#81 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 2,995 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted December 29, 2016 - 10:12 PM

Glad to hear the fans boo.

This team doesn't deserve positive support from people spending their hard-earned money to watch their subpar efforts.

This is why wins and losses DO matter. I don't care what development excuse you want to use, winning matters. You don't play the game to just play. This is professional ball, you're getting paid EXTREMELY well to play hard and win at every turn you possibly can.

Hoping for that too. They need that boo if they still hadnt realized how to play with pride and passion

#82 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 6,343 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted December 29, 2016 - 10:12 PM

Maybe the Lakers should think about defending the perimeter - hell I don't know.  Most of their threes have been completely uncontested.

This is why I said 25-57.  I see nothing but the absolute minimal improvement in wins this year.  No player on this team (outside of Nance) shows me much to get excited about.  Ingram has flashes, but I'm still not super impressed.  Two #2 picks out there and both play like the NBA should be falling at their feet.  Vet free agents that have to ride the pine in crunch time and can't play defense or do what they were hired to do (outside of Williams).

The Lakers have no heart.  I can't abide by that.

We didn't give up 110 points! Boom, I got your progress right there! All jokes aside 25 seems like a good number but that's only 8 more wins than last year? I'd need more than that if I were the owner with the money spent this off-season... 

• fido likes this

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#83 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 14,666 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 29, 2016 - 10:14 PM

Hahaha!  :)

Me too - but this team simply isn't good.  I don't see this group as the group that turns into something special.  I can't see through the fog of entitled laziness these guys play with.

Russell isn't what people think he is, Ingram is painfully young and his size is an issue in the paint and perimeter.  I wouldn't harp on Russell so much other than so many said he was the guy who was going to lead this team, the new blood that would step up.  This was supposed to be a breakout year for him.  Instead I see the same junk I saw last year - and injuries to boot.  Their free agent signings (as said by some of us) were absolute crap and they've designed a team that has no identity, as far as player types go.  It's all over the map.

Anyway, this game just affirms what I've known since last season.  I am still hoping they can prove me wrong, but right now it's not looking that way.

Have a good night and a safe New Year celebration everyone.

#84 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 2,995 posts

Posted December 29, 2016 - 10:16 PM

Was planning to play nba 2k after the game. But i think thats enough of the lakers for now. Even playing it right now is too much for me lol
  • The Big Fish likes this

#85 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 6,343 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted December 29, 2016 - 10:28 PM

Hahaha!  :)

Me too - but this team simply isn't good.  I don't see this group as the group that turns into something special.  I can't see through the fog of entitled laziness these guys play with.

Russell isn't what people think he is, Ingram is painfully young and his size is an issue in the paint and perimeter.  I wouldn't harp on Russell so much other than so many said he was the guy who was going to lead this team, the new blood that would step up.  This was supposed to be a breakout year for him.  Instead I see the same junk I saw last year - and injuries to boot.  Their free agent signings (as said by some of us) were absolute crap and they've designed a team that has no identity, as far as player types go.  It's all over the map.

Anyway, this game just affirms what I've known since last season.  I am still hoping they can prove me wrong, but right now it's not looking that way.

Have a good night and a safe New Year celebration everyone.

It's concerning as heart and effort isn't something that can be taught. They brought up Kobe earlier when mentioning Ingram but the type of passion he played with is rare. You either step foot in the NBA with that desire to be great or you don't. It appears right now, Mitch and whoever else was in on it, drafted guys who don't REALLY want to be that player. You don't even have to be vocal at all. Kawhi is one of the quietest guys ever but his style of play is as infectious as any loudmouth you could name.

I'll hold out judgment on Ingram because he hasn't even played a full year but the other three... play time is over. If I were in their shoes after a game like this I'd be in the gym in a couple hours putting in extra work. You kind of have to harp on Russell since he is the leader by technicality. The PG runs the show. Where the game goes is literally in his hands. 

I thought Deng would be a solid player for us not gonna lie but he looks older than I ever imagined. I'd also be lying if I expected Mozgov to be a Laker this off-season. I actually wanted us to sign Bismack but that's another discussion for another time. The team hit a new low tonight. I hope like hell they answer the bell and salvage the season from here. You have a good night and Happy New Year Eve's Eve to you Fido, as well as my other LN family. 

Edited by The Big Fish, December 29, 2016 - 10:31 PM.

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#86 ____

____

Superstar

• 7,483 posts

Posted December 29, 2016 - 10:35 PM

Lakers only 1/2 a game out of last place in the West. These clowns haven't learned from their usual mistakes and will not learn to fix them at all this season, so [expletive] it...

tank_zps4171be94.jpg

#87 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 2,995 posts

Posted December 29, 2016 - 11:05 PM

Whew, anyone seen the the post game interviews and analysis? Everyone is frustrated as they should be. But everyone is still restraining calling out each other even luke which i think is the time when luke should and players should to each other

#88 ____

____

Superstar

• 7,483 posts

Posted December 29, 2016 - 11:15 PM

Seen their post-game interviews, and couldn't help but chuckle at all the repetitive crap everyone was saying. I could care less what they say or feel. It's like listening to a broken record saying how they need to do this and they need to do that.They can be as sad, upset, angry, frustrated, disappointed, etc. as much as they want. Ain't nobody gonna feel sorry for their sorryasses.

And if they truly are restraining themselves from calling each other out, then this team is screwed. Not surprised they're not vocal to each other in the locker room since there's lack of communication out on that basketball court.

Edited by ____, December 29, 2016 - 11:15 PM.

#89 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 7,014 posts

Posted December 30, 2016 - 04:46 AM

D'Beliebers should hang out in game threads more.

fXlFKv8.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users