4943 replies to this topic

#1 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,108 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted January 07, 2017 - 07:54 AM

If we keep our draft pick, what position do you fill and who would you pick?

#2 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 8,176 posts

Posted January 07, 2017 - 09:10 AM

BPA.

But if we get to pick someone this year, I would hope for TJ Leaf. He reminds me of McHale with his movements and footwork, and has a 3 point range.

• mrclutch likes this

fXlFKv8.gif

#3 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,094 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 07, 2017 - 11:37 AM

Jahlil Okafor

#4 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,542 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted January 07, 2017 - 12:59 PM

Lonzo Ballll
  • LACAS likes this

#5 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,367 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 09, 2017 - 11:11 AM

In all likelihood we will lose our pick and Boston will get the 1st pick or close to it.  Trying not to think about the draft this year to be honest.  Too early to start a 2018 draft thread? Lol

Edited by lakerfan98, January 09, 2017 - 11:12 AM.

#6 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,298 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 09, 2017 - 11:15 AM

I trade it to the Bulls for Jimmy Butler. 

• JGuez and LACAS like this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#7 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,488 posts

Posted January 09, 2017 - 11:38 AM

Fultz, Ball or Jackson or trade to Bulls for Jimmy (or Kings for Boogie).

#8 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,556 posts

Posted January 09, 2017 - 12:05 PM

I trade it to the Bulls for Jimmy Butler.

They'd ask for more than that. Trading for butler means the lakers are likely to get better ,thus, bulls will probably get less than face value.

#9 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,298 posts

Posted January 09, 2017 - 01:01 PM

They'd ask for more than that. Trading for butler means the lakers are likely to get better ,thus, bulls will probably get less than face value.

yeah but if they are a losing team they're gonna need something, especially if the Bulls continue their current way of things, they may just decide they need to blow it up and start a new.   Trading the pick for Butler helps both sides, it clears the cap for them and nets them a young talent they can push.  Depends really, cause doing that likely means Wade leaves as well and the rebuild can essentially start.  they may decide it may be better to cut their losses now as opposed to wallow in no-man's land for the next 5 seasons and THEN trying to rebuild.  

If we landed a top 3 pick I'd gladly trade it to the Bulls for Butler.   If they say no, then I'd just draft Lonzo Ball with it and cut my losses.  

And the Lakers getting better while Chicago lands 2 top end picks might be a better scenario for them as they hit the reset button as opposed to wallowing in no man's land for 5 seasons and then trying to rebuild.  

But again, if they said no, I'd just draft Lonzo Ball. 

Edited by Majesty, January 09, 2017 - 01:18 PM.

• LACAS likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#10 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,159 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 09, 2017 - 03:13 PM

yeah but if they are a losing team they're gonna need something, especially if the Bulls continue their current way of things, they may just decide they need to blow it up and start a new.   Trading the pick for Butler helps both sides, it clears the cap for them and nets them a young talent they can push.  Depends really, cause doing that likely means Wade leaves as well and the rebuild can essentially start.  they may decide it may be better to cut their losses now as opposed to wallow in no-man's land for the next 5 seasons and THEN trying to rebuild.  

If we landed a top 3 pick I'd gladly trade it to the Bulls for Butler.   If they say no, then I'd just draft Lonzo Ball with it and cut my losses.  

And the Lakers getting better while Chicago lands 2 top end picks might be a better scenario for them as they hit the reset button as opposed to wallowing in no man's land for 5 seasons and then trying to rebuild.  

I agree, I would trade the pick in a blink for Jimmy (not saying CHI pulls the trigger).

If you draft Ball (Im a fan) what happens to DLo?

#11 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,094 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 09, 2017 - 03:29 PM

I agree, I would trade the pick in a blink for Jimmy (not saying CHI pulls the trigger).

Lonzo Ball is a playmaker, he'd find DLo for the open 3 all day.

• LACAS likes this

#12 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,159 posts

Posted January 09, 2017 - 03:52 PM

Lonzo Ball is a playmaker, he'd find DLo for the open 3 all day.

Slide DLo to SG?

#13 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,037 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted January 09, 2017 - 04:29 PM

Are we already starting the unrealistic trade talk?
  • kball likes this

#14 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,159 posts

Posted January 09, 2017 - 04:49 PM

Are we already starting the unrealistic trade talk?

With a little over a month left, it seems suiting ;)

Its that time, get out the popcorn...

#15 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,488 posts

Posted January 09, 2017 - 11:06 PM

Ball looks like the next Jason Kidd, so him and DLo just shares the back-court. Ball, DLo and Ingram would be the best passing back-court trio in the nba. 

I'd still go with Fultz over Ball and maybe Jackson too.

#16 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,298 posts

Posted January 09, 2017 - 11:26 PM

Lonzo plays the 2 next to D'lo and gets wide open threes all day essentially while mixing in some playmaking and combo guard action.  

They'd find each other for wide open opportunities and in terms of 'fit' Lonzo's style is the one that would fit here most.  

However, we'd likely trade the pick for an already established star on another team that is being made available.  

Unless Ball or Fultz or something blew us away with their potential and looked transcendent.   

Sleeper pick I'd say if somehow despite a solid record we landed a bottom 3 pick due to percentage luck(like Chicago did with Rose) then a sleeper pick would be Malik Monk, if and when his wingspan is revealed to still be 6'6 like it was every year it was measured before Kentucky flubbed it.  The kid has Westbrook with a jumpshot potential

Edited by Majesty, January 09, 2017 - 11:33 PM.

#17 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,556 posts

Posted January 10, 2017 - 08:25 AM

Ok I thought you meant trading the pick before the deadline for butler.

Yeah If I were Mitch I'd trade the pick if they retain it unless there's a talent that hard to pass on. Not sure if the pick is enough to land butler though. Might include a future 1st, which Im ok with.

I dont want more picks or rookies anymore lol. Its time to trust the youth we have and add legit players to take it to the next level.

#18 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,922 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 10, 2017 - 08:32 AM

I do miss having all star players though.

Seems this day and age it takes min 4 years to become one (though exceptions like i think John Wall, LeBron)

• lakersince75 likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#19 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,059 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 10, 2017 - 09:05 AM

Before the crazy trade talks start.  You cannot get a star for JUST the 1st overall pick. 

• JGuez and kidpolean like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#20 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,037 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted January 10, 2017 - 10:18 AM

Before the crazy trade talks start.  You cannot get a star for JUST the 1st overall pick.

We go over this every season!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)