#21 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,158 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 27, 2017 - 10:12 AM

The only way you get rid of Moz or Deng is with a sweetener.  Deng can still play, Im down on Mozgov after the first 25 games.  Could be a solid backup role somewhere but no way he's an impact guy on a rebuilding team.

Possibly... we can sweeten it. 

Re: Deng, if we move Moz and keep Deng, Im good... obviously I would love to move them both but beggars cant be choosers. 

Re: Monroe, I think its a deal that can pick up steam, Moz would be a solid back up for MIL, hell maybe even a starter, Monroe and MIL are simply on different paths... and under the new upcoming CBA according to several here Moz will be relatively considered a decent contract at that point. 

#22 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 937 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted January 27, 2017 - 11:40 AM

I don't think Bucks take Moz after giving that contract to Plumlee. They have their own version of Moz in Plumlee

#23 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,158 posts

Posted January 27, 2017 - 12:09 PM

I don't think Bucks take Moz after giving that contract to Plumlee. They have their own version of Moz in Plumlee

Plumlee needs a back up, its technically a swap as Monroe is currently the backup... not saying MIL would do it but I would definitely explore it.

#24 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,366 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 27, 2017 - 12:35 PM

The Bucks have a lot of future salary tied up with their current players.  No way they take Moz and his contract instead of sticking with Monroe and getting some cap relief when he opts out.  

#25 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,556 posts

Posted January 27, 2017 - 09:46 PM

There's no reason to rush trading Mozgov or Deng. For what purpose? Clearing cap space? for who?

Its better to wait for a season or two and try to trade them by then. At least by then we're not gonna give up in trades as much.

#26 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,059 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 27, 2017 - 09:58 PM

I dont know about that.  I defended the signings earlier in the year but those 2 have been bad.  If somebody is willing to take 1 of them off our hands that would be great.  The Kings could be a possible destination with Rudy Gay done.  I'd give up Lou and Deng for Gay and whatever the hell they wanna send to get him off the books.  

There's no reason to rush trading Mozgov or Deng. For what purpose? Clearing cap space? for who?

Its better to wait for a season or two and try to trade them by then. At least by then we're not gonna give up in trades as much.

• LACAS likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#27 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,556 posts

Posted January 27, 2017 - 10:01 PM

I dont know about that.  I defended the signings earlier in the year but those 2 have been bad.  If somebody is willing to take 1 of them off our hands that would be great.  The Kings could be a possible destination with Rudy Gay done.  I'd give up Lou and Deng for Gay and whatever the hell they wanna send to get him off the books.  

I never liked the Mozgov signing but I trusted you when you said he'd be good for the team since I havent watched many games of the Cavs or when he was in Denver.

Sure Im down for trading both. I just dont see a feasible trade. Kings wont take on Mozgov.Lou is not worth accommodating Mozgov's contract imo.

#28 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,010 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted January 27, 2017 - 11:58 PM

You wait for a season or two and their value decreases even further.  If you do deal, now is the time to dump one of the albatrosses, Deng or Mozgov (preferably Mozgov).

#29 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,800 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted January 28, 2017 - 12:56 AM

You wait for a season or two and their value decreases even further. If you do deal, now is the time to dump one of the albatrosses, Deng or Mozgov (preferably Mozgov).

Just pop him in the grill and knock him down once every quarter. But seriously, I agree. I was cool with signing in the beginning but that ship has sailed quickly.

#30 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,485 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 28, 2017 - 03:47 AM

Mosgov and Deng have done enough.
The kids are the core.
It's about them.
Clarkson has facilitated more lately.
Zubac looks good.
Nance too when HEALTHY.

need everyone above healthy including Tarik.

#31 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,158 posts

Posted January 28, 2017 - 06:06 AM

Mosgov and Deng have done enough.
The kids are the core.
It's about them.
Clarkson has facilitated more lately.
Zubac looks good.
Nance too when HEALTHY.

need everyone above healthy including Tarik.

Agreed with everything EXCEPT "Mosgov and Deng have done enough."

Say what? Huh? Enough of what? Whatcha talkn bout Willis?

• DaSmoothOperator likes this

#32 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,158 posts

Posted January 28, 2017 - 06:39 AM

Im not sure the kids are the problem.

I believe the problem is those we have placed around them.

The balance of talent simply isn't there.

Edited by LACAS, January 28, 2017 - 06:40 AM.

• DaSmoothOperator likes this

#33 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,676 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted February 17, 2017 - 11:48 AM

I agree surprised? Moz has not lived up to expectations goodcas a back up, this is going to be an interesting week teamscthink we're desperate to trade are mistaken, if nothing happens it's better than a bad deal. But was hoping for Louvfir picks and maybe Moz with Clarkson for an expiring. About 25 games to go need to lose 21 of em, sorry just truth
  • LACAS likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users