• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,444 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted December 23, 2016 - 05:55 PM

Luke basically tanked the game when he pulled the starters right when they went on a run.

#22 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 7,178 posts

Posted December 23, 2016 - 06:08 PM

I'd start T-Rob full time.

fXlFKv8.gif

#23 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,444 posts

Posted December 23, 2016 - 06:28 PM

If any other coach lost 11/12 and allowed as many points as they have, the entire forum would be up in arms. When are people gonna start turning on Luke? Should be soon enough. 

#24 ____

____

Superstar

• 7,483 posts

Posted December 23, 2016 - 06:29 PM

Gotta give these guys a B for effort. B for blowing leads and B for blowout losses.

#25 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 6,349 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted December 23, 2016 - 06:34 PM

If any other coach lost 11/12 and allowed as many points as they have, the entire forum would be up in arms. When are people gonna start turning on Luke? Should be soon enough. 

I'm never turning on Luke. He's the best young coach we've had in quite a while. I'm more than willing to give him his full contract to fix things and will assess things after. We can't keep firing coaches. When are the players gonna be accountable? Byron doesn't look like such a horrible coach now right? Players have to play at the end of the day. 

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#26 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 7,178 posts

Posted December 23, 2016 - 06:35 PM

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there."

- John Wooden

We are right about to find out.

Oh and I can't wait to read what Lakers Jr. believers have to say.

Edited by Tensai, December 23, 2016 - 06:36 PM.

fXlFKv8.gif

#27 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,048 posts

Posted December 23, 2016 - 06:36 PM

Maybe give us a breakdown on what you think has transpired over the last 10 games. What is exactly his problem ? Should the lakers fire him ? Like what do you suggest ?

#28 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,444 posts

Posted December 23, 2016 - 06:43 PM

I'm never turning on Luke. He's the best young coach we've had in quite a while. I'm more than willing to give him his full contract to fix things and will assess things after. We can't keep firing coaches. When are the players gonna be accountable? Byron doesn't look like such a horrible coach now right? Players have to play at the end of the day. 

Maybe give us a breakdown on what you think has transpired over the last 10 games. What is exactly his problem ? Should the lakers fire him ? Like what do you suggest ?

Who said anything about firing him? Why do you all immediately think that of any coach who's criticized? 

Look at how many points were giving up per game. We're the worst defense in the league. Yes, we don't have the talent to be a good/great defensive team, but there's a huge problem with both the coach AND the players when you're the worst in the league.

I suggested something in the Luke thread. Get rid of the assistants like Shaw and Madsen. We need some strong basketball minds to come in and help our young guys get accustomed to the league. Everyone is way too buddy buddy right now and it worked at the beginning of the season, but I said from the beginning, I want to see how our attitudes change when we start losing games. We've started losing games and Luke has started calling our guys mentally soft, our guys haven't responded at all. We can make excuses about injuries and talent and schedule all game, but I don't see a single excuse that relieves us of our lack of effort. 

#29 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 6,349 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted December 23, 2016 - 06:47 PM

Who said anything about firing him? Why do you all immediately think that of any coach who's criticized? 

Look at how many points were giving up per game. We're the worst defense in the league. Yes, we don't have the talent to be a good/great defensive team, but there's a huge problem with both the coach AND the players when you're the worst in the league.

I suggested something in the Luke thread. Get rid of the assistants like Shaw and Madsen. We need some strong basketball minds to come in and help our young guys get accustomed to the league. Everyone is way too buddy buddy right now and it worked at the beginning of the season, but I said from the beginning, I want to see how our attitudes change when we start losing games. We've started losing games and Luke has started calling our guys mentally soft, our guys haven't responded at all. We can make excuses about injuries and talent and schedule all game, but I don't see a single excuse that relieves us of our lack of effort. 

I assumed that by turning on him you meant eventually people would want him fired. If that isn't what you meant my bad. I'm all for possibly making coaching adjustments and agree we could use a swift kick in the ass. I agree with your last point. The effort is something I can't excuse either. I've always said I can handle my team losing if they're playing hard. It is rough to defend them when this is the product they continue to put on the floor. 

• bigvee likes this

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#30 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 7,178 posts

Posted December 23, 2016 - 06:57 PM

Mitch and FO can't wait for the season to play out anymore. It's been enough of a game sample to take action.

We can't be content with the known unhappiness and reject the unknown happiness. Change something and see if it works or not. Ever since the CP3 trade has been nixed, and Dwight chose to bolt it's been a passive organization.

fXlFKv8.gif

#31 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Rookie

• 545 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 23, 2016 - 08:05 PM

This Laker team is done. Tank mode now please.

#32 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 14,771 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 23, 2016 - 10:24 PM

Turn on Luke if you want, but at some point fans will have to deal with the fact that the players the Lakers have simply aren't good enough to win.

They're young and injured, sure, but eventually you have to look at the players and wonder why they're not learning lessons, improving game to game or putting in the work to spark that improvement.

A young team with bad free agent signings tacked on and no leader on the court (and nobody even trying to step up into that role) will go nowhere.

• The Big Fish and Tensai like this

#33 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,001 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted December 23, 2016 - 10:36 PM

im glad i didnt get the chance to watch the game

#34 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,630 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted December 23, 2016 - 10:44 PM

What the hell has been happening lately? or is it that I just have a little bit of higher expectations from em this year?

EyMlHkX.jpg

#35 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,302 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted December 24, 2016 - 02:31 AM

We're the league's bich right now.

More losses than the other crap teams

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#36 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TEIAM

• 2,423 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted December 24, 2016 - 07:59 AM

Watched the game this morning.  I think Fido is right; most of this team just isn't very good.  I like some of the players, but come on man...ugh.

• fido likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users