4943 replies to this topic

#41 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,425 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 20, 2017 - 10:01 AM

Guys gotta stop envisioning these young players as superstars. That's how you get yourself caught up being mad about their early years performance. Fultz looks great right now but he might come in and look like Mudiay for a year or 2. You never know.

Well im hoping we get another top 3 and i hope (and believe) 2 of our guys turn into stars. If not, then we're in trouble.

#42 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,101 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted January 20, 2017 - 01:19 PM

Guys gotta stop envisioning these young players as superstars.  That's how you get yourself caught up being mad about their early years performance.  Fultz looks great right now but he might come in and look like Mudiay for a year or 2.  You never know. 

Or Kyrie

#43 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,101 posts

Posted January 20, 2017 - 01:21 PM

The Clips, Chicago and Indiana will be having fire sales at the end of the year. Let's wait and see

#44 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,556 posts

Posted January 23, 2017 - 09:31 AM

Would anyone here pick Lonzo over fultz??

#45 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,985 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted January 23, 2017 - 09:54 AM

No

#46 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,136 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 23, 2017 - 10:36 AM

Not for this Laker team as constructed.

#47 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,985 posts

Posted January 23, 2017 - 12:15 PM

Not for this Laker team as constructed.

I wouldn't regardless of our roster. I don't trust unathletic pass first players with weird shots lol

#48 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,136 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 23, 2017 - 12:21 PM

I wouldn't regardless of our roster. I don't trust unathletic pass first players with weird shots lol

LOL

#49 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,985 posts

Posted January 23, 2017 - 12:26 PM

Seriously though, Ball is actually a decent option with the 2nd pick. This draft feels really overrated to me. However, I do believe that Russell was a better prospect.

#50 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,004 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 23, 2017 - 02:32 PM

At top 3 you take the top talent available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • LACAS likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#51 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,085 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 23, 2017 - 03:37 PM

You view Ball as being unathletic?

I think he has tremendous foot speed and relatively good athleticism.  His ability to finish at the rim is great as well.

I'm honestly at a cross-roads between Fultz and Ball, I really don't view either or as being significantly better than the other.

#52 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,300 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 23, 2017 - 03:59 PM

Seriously though, Ball is actually a decent option with the 2nd pick. This draft feels really overrated to me. However, I do believe that Russell was a better prospect.

Ball at the 1 and Russell at the 2 wouldn't be so bad.

#53 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,985 posts

Posted January 23, 2017 - 04:07 PM

You view Ball as being unathletic?
I think he has tremendous foot speed and relatively good athleticism.  His ability to finish at the rim is great as well.

I'm honestly at a cross-roads between Fultz and Ball, I really don't view either or as being significantly better than the other.

No, I was simply making a Russell joke.

Ball is a pretty good athlete. I prefer Fultz but I really don't see either as being a better prospect than Russell. Obviously, if we have a top 2 pick you pretty much have to take one of them. Fultz would be better next to Russell imo simply due to his scoring mentality. I think Ball would work better with a catch and shoot type of 2 guard which I don't think Russell is at this point in his career.

I really like Jackson as well. Jackson at the 2 and Ingram at the 3 would instantly upgrade our defense. He's actually my favorite at the moment.
  • Klewfish and LakeShow1o1 like this

#54 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,048 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted January 23, 2017 - 09:01 PM

I've seen Lonzo play since he plays for.my favorite college team but what kind of player is Fultz?

#55 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,425 posts

Posted January 23, 2017 - 10:27 PM

I've seen Lonzo play since he plays for.my favorite college team but what kind of player is Fultz?

I think he's a much more athletic version of D'Angelo Russell.

#56 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,985 posts

Posted January 24, 2017 - 05:37 AM

I think that is a bit of a stretch. I feel like every draft everyone tries to say that the current draft prospects were better than or on par with past prospects. Russell has aspects of his game that were better than Fultz. Russell's biggest knock was athleticism but in no way is Fultz equal in all other aspects of the game when compared to Russell. 

I think Dennis Smith is worth looking at as well. I've only seen two games of his but he reminds me of a taller Isaiah Thomas.

#57 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,101 posts

Posted January 24, 2017 - 06:59 AM

You don't trust Huertas and Calderon??  

#58 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,101 posts

Posted January 24, 2017 - 07:00 AM

Shots Fired!

#59 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,425 posts

Posted January 24, 2017 - 10:47 PM

I think that is a bit of a stretch. I feel like every draft everyone tries to say that the current draft prospects were better than or on par with past prospects. Russell has aspects of his game that were better than Fultz. Russell's biggest knock was athleticism but in no way is Fultz equal in all other aspects of the game when compared to Russell. 

I think Dennis Smith is worth looking at as well. I've only seen two games of his but he reminds me of a taller Isaiah Thomas.

I know there is a tendency to always overrate the next draft, but most years there are a few top-tier talents near the top.  

Fultz Blocks a few more shots, but other than that their per-minute/possession numbers are almost identical. Dlo is sligthly taller and Fultz is a better athlete. Why is that a stretch. I'd say DLo might have bettter court vision, but it's close.

#60 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 8,167 posts

Posted January 25, 2017 - 06:53 AM

Fultz doesn't strike me as a playmaker D'Angelo was in college (though I didn't see D'Angelo doing much of a playmaking stuff in NBA either) but he is a better scorer than D'Angelo. He seeks contact, and is not afraid to attack the guy under the basket. He has that quality to him that Wade, Westbrook, Rose had. The fact that he can already shoot the long ball is a bonus. He has a higher upside than Russell IMO.

fXlFKv8.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)