#1 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,273 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 30, 2016 - 11:14 AM

I really love his game and i think there isnt a TROB Thread yet

He plays big and I think the Lakers will offer him a contract next summer,he deserves it!

Plus he is only 25..

thoughts?

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#2 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,716 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 30, 2016 - 11:26 AM

I think he's one of the most frustrating players we have to watch.

One one play you see him shut down a much smaller player one-on-one or beat everyone down the court in a sprint, but the next you see him fumble the ball or miss a wide open layup.

He's most definitely playing himself into a contract next summer. I'm thinking a mini-midlevel sized deal. Question is whether its with the Lakers. Personally i wouldn't mind keeping him, but i dont see any reason to keep both him and Black on the books.

• manaro90 and Jody Smokes like this

#3 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,294 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted December 30, 2016 - 02:02 PM

You think Thomas Robinson is good?  Dude he's the worst defensive big on the team and might be one of the worst in the entire league.  He's a hustle man.  He'll get boards and putbacks from time to time but overall he is not a good player or a factor on a good team.  He's in his 5th year and has managed to not be better than he was coming in.  Only has 1 real skill.  

I really love his game and i think there isnt a TROB Thread yet

He plays big and I think the Lakers will offer him a contract next summer,he deserves it!

Plus he is only 25..

thoughts?

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#4 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 6,351 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted December 30, 2016 - 04:22 PM

He'd be great if only he were a couple inches taller. We desperately need an athletic C that is around the 6'11-7 foot range to protect the paint and is able to be a constant presence inside. T-Rob is what he is at this point. He hustles and plays hard but his lack of size will always be a problem. Him and Black are a lot alike in that regard which is unfortunate. If everybody on our team played with the effort they do on a nightly basis we'd really have something. I hope we find a way to keep him around if possible. 

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#5 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,294 posts

Posted December 30, 2016 - 04:42 PM

You could use that if he was taller qualifier for a bunch of players.  He's not and he's not good at anything outside of rebounding.  This is his 6th team for a good reason. 

He'd be great if only he were a couple inches taller. We desperately need an athletic C that is around the 6'11-7 foot range to protect the paint and is able to be a constant presence inside. T-Rob is what he is at this point. He hustles and plays hard but his lack of size will always be a problem. Him and Black are a lot alike in that regard which is unfortunate. If everybody on our team played with the effort they do on a nightly basis we'd really have something. I hope we find a way to keep him around if possible. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#6 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,792 posts

Posted December 30, 2016 - 09:54 PM

Robinson has improved but he's still nothing special. He's athletic, can finish, and hustles

He's become a better version of that but he's still a 8-10th man at best
Posted Image

#7 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 31, 2016 - 12:01 PM

He's the same as pretty much all of the PF/C we have. Hustle, rebound and some D. None of our current guys have a soft jumper, None are goto guys offensively, none are going to be superstars. He's another very serviceable dude who is great for insurance. I'll take his hustle over some of our starters hustle any day

#8 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,294 posts

Posted December 31, 2016 - 12:18 PM

TRob, Nance and Randle aren't alike at all. Not sure how came to this conclusion.  The latter 2 are easily better players as well, with Nance being the best role player of the bunch.  

He's the same as pretty much all of the PF/C we have. Hustle, rebound and some D. None of our current guys have a soft jumper, None are goto guys offensively, none are going to be superstars. He's another very serviceable dude who is great for insurance. I'll take his hustle over some of our starters hustle any day

#9 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,792 posts

Posted December 31, 2016 - 01:34 PM

Nance plays really good perimeter defense and can hit a mid range jumper somewhat well
Posted Image

#10 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted January 01, 2017 - 07:58 AM

TRob, Nance and Randle aren't alike at all. Not sure how came to this conclusion.  The latter 2 are easily better players as well, with Nance being the best role player of the bunch.  

The point was they are ALL AVERAGE. TRob has some traits that are better than Nance. Nance has some better than Randle etc. The are no Karl Malones or Charles Barkleys in the bunch. I'd settle for a Rodman. Not just on the PF side of things, but we have players getting the opportunity that most that didn't so-call develop or break out for 5 years didn't have. They were given the keys to the car from minute one and some of them are just plain and simply blowing it. This includes the FO. With Russell I would have had an Old Ass Alpha-Male PG on my roster. Not Huertas or Calderon (international butts in seats). Not to start in front of Russell but one who Russell would respect and or fear an Ass whoopin in the locker room

#11 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,546 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 01, 2017 - 11:21 AM

Nance plays really good perimeter defense and can hit a mid range jumper somewhat well

Shoots like a girl though

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#12 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,993 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 01, 2017 - 03:49 PM

Shoots like a girl though

OK. I've seen ladies with better shot than him and Randle. Stop dissing the ladies man. Sheesh
  • BasketballIQ likes this

#13 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,294 posts

Posted January 01, 2017 - 10:17 PM

I would much rather see what Zubac could offer this team than to have to suffer another minute of Trob.  Good hustle at times but countered by terrible defense and offensive decision making

• BasketballIQ likes this

#14 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,682 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 02, 2017 - 01:29 AM

Loved what I saw tonight from Trob. Limited obviously but still can positively impact a game.
We need more perimeter confidence from Ingram and JC
  • manaro90 likes this

#15 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,547 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted January 02, 2017 - 09:35 AM

I would much rather see what Zubac could offer this team than to have to suffer another minute of Trob.  Good hustle at times but countered by terrible defense and offensive decision making

If you had run the floor instead of hustling it'd describe Mozgov to a T. He's the reason we aren't seeing Zubac.

#16 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,273 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 02, 2017 - 11:02 AM

Loved what I saw tonight from Trob. Limited obviously but still can positively impact a game.
We need more perimeter confidence from Ingram and JC

same here

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#17 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,405 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted January 02, 2017 - 11:39 AM

If only we could get the rest of the kids to play with the same hustle as TRob...

#18 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,291 posts

Posted January 02, 2017 - 12:23 PM

Serena Winters @SerenaWinters 3h3 hours ago

Additional T-Rob stats via @calder_h: Over past 6 games, Thomas Robinson is now averaging 8.2 points & 9 rebounds on 71.9% shooting (23-32).

The people who are piling up on T-Rob are dumb. Lakers are his 6th team in 5 years, and he's averaged 14 minutes for his career. I mean what was the expectation anyway? Allstar? Lol.

What the people who sing praises for him mean is that he's been positive for the time he's played, especially recently. The guy is grabbing 10 plus rebounds in just 17-18 minutes. Getting 4-5 offensive rebounds, and converting putbacks. Of course he is not gonna get starter minutes, but there are [expletive] tons of players who are 9th or 10th man on the team, and among those players T-Rob is great. His presence was felt for such a role player, and everyone should be happy for him. What you should ask is that why is he getting praise among all other prospects on the team. And that should tell you all about our situation...

Edited by Tensai, January 02, 2017 - 12:24 PM.

fXlFKv8.gif

#19 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,294 posts

Posted January 02, 2017 - 02:47 PM

His impact on some offensive plays is known and good but when he's terrible on defense it erases any positive impact he has IMO.  I'd rather see Zubac.  

#20 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,249 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 02, 2017 - 03:01 PM

People see Robinon's stat line and immediately think he's a plus but if you understand the game of basketball you'd realize that his impact when on the floor overall is very minimal... Just watching him, there's really nothing he does special outside of being the standard hustle guy.  He's essentially just another Tarik Black with a tad more athleticism and 0 offensive/defensive output.  He's also undersized 

This Laker team is terrible at rebounding the ball, thus with Robinson in, you'd expect him to grab a majority of them (especially with Nance out of the rotation).  What the Lakers need is a defensive anchor that alters shots near the basket.  Mozgov provides that towards a certain extent but on so many occasions the Lakers fail to help the helper (Mozgov).  Zubac should be getting the minute that have been allocated to Black/Robinson regardless of his inability to run the floor at a high rate.  His defensive potential (Zubac) alone warrants minutes in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users