#41 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 14,581 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 09, 2017 - 02:53 PM

I don't agree wit that at all actually.  Mozgov serves little to no purpose on this team.  If anything Robinson showing he has what it takes to play a role has killed Mozgov's minutes (and rightfully so) along with any use he has for this team now or going forward.  And don't give me the defensive purposes rant.Mozgov does nothing to help defensively at all.

#42 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 53,018 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 10, 2017 - 12:01 AM

I keep telling people that he was very thankful and grateful, "Cleveland." I think I was part of one of the best teams in the world, and it means a lot to me. A lot of emotions that I received, which gave a lot of thought. I feel that I miss this place ... 

But at the same time, I'm happy where I am now. We have a good young team, we work hard, grow together. And I love it! You could say I'm in a sense, still I continue to develop it. 

At the beginning of the season someone said that we do no not win the match! And now predict exit in the playoffs. But the team is young, the season is long, we'll see. 

Now, it seems to me, the team once again finds his game, drawing back. I think back to it, and win, that is not far off. There is also a big part of coaching. Generally, I like what we're doing with Luke Walton. I can see where we can grow.

Context, the enemy of shoddy reporting :) 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#43 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 15,668 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 10, 2017 - 02:38 AM

Metta by far

#44 LACAS

LACAS

Rookie

• 1,263 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:1974

Posted January 11, 2017 - 07:01 AM

Calderon and Huertas are keepers.

• lakersince75 likes this

#45 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,124 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 02:44 PM

Lakers inquired about Noel, but not willing to part with core pieces according to Sean Deveney (who?) of Sporting News.

http://www.silverscr...ram-larry-nance

#46 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 2,903 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted January 11, 2017 - 02:57 PM

Lakers inquired about Noel, but not willing to part with core pieces according to Sean Deveney (who?) of Sporting News.

http://www.silverscr...ram-larry-nance

Only reason I wouldn't give much up for him is because he is a restricted free agent and we would probably have to over pay to keep him. Plus he is a solid player but he isn't some dominant center like he would be paid to be next season

#47 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,245 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 11, 2017 - 07:25 PM

Sounds like Lakers made a call just like everyone else to see what theyd take.  

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#48 kidpolean

kidpolean

All-Star

• 6,401 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted January 11, 2017 - 08:16 PM

Sounds like Lakers made a call just like everyone else to see what theyd take.

We really don't have anything to offer them. They don't want or need any bigs and all of our guards that actually contribute probably weren't made available simply for Noel.

#49 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Superstar

• 7,822 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 11, 2017 - 10:24 PM

Only reason I wouldn't give much up for him is because he is a restricted free agent and we would probably have to over pay to keep him. Plus he is a solid player but he isn't some dominant center like he would be paid to be next season

Yeah, if we landed Noel we'd have to be willing to cough up the max. Personally, i wouldn't necessarily be against that, though. He's a pretty good fit at the 5 and he fits the age profile of the young core.

Of course, as we owe our pick to Philly i think trading between the teams is dicey.

If Lakers really want Noel we could simply try to offer him the max in the summer.

#50 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 2,903 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted January 12, 2017 - 09:58 AM

Yeah, if we landed Noel we'd have to be willing to cough up the max. Personally, i wouldn't necessarily be against that, though. He's a pretty good fit at the 5 and he fits the age profile of the young core.

Of course, as we owe our pick to Philly i think trading between the teams is dicey.

If Lakers really want Noel we could simply try to offer him the max in the summer.

Yea there is no way I give Noel the max. He isn't that good imo
  • LACAS likes this

#51 LACAS

LACAS

Rookie

• 1,263 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:1974

Posted January 12, 2017 - 10:32 AM

Yea there is no way I give Noel the max. He isn't that good imo

As much as I like Noel, I would not want to max him out.

• lakersince75 likes this

#52 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 2,749 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted January 21, 2017 - 05:47 AM

We're not going to make any moves because by the time Russell Clarkson and Randle are 30 they are going to be HOF worthy. Especially Russell  

Edited by lakersince75, January 21, 2017 - 05:47 AM.

#53 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 15,668 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 21, 2017 - 09:10 AM

4 seasons isn't 12.

Stfu

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users