Photo

If you could add one active player to this roster, who would you pick?

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,520 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted December 17, 2016 - 01:44 AM

If you could add one active player to this roster, who would you pick?

The obvious choice is a big, so Cousins, Davis and Towns will come up.

But for me , given the age of our guys, I'd love Rodney Hood. Two way wing, who can bring toughness and perimeter D.

Now obviously KD or Kawhi would be better , or Bron and many would prefer Booker as a young guard or Wiggins at the wing but that's why I started this topic.

I think if we wanted to get in the playoffs, Marc Gasol with every other piece would be enough to make us 16-13 right now

#2 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 9,416 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 17, 2016 - 02:12 AM

The obvious choice would be to add one of those guys mentioned above, but in terms of guys that fit the age profile of our team and someone who we realistically could add without giving up the farm i'd say Nerlens Noel. He'd be the defensive presence we need inside and would be a pick-and-roll/garbage man on offense.

• GCMD and LACAS like this

#3 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,658 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted December 17, 2016 - 03:55 AM

The obvious choice would be to add one of those guys mentioned above, but in terms of guys that fit the age profile of our team and someone who we realistically could add without giving up the farm i'd say Nerlens Noel. He'd be the defensive presence we need inside and would be a pick-and-roll/garbage man on offense.

Would love to see him in purple and gold (for Clarkson), but his attitude is a cause of concern. Recently, he trashed a place he rented.

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#4 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,092 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted December 17, 2016 - 04:20 AM

Ive been saying Noel for some time...  I know Ill get heat for this as I have then and will now but I would LOVE to move Moz, Im simply not a fan of his nor his contract.

Noel would be solid! Young enough to grow and develop with our core, PHI is going to move him sooner rather than later, the question becomes who could we give up?

But since we're talking any player.... Davis or KAT.

Edited by LACAS, December 17, 2016 - 01:55 PM.

#5 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,168 posts

Posted December 17, 2016 - 11:57 AM

Anthony Davis, absolutely no doubt about it.
  • androsays likes this

#6 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,350 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted December 17, 2016 - 12:07 PM

Maybe KAT

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#7 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,222 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted December 17, 2016 - 01:00 PM

Lebron

#8 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,370 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 17, 2016 - 01:22 PM

Kawhi Leonard or C.J. McCollum

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#9 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 5,833 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted December 17, 2016 - 02:31 PM

AD would be insane

2div

#10 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,493 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted December 17, 2016 - 06:01 PM

Bron...nobody else should even be mentioned!

#11 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 6,351 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted December 17, 2016 - 07:14 PM

KAT will forever be the one that got away for me anyway.

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#12 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,222 posts

Posted December 18, 2016 - 02:20 PM

KAT will forever be the one that got away for me anyway.

Got away from who?

#13 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 6,351 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted December 18, 2016 - 04:41 PM

Got away from who?

We were a ping pong ball away from scooping up a no brainer. I like Russell but it's no comparison between the two. 

Edited by The Big Fish, December 18, 2016 - 04:41 PM.

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#14 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,178 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 18, 2016 - 08:57 PM

Anthony Davis, Gordon Hayward or Karl Anthony Towns.

How is Towns the one that got away?  He was drafted #1, the Lakers didn't have a shot at him.  If nothing else, he's a good fish to after when he's a free agent.  There's a tiny chance he'll want to stay wallowing in Minnesota his entire career.

Marc Gasol is not leaving Memphis, nor do you want him at the point he would leave Memphis.  Big guy that is now becoming chronically injured.  The Lakers already went through the dumb Hibbert move and now are going through this Mozgov thing.  The Lakers don't need to repeat the mistake a third time.

#15 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,222 posts

Posted December 18, 2016 - 09:05 PM

Anthony Davis, Gordon Hayward or Karl Anthony Towns.

How is Towns the one that got away? He was drafted #1, the Lakers didn't have a shot at him. If nothing else, he's a good fish to after when he's a free agent. There's a tiny chance he'll want to stay wallowing in Minnesota his entire career.

Marc Gasol is not leaving Memphis, nor do you want him at the point he would leave Memphis. Big guy that is now becoming chronically injured. The Lakers already went through the dumb Hibbert move and now are going through this Mozgov thing. The Lakers don't need to repeat the mistake a third time.

You are the only one that still thinks the Mozgov signing was a bad one. Who else could we have signed since we needed a center? Compared to what other centers got it isn't that bad

#16 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,178 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 18, 2016 - 09:20 PM

I was for not signing another center.  I was fine with the rotation of Randle, Black and Zubac. His style of play didn't (and still doesn't) fit the speed, youth-oriented, athletic style Luke was looking to plug in.  He bogs down both the offense and defense - continually.

The money would've been better spent on an athletic wing/small forward type, mid-career veteran that can play active defense.

Mozgov has a 4 year deal, that's too long.  I was not against the money (that's just how the market is now), I'm against making him your first out of the gate signing for that long of a deal.  Him and Deng on  4 year deals, when all you've been doing is touting and chasing down cap room for impact players were bad moves.  I'll stand by that.  And for the record, I'm not the only one who still doesn't like the signing.

• Busty Bluth and lakersince75 like this

#17 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 9,416 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 18, 2016 - 10:51 PM

I was for not signing another center.  I was fine with the rotation of Randle, Black and Zubac. His style of play didn't (and still doesn't) fit the speed, youth-oriented, athletic style Luke was looking to plug in.  He bogs down both the offense and defense - continually.

The money would've been better spent on an athletic wing/small forward type, mid-career veteran that can play active defense.

Mozgov has a 4 year deal, that's too long.  I was not against the money (that's just how the market is now), I'm against making him your first out of the gate signing for that long of a deal.  Him and Deng on  4 year deals, when all you've been doing is touting and chasing down cap room for impact players were bad moves.  I'll stand by that.  And for the record, I'm not the only one who still doesn't like the signing.

I didn't mind us going after Mozgov because he is a good guy to have, is excellent on the pick and roll, can defend a bit, has a relationship with Brian Shaw from his Denver days etc.

But it still seemed like too much of a a knee-jerk situation after it was clear that Whiteside wouldn't even meet with us and the price tage was simply too steep. I think we could have gotten him for less than what he was paid - maybe 12M/yr or 16M for 3 years or something. Who knows.

On the other hand, when i go though the list of Cs that were signed, it's tough to see who we could have gotten that would have been all that much better. Maybe Bismack Biyombo or perhaps Nene on a shorter deal would have been better.

• fido likes this

#18 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,350 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted December 19, 2016 - 02:12 AM

I didn't mind us going after Mozgov because he is a good guy to have, is excellent on the pick and roll, can defend a bit, has a relationship with Brian Shaw from his Denver days etc.

But it still seemed like too much of a a knee-jerk situation after it was clear that Whiteside wouldn't even meet with us and the price tage was simply too steep. I think we could have gotten him for less than what he was paid - maybe 12M/yr or 16M for 3 years or something. Who knows.

On the other hand, when i go though the list of Cs that were signed, it's tough to see who we could have gotten that would have been all that much better. Maybe Bismack Biyombo or perhaps Nene on a shorter deal would have been better.

I'd say a pretty damn good relationship w Shaw.

Or maybe its just a coincidence Moz is wearing Shaw's old #20???

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#19 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,186 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 19, 2016 - 07:20 AM

KAT or Joel.  With quality centers rearing their heads again I think the landscape will change back to a 60% FG guy being very valuable. Especially one who gets 20 shots per game. The foul trouble these two would get the other team into would be wild

Edited by lakersince75, December 19, 2016 - 07:33 AM.

#20 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,186 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 19, 2016 - 07:20 AM

You are the only one that still thinks the Mozgov signing was a bad one. Who else could we have signed since we needed a center? Compared to what other centers got it isn't that bad

NENE  LOL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users