LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,172 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 17, 2016 - 10:30 AM

http://www.espn.com/...g-eight-minutes

This is what happens when you trust a misguided and uncoordinated process.  It will be very interesting to see how this all plays out and while all directions seem to lead to Noel being dealt, I am very curious to see his value on the market and what the 76ers may get in return.

#2 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,154 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 18, 2016 - 03:04 PM

Probably not much.  From what I've read he's been pretty unprofessional and hasn't been much of hard worker behind the scenes.  Who knows.  

http://www.espn.com/...g-eight-minutes

This is what happens when you trust a misguided and uncoordinated process.  It will be very interesting to see how this all plays out and while all directions seem to lead to Noel being dealt, I am very curious to see his value on the market and what the 76ers may get in return.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#3 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,601 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 18, 2016 - 06:05 PM

it's starting to implode

#4 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,154 posts

Posted December 18, 2016 - 06:57 PM

It's only 1 player man.  A player that's hasn't really been healthy at that.  

it's starting to implode

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#5 Klewfish

Klewfish

Reppin' LA on the East Coast

• 2,197 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:Game 4 of 2000 NBA Finals

Posted December 18, 2016 - 07:03 PM

I don't want to completely let him off the hook, but I can understand him being frustrated and acting "unprofessionally". He had IMO a great rookie year, and really turned things on after the all-star break his rookie season (13.1 ppg, 10.0 rpg, 2.3 bpg, 2.1 spg), he was showing DPOY potential. Then they bring in the glut of other big men and for no fault of his own he gets put on the back burner. I think his trade value is going to be low, but teams that want him should believe a change of scenery will do wonders for him and he can still be an elite rim protector in this league. 

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

#6 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,154 posts

Posted December 18, 2016 - 07:04 PM

I honestly believe Noel is intimidated by the fact that Embiid has been beasting so he wants to force his way out asap.  What sucks for him is that tanking his value doesnt actually make him easier to move. 

#7 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,154 posts

Posted December 18, 2016 - 07:05 PM

http://nba.nbcsports...g-nerlens-noel/

There seems to be more to his acting out than simply Philly's "process".  Other teams are skeptical of him and he has to be paid this offseason and has yet to be healthy.  

I don't want to completely let him off the hook, but I can understand him being frustrated and acting "unprofessionally". He had IMO a great rookie year, and really turned things on after the all-star break his rookie season (13.1 ppg, 10.0 rpg, 2.3 bpg, 2.1 spg), he was showing DPOY potential. Then they bring in the glut of other big men and for no fault of his own he gets put on the back burner. I think his trade value is going to be low, but teams that want him should believe a change of scenery will do wonders for him and he can still be an elite rim protector in this league. 

Edited by Jody Smokes, December 18, 2016 - 07:06 PM.

#8 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,555 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 18, 2016 - 10:23 PM

I honestly believe Noel is intimidated by the fact that Embiid has been beasting so he wants to force his way out asap.  What sucks for him is that tanking his value doesnt actually make him easier to move. 

It's hard to figure out what the hell is happening in Philly.

My theory: They want to keep Noel and Embiid who actually does fit together pretty well, but they aren't willing to give up Okafor for less than what his market value is at, so they try to bump his value by playing him a lot. At this point the relationship seems so toxic that they might have to bite the bullet and move Noel for what they can get, which isn't much at this point.

#9 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,060 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 18, 2016 - 11:23 PM

Clarkson for Stauskas and Noel works under the cap.

#10 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,172 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 19, 2016 - 11:00 AM

Clarkson for Stauskas and Noel works under the cap.

Wouldn't take that deal.  Clarkson, while still inconsistent, is on a great deal and in my opinion provides more towards this team than Noel would.  Had Noel shown that he could stay healthy I'd do it in a heartbeat.

#11 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,154 posts

Posted December 20, 2016 - 03:01 PM

I think a lot of people are forgetting that Noel is about to hit the market for an offer sheet this offseason.  He doesn't have a good enough body of work to consider a rebuilding team sinking 20+M a year into him, especially when we have 16M a year and 18M a year tied up in Deng and Mozgov. 

I see the potential but I see the red flags in his game and health and apparently the Sixers and other teams do too.

If LA traded for him they have 50 games or so to figure out if he's worth cashing in on.  On top of that it's been noted he wants to be a FOCAL point of a team.  Think about that.  This front office is trying to build a new positive winning selfless environment and then you bring in an unproven player that has it in his mind he's a star player.  Think Dwight Howard in the making. 

I don't think you bring that into your team at the expense of one of your good young players. 

#12 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,555 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 20, 2016 - 10:23 PM

I think a lot of people are forgetting that Noel is about to hit the market for an offer sheet this offseason.  He doesn't have a good enough body of work to consider a rebuilding team sinking 20+M a year into him, especially when we have 16M a year and 18M a year tied up in Deng and Mozgov. 

I see the potential but I see the red flags in his game and health and apparently the Sixers and other teams do too.

If LA traded for him they have 50 games or so to figure out if he's worth cashing in on.  On top of that it's been noted he wants to be a FOCAL point of a team.  Think about that.  This front office is trying to build a new positive winning selfless environment and then you bring in an unproven player that has it in his mind he's a star player.  Think Dwight Howard in the making. 

I don't think you bring that into your team at the expense of one of your good young players. 

All valid points, but at the same time those red flags are the reason why we may actually be able to trade for him.

The injuries are a concern but i'm not sure how big of a concern. People can easily recover from a torn ACL as he had in college and he did play 75 and 67 for the two first years in the nba. The games he's missed seem to be due to minor injuries. But who the hell knows.

I dont necessarily think that he is the second coming of D12 (or Whiteside) and that he is expecting to get a lot of post touches. But i do think he wants to be the starting C for a team and i think he wants to be featured in the offense. In Philly he is a third banana, basically.

#13 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,566 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted December 21, 2016 - 01:19 AM

I think he's most worried that he actually won't get paid this offseason. I don't see 20M or whatever you guys are saying if he doesn't manage to get on the court. It's a giant red flag for him that it's gone on this long and they still haven't traded him. He could possibly be very cheap this offseason. If no one wants him for the rental, not much are gonna be dying to max him, or anywhere close to that. 

#14 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,154 posts

Posted December 21, 2016 - 05:25 PM

He might not get paid what he wants but he's going to get paid.  BKN GM already said they will be going after RFA's again.  They gave Allen Crabbe a 72M dollar offer sheet.  What makes you think they wont force LA's hand on Noel?  Or any team for that matter?  

I think he's most worried that he actually won't get paid this offseason. I don't see 20M or whatever you guys are saying if he doesn't manage to get on the court. It's a giant red flag for him that it's gone on this long and they still haven't traded him. He could possibly be very cheap this offseason. If no one wants him for the rental, not much are gonna be dying to max him, or anywhere close to that. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users