keep their pick, this.

#79 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,255 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 12:38 PM

I personally would love josh Jackson or Lonzo ball if we somehow keep our pick in that unfortunate circumstance

I imagine the length and size with Russell, Jackson or ball, and Ingram
Posted Image

#80 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,093 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 01:24 PM

I personally would love josh Jackson or Lonzo ball if we somehow keep our pick in that unfortunate circumstance

I imagine the length and size with Russell, Jackson or ball, and Ingram

I want Jackson, Smith, Ball, or Fultz

One of those and I'm happy!

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)